Big Brother -  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Love it or loathe it?

• BB lover and proud
    • Secret BB watcher
    • Take it or leave it
    • I find it repugnant (or similar)
    • Big what? Isn't that George Orwell?

In honour of those of us who do have a life, a reasonably high IQ and are not ashamed to say we miss Big Brother!!!!

Go on - this vote will cost you nothing :dance:

Don't miss it - never watched it. :wacko:

Please tell me - what is the point of it? :huh: I tried one episode once for about five minutes and got bored waiting for something to happen. I was unable to identify with any of the people in it.

I'm not against the format, I've watched 3 or 4 series of I'm a Celebrity and enjoyed that - but that's got Ant and Dec and people who are at least famous for having done something vaguely interesting in a previous life. :P

Your poll didn't include the:

I would rather chew maggots while hanging upside down at the bottom of a damp well in the middle of November while being repeatedly stung by an angry and diseased tsetse fly and chastised with a very large, nail studded club

option.

Big brother - In my house we call it 'big steaming pile of mindnumbing ****'

No. I'm not very keen, thank you :lol::lol::lol::lol:;)

BD :D

I would rather chew maggots while hanging upside down at the bottom of a damp well in the middle of November while being repeatedly stung by an angry and diseased tsetse fly and chastised with a very large, nail studded club

:lol::lol::lol::lol::clap::clap:

Are you sure your real name isn't Richard Curtis??

i really miss it,i watched michael barrymore in bed for 2 hours once,im so sad i know,my house is a lot cleaner now its off though!

Big brother - In my house we call it 'big steaming pile of mindnumbing ****'

That's similar to what it was known as in my house..........so I used to watch it in another room :rolleyes: .

That's an unusual hobby! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: what made you take that up?

BB, well what can I say? sadly it is the highlight of my summer. And CBB is just as good. I end the summer with pasty white skin cos I never see the sun. :ph34r: It is the only bit of life I see other than my house. How sad am I? :P

In our house we have a ban on this kind of show and soaps. mY KIDS ARE bad enough without them seeing adults acting like plonkas. I hate the way people with little talent think they can act rude and horrible to people and get rewarded for it, its like watching paint dry>

No thanks!

I don't watch it as it has no interest for me.

However,I would like and watch it if they changed the format a little,and used cats instead of people.

Cats - now THAT would be worth watching. But wouldn't they all rip each other to pieces on the first day?

Wouldn't that be what Endermol[?] want? :D well actually...it's a good point......would it be possible with the right cats?

perhaps a couple of ferals to satisfy the publics' need for contreversy and fighting,cats who are obsessed with cleaning themselves,some lazy cats,some inexperienced kittens,some cats who pose for cameras at every opportunity,some catnip addicted cats[again,for contreversy],obese cats and hyper cats.

It'd be great if endermol would see the appeal in this,the prize could be something like a years supply of breath freshner and those Bob Martin bum wipes for lazy cats that Sainsburys sells [can't remember their correct name].

Perhaps a deal with one of those celebrity magazines as well.

I think a lot of people tend to be a bit snobby about BB. I was glued to celebrity one recently, I think the dynamics of peoples relationships and their recations to situations are fascinating and at times it's very very funny. My fave bit from most recent one was whgere George Galloway who was seething after some ridiculous row sat saying 'I am serene, I am totally serene', then Pete Burns added 'So am I, I'm totally serene' then George looked at him dismissively and said in that deep scottish voice..'Yes but you're on medication'. :lol::lol: Think you had to be there, but it still makes me chuckle now.

Luv Witsend.

I'm a bit of a people watcher.....love all that kind of thing.......I'm REALLY good at the 'Guess what Job/Hobby/Spouse that person has' game... :D:P ......BUT..........have to say, CBB was akin to chewing through my own arm.

I watched 15 minutes of it - the man-type-woman-type-ignorant-(insert expletive here) just annoyed the living daylights out of me :sick: .

Did watch the end bit though - Really pleased Barrymore got great big cheers :thumbs: - looks like he really needed 'em.

i watched michael barrymore in bed for 2 hours once,

Listen to yourself! :o

In the real world this is known as 'stalking' and is considered perverted :devil:

Nemo (not the world's greatest BB fan ;) )

Don't miss it - never watched it. :wacko:

Please tell me - what is the point of it? :huh: I tried one episode once for about five minutes and got bored waiting for something to happen. I was unable to identify with any of the people in it.

I'm not against the format, I've watched 3 or 4 series of I'm a Celebrity and enjoyed that - but that's got Ant and Dec and people who are at least famous for having done something vaguely interesting in a previous life. :P

Back in 2000, when it started, the point of it was a psychological one - to see how different types of people would interact with each other while in a confined space 24/7. Since then, its dramatic surge in popularity has led to it becoming more and more "tabloid" in nature, trying to be sensational and grab large ratings for Channel 4. :shame: It's now the biggest show of the year for the money-grabbing executives at C4, as advertisers will pay loads to have their ads shown during Big Brother. That's why each series is getting longer every year. :rolleyes:

Personally I prefer it with "ordinary" members of the public (and I have little doubt that that's why Chantelle won "Celebrity Big Brother" this year), as you're getting to know them from scratch, along with the rest of the viewing public. Although I can see the attraction of Celebrity Big Brother, as you're seeing celebrities (however far down the alphabet [e.g. "Z-list"] their celebrity may be) having to be themselves, as opposed to just putting on a show, and a fake persona, like they normally do in front of the TV cameras.

It's on too much now though. :shame: I'm sure I'd continue to enjoy it as much as I used to if I watched all of it, but sacrificing an hour a night for several weeks is too much for me. Maybe I'll watch the launch nights, the final nights, and/or the intermediate eviction nights, but that's usually as far as I'm prepared to go now.

Wouldn't that be what Endermol[?] want? :D well actually...it's a good point......would it be possible with the right cats?

perhaps a couple of ferals to satisfy the publics' need for contreversy and fighting,cats who are obsessed with cleaning themselves,some lazy cats,some inexperienced kittens,some cats who pose for cameras at every opportunity,some catnip addicted cats[again,for contreversy],obese cats and hyper cats.

It'd be great if endermol would see the appeal in this,the prize could be something like a years supply of breath freshner and those Bob Martin bum wipes for lazy cats that Sainsburys sells [can't remember their correct name].

Perhaps a deal with one of those celebrity magazines as well.

:lol: Hilarious post! Almost unnervingly realistic too! :blink:

i love BB and proud of it :D cant wait for it to start again in may,a whole 13 weeks of it!!

Yeah - 13 weeks / 4 months / a quarter of a year! :rolleyes: Too much, especially now the celebrity version is in full swing these days too. I'd be up for watching it if they restricted it to just the 2 months, like it used to be.

That's why I've voted "Take it or leave it" in this poll ...

James