Sign in to follow this  
CarerQuie

Back from the brink.

Sorry not to have been around for a while.My 10 year old was not well over Christmas and was admitted to hospital on 27th December and remained in for 2 weeks.

He was unlucky enough to contract the (thankfully extremely rare)Stevens Johnson syndrome.it was quite frrightening to be unable to do much to help him.He needed oxgen,3 courses of IV antibiotics,topical creams for eyes,skin and genitals,IV feeding,naso gastric tube feeding and morphine.

He is now home and slowly on the road to recovery.Eating is still difficult and he still needs to apply burns cream to his genitals and take painkillers in order to pass urine.It will be some time until he can return to school-then only part time at first.

We're pleased that he has survived because he was so ill.It may be some time until I am back properly in the group.In the meantime,high 5's to all those celebrating and group hugs to all those who need them!xx

Hi. I saw this posted on the other board by Twinkle and posted there and here also.

I am sooooo pleased that R is on the mend and out of hospital. What a tough time for you all! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I said I'd send out a card but totally forgot with everything that's happened here lately. I am soooo soooo sorry but please, give him my love hugs and best wishes.

What a brave brave lil boy he is and what a strong Mum you are too.

Great to see he's home. :clap:

Edited by Tylers-mum

CarerQuie - I just looked this up as I hadn't heard of it - my word - you've had a lot to deal with ...

I think you need some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> yourself.

Thinking of you

Eve

Glad your son is well on the way to recovery.I had a seriously ill child in hospital and it is a frightening experience.sending you some of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

So glad you son is home.It souns like you have been through the worst of times, I pray your son continues to get well, sending you lots of love >:D<<'>

Hi

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Glad to see you back, what an ordeal for you all. :(

K xx

Edited by Kathryn

Pleased to hear he is on the road to recovery. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> must have been a terrible time for you all.

Take care

Brook >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

My DD spent 3 weeks in hospital a couple of years ago with a rare auto immune syndrome. I really feel for you - it was the worst experience of my life.

Glad you are both back home and things are on the up.

Nemesis

CQ my thoughts are with you and yours

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

not a happy christmas and new year for you all, but I hope that things get better real soon

HHxx

CQ you have really been through it >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and your son. Having a child in hospital is one of the toughest things to deal with. Wishing you a much better new year.

Crikey he's been through it a bit hasn't he, bet you and the family have too. Pleased to hear he is recovering >:D<<'> and I hop the rest of the family are ok too

Edited by lil_me

Good to see you back. We have all been think about you. Even though it will probably take sometimes for you all to recover at least you can do it in your home now.

>:D<<'> Carole

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't know how you cope with something like that :crying::crying:

Glad the crisis is over, and that things are improving all round.

Much :wub: , much respect :notworthy::notworthy: and very VERY best wishes

BD >:D<<'>

I did post a thread on this board too hun.

Glad he's home and hope he's rapidly recovering and that you are getting some much deserved rest >:D<<'>