tmf

What does your avatar mean to you?

Hello all

Thought i would ask something completely of topic, for a change!

How did you come to chose your avatar, does it have some sort of meaning???

Just being nosey really,

well mine is beacuse i really would like a labrador and i am not allowed until the credit card is paid of :whistle:

I try and drop hints by having piccies of dogs around! :pray: one day maybe....

Before this I had a karate girl avatar because me and the kids were going to karate (duh :P ). But we don't go now because the boys hated it so I've tried to be symbolic with the red tulips and the yellow one standing out representing being different. Also the flowers look nice :D I just found it on google images search, but would really prefer something more bespoke

Everybody who knows me knows that i love butterflies - i collect necklaces with them on and earrings too... so it was just by luck that i found a butterfly avatar...

If i was brave enough i would have butterfly tatoo... How do you change your avatar and where do you get the new ones from???

justamom

Hev

bespoke means custom built/specially made/made to order, basically unique to u.

There we go that can stop bugging you now! :P

Like your response call me jaded, very funny :lol:

Mine, courtesy of Littlenemo( :notworthy: ), is a pink winged stick insect - phasmid being the latin name for stickies :D . I like to think of him as shaking the corridors of power (other, less charitable souls believe it is doing 'other things' :o:whistle: ).

I am a reincarnation of Greta Garbo :P

I thought it was Alison Goldfrapp :lol::lol::lol:

I think i'm a 9/10ths reincarnation of Greta Garbo - I Vant A Loan...

Any offers? Phone ************* [Deleted by a mod with more than one brain cell - Have we got a new one then ;):lol::lol: ]

L&P

Fred the Garbo (Garbo is Aussie slang for the dustman, by the way - As in "What's that trail of cr*p going up your drive?" "Oh, I forgot to leave some Christmas tinnies out for the garbo")

Oh - and i HAVE a bespoke avatar - phone Nemo on **************** [That new mod again!]

Guest hallyscomet

Hi

My avatar represents feeling at peace, and relaxed.

One of my favourite things to do sipping a lovely glass of red with some yummy nibbles looking at the sunset.

Love sunsets, this one reminds me of Kuta Beach in Bali, as they have a western sunset. As we are on the east coast our sunset is over the land so very pretty with the trees and all.

This is also what the sunset looks like from the Headland at Barrenjoey Palm Beach.....love it.

My Avatar reminds me to relax.....and enjoy the simple things in life.....

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

<Two of my rats wedged in a large ferret tube:Ryo and Akira.

Edited by TuX

post deleted - cos im so useless at forum posting erm, ill get it - one day :fight:

Edited by pepper

Hi

My avatar represents feeling at peace, and relaxed.

One of my favourite things to do sipping a lovely glass of red with some yummy nibbles looking at the sunset

oh dear............i dont think they make an avy for me then :P:blink: cos i suppose id have to make it myself!

vodka ( thatll relax me) 3 litres avail with 4 gallons of cola.../ peace ( all the kids at camp) and husband posted to australia for 9 month.. / and chinese chippy next door! (free doggy bag) oh - and a chef/ cleaner/ nanny built in :wacko: um, maybe my dear darling mother off my back also........

oh - and 3 pints of water on bedside, and a decent lie in? isnt much to ask :whistle:

My avatar is an affectionate tribute to my LEA, who did their best last year to grind me into the dust. I received so many letters from them which caused stress: statutory assessments refused, statements refused.. etc, that the mere sight of the county logo made me feel sick wherever I saw it. So Nemo, bless him, changed my existing avatar to feature the animal which appears in the logo, repeatedly getting shot. :ph34r::devil:

It's worked. :) Every time I see the original on a letter or sign, I think of my avatar and feel like this :lol: instead of this :(:sick: .

Thanks again Nemo! :thumbs:

K x

Mines a vegetarian shark................just like me :D

redberry - my son S aged 8 AS told me that if I was reincarnated I would be a red berry in my next life!

Guest flutter

i made mine

with all my favourite things in it butterflys hearts and cats

ooh and the purply bits lol

Mine is a picture taken by J of the peacock at a local garden centre - he's potty about peacocks (amongst other things!) - I used to have a star but fancied a change ...

Mine is just to remind me that when i'm feeling p***** off slap on a bit of lippy, nice and bright to cheer me up! My mum is the same with bright red nails, thats how i know when shes down!

Mines the closest I could get to a Viper. Getting sick of looking at the damned thing now. Tried finding another one but couldn't work out how to get it from one site to this so I gave up.

If anyone fancies having a go at making/ finding another one I would be very honoured. NEMO!!!!! :notworthy::whistle:

Mines something vague, I got it from the smiley board. He's called George apparently.

Mother Eve! Did you design that new avatar yourself, I love it. :notworthy: I still use your star for my msn avatar :D

SV

Yes SV - you can have a go here - http://cooltext.com/

Works for text or there are some other fonts with things like the Simpsons etc.

You right click on the final image and save it to your computer.

Glad you are still enjoying the star!

couldn't work out how to get it from one site to this so I gave up.

Basically you have to upload the image onto a website and then paste the link into the signature bit in your controls in here. I use Flick'r to host my photos etc. - it's free and you can decide what level of copyright you want on your photos.

I just love winnie the pooh (all of the characters) - and my daughter picked this one for me (well actually did it for me - because I haven't got a clue).

Edited by jb1964

Here's a brief guide to getting your own design/photo as your avatar

http://firstclass.ultraversity.net/~eve.thirkle/avatars.html

Thanks Mother Eve, I've had a litle look at that, it looks like fun - not quite sure how to work it tho. I did manage to make a logo with text. I'll have another look tomorrow or even better get my son to play around with it.

SV :robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

ooops wrong quote but you know what i mean : )

Edited by something vague

The little footprints remind me of the mothering sunday card that the staff of the special care baby unit did for me with Henr's little footpints in when he was 6 days old.

Thanks mothereve, i will take a look at that now

Like your new one....it is very different from the last, any particular meaning??

No particular meaning - just playing around on one of the site in my information page and came up with a lopsided smiley ... says it all really! :P