Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

ITV Carers Survey.

ITV News Carers Survey

ITV News are launching a campaign, due to start at the beginning of February, to highlight carers' issues, and have created an online survey for carers to complete.

The campaign aims to promote the need for a Carers Tsar - either a minister or senior official - reporting to Cabinet level, who would be responsible for a joined-up approach to the multiple issues that affect the lives of carers.

They are planning a series of reports in February to highlight the astonishing work done by the UK's six million carers and to tackle some of the issues affecting them.

http://www.carers.org/news/itv-news-carers...vey,529,NW.html

I just filled it in three times :o Once for David - Once for Matthew and Once for my Mum :wacko:

Carole

LOL Brook.

I got stuck on the 'Good things about being a carer' question. I kinda Passed it and typed in the bad things. I honestly couldn't think of anything Good to say, just said it was emotionally and physically draining which is a bad point (which I emphasised).

In the good things I put 'Knowing my son is being looked after properly and not having to worry how he is like I would if someone else was taking care of him'

Hi,

I just filled it out and struggled on that question too. I put "Spending quality time with my son", which i supose i was comparing to parents who work full time and hardly see their kids.

Loulou x

My goodness! ITV doing something socially responsible and useful, for once! :blink: Shame about the other 99% of their programming. :shame:

James

Done.

I just put "looking after the one you love" for the good things bit.

I couldn't think of anything else :(

Is'nt it sad when you cant think of any good points of caring for your own child :crying:

Clare

Done - I think they ought to have space for clarification of responses tho. For example I do get a break about once a month but that's because my MIL has The Boy overnight every so often on a Saturday - not because I get any respite or owt.

I've also said that I have support, but I am referring to the websites that I post to and the marvellous people on them that help when I need it.

We must keep an eye out for when the resultant programme is aired!!

It was hard for me to fill in, as I am self employed and still a carer. As such, I do not qualify for carer's allowance, but still care for my son for the same amount of hours now as I did when I wasn't working. I fit my work in with my son's schedule. It's the only way for me. I may be able to claim CA next year, once I'm able to submit proper end of year accounts to the DWP. Now, however, they want to see some form of accounts and I can't give them any at the moment. Due to the complicated way they work, I cannot claim for now. Some of the questions were hard to answer due to this, as the only answers available did not apply to me, yet I had to pick one of them.

I JUST GET SO FED UP WITH PEOPLE DOING SURVEYS AND NOTHING EVER GETTING BETTER!!!!!!!

have filled it in >:D<<'>