forbsay

Reading

My asd 5.5 year old son has started to read at school - I am so proud of him. He will be going onto his 3rd book soon - I never thought I'd see the day.................... He totally concentrates when he is looking at his book and words,

Forbsay :P

forbsay great news :thumbs: Having a 9 year old that still hasn't got to grips with reading I know how you must feel when it suddenly clicks. Well done to your son :clap:

Yay Hay.......

Well done your little one :groupwave::groupwave::groupwave:

and well done to you too for all the support he needs

I just love it when the secrets of reading are suddenly revealed to them .... a magic moment!

Hi Forbsay, thats just brilliant, I bet your so proud. Well done to your little one.

My Max also 5, is now reading, and its turned our world around, whenever he can't understand something, we just write it down, stick charts up everywhere, and write little books for him, its great.

Weve got nowhere with toilet training at all, then since he could read, we did some charts 1. pull down pants, etc etc and stuck it on the bathroom wall, and hey presto.

If he's worried about something, we just write it out, and he can quietly read it and it calms him down, it sort of distracts him away from his fear.

Keep up the good work with your little un

Jo

Thanks for all your kind words! When things click into place - it is just priceless!

I drew him a castle tonight and he replied "that is not a good castle" - i just looked at him in shock!

Forbsay

x

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Brilliant news.

My son can also read it came to him all at once least thats how it seamed to us.He told us it was his secret.

One problem he now can read graffitti and all the swear words !!!!!!!!!! And he also loves to read the Tv Quick and then fill me in on all whats going to happen in the soaps.Plus we could no longer con him and say theres nothing on tv of to bed coz he could read the mags.