bid

Referral...

Hi Guys!

Back in November, my 4 year old was assessed at the CDC, declared NT and discharged...

...on the other hand, his Paediatrician asked me if I thought I might have AS :o:ph34r::lol:

AND YESTERDAY I GOT A LETTER SAYING I'VE BEEN REFERRED!!!!!

OMG, OMG, OMG...I'm in such a tizzle!!

Originally, the Paed. suggested Elliot House, but having talked to her colleagues, has referred me instead to our local hospital :ph34r: Perhaps because this is cheaper and quicker?? (although in the letter it does say I can cancel and go back to the idea of Elliot House if I want).

So...watch this space! :ph34r::ph34r::o

Bid :bat:

Actually when I realised I was jumping up and down and flapping after I read the letter, I did :rolleyes::lol:

One of those 'There's no answer to that!' sort of posts, hen - 'cos while it's definitely major 'tizzle' territory it is also wonderful news in many respects. I'm sure the local referral was made because they know how long/drawn out/expensive (from a LA POV) Elliot house can be and they didn't want to leave you hanging in limbo. Let's hope it's a really speedy process now, and you can find some answers and reassurances...

L&P

BD >:D<<'> :D

Hope you get some answers soon.

>:D<<'> I hope you don't have to wait too long! >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, guys!

Daisy...for all of my life (well, probably from when I went to school, I think...) I believed I struggle with things because I was inadequate, dysfunctional and abnormal :(

But despite my son being diagnosed 10 years ago, and all of us realising my dad has AS too (diagnosed last summer), I didn't think I might really be on the spectrum too until about a year ago when things started to fall into place :rolleyes:

I should say that when I say I've struggled, this includes never having been able to cope with any kind of job that 'matches' my academic qualifications IYSWIM, mental health problems, and negative behaviour patterns that have had far-reaching consequences as far as relationships are concerned :(

I think girls and women largely present very differently to boys and men :unsure: I know I have 'internalised' my difficulties and pretended to be normal for all of my adult life, which is ultimately unsustainable...

Of course, if I don't get a dx of AS, I probably am inadequate and dysfunctional!! :lol::lol:;)

Bid...sorry if that's all a bit heavy, Daisy...I bet you wish you'd never asked now!! :lol:;)

Good luck Bid, hope you don't have long to wait :) I can understand about keeping things in. Sometimes I feel so stressed having to pretend that everything's ok :(

I agree with you bid I think girls and women present differently, I'm like you I internalise and therefore have alot of mental health probs but can pretend to be normal mask for short periods of time, it has actually become more difficult as i've got older with trying to help get support for my son eventuallu i had a breakdown, and withdrew completely which I feel terrible about.

I hope the dx goes ok, and mention that girls and woment present differently professor gillberg realises this and is in one of his books, might be useful to use, although maybe they get irritiated if you try and tell them, anyway hope it all goes ok That was why I waso keen to get dx because they were implying i was inadequate and didn't care about my son after my suicide attempt, it never occurs to these professioonals that there lack of understanding and incompetence were part of what took me to that place, althoug i know not everyone has had that lack of understanding, if i ever got it from one of these professionals it would make a difference because i would feel validated