Tylers-mum

For those parents seeking dx.

I have just found this whilst sorting out my 'favourites' list and I printed it off for the school once filled in and I completed one myself too.

It was this questionnaire and the end results that helped get my son referred for testing which eventually ended in dx.

Hope it's of help to some of you.

http://www.childbrain.com/pddassess.html

Couldn't resist giving it a go, although we have got dx.

Sure enough, son with AS scored 102, son with ASD scored 155. Oo, haven't checked third 'NT' one yet.

Ok, third one scored 47.

That's really interesting - worth a go if there's any suspicion. Glad it helped you, Tylers-mum.

Edited by BusyLizzie100

Ds1 came up with 203 and it might have been higher, because I wasn't sure how to mark him for the supermarket. He doesn't get upset, but he does like to walk straight through with the minimum amount of pausing and no turning back or veering off course and as soon as he sees the checkouts he goes and waits by them and doesn't understand I need other stuff. So it is stressful taking him if he's not in his buggy, but it could be a lot worse.

DS came up with 202 and he is un dx, oh but they accept that he has severe anxiety and OCD but caused by what...well they cant seem to put their finger on it :angry: hmmmm

Interesting :)

J scored 149 - would have been higher when he was younger but several things have settled down a bit recently :)

Com - 147, again it would have been higher when he was younger

Dot - 7, but it occurs to me that you just can't be that normal, can you? Interestingly she does have dyspraxia and dyslexia and I think her points were mainly for using inappropriate language because she muddles words sometimes.

Zemanski

95 for my as ds#1 (6) and 42 for ds#2 who's 2 (and who I alternate between worrying about and telling myself I'm neurotic!)

I answered quite cautiously for both and ds#1 would have scored higher when younger.

Logan got 154 but the language delay bit possibly lessened his score as I had to answer no to a lot of the questions because he's completely non-verbal.

He has been diagnosed autistic.

Lynne

Thank you Tylers-mum.....I did the test and Nick scored 169???? :blink:

We still are awaiting our appointment but it cant be longer......

Love,

SylvXXX

I found some of it was a bit restrictive - lol but I've studied the things too much :lol:

116 - which equals moderate - which I did know even if he's not diagnosed yet.

Thanks hun.

Lewis scored 165!

Thanks TM i'm pretty sure this will be helpful to anyone waiting a dx.

This was really helpful because it show you how it 'grade' the answers and what they mean....

daughter doesn't even acknowledge us when we come home, now I would have put her as mild as she can acknowledge us... she just chooses not to.. the test would have scored her as severe..

OHHHh I wish I had seen something like this earlier as it seems we have 'underscored' daughter is a lot of these questionaires from camhs.

she scored 108, and I think that was being kind... she's being assessed for aspergers tendencies

This was really realy good for us. J and I both did it seperately for B and his came back at 81 and mine at 70 which says she has mild pdd. I definately went for the mildest options when filling it in and it still came back saying that there is something and I'm really not making it up.

Also did it with R and she came back as 15 and we tried to over score her, if you see what I mean.

OT : B came home with a special award sticker yesterday for ' Being Brilliant! ' as in her words when Adam kicked her she didn't kick him back!!! :lol: We are really starting to crack this how to deal with things when people upset you at playtime bit :D

HI,

H scored 172 (severe PDD) but I found difficult to relate to the test I rather like test using sometimes frequently or always, may be I should do it accordingly, beside some issue have been solved it would have been even worst when H was 5 years old.

Malika.

Tried to do it using sometimes frequently and always for certain question and got 178 may be I should ask the teacher to do it and see the result...!!!