Viper

Oh what a night!!!

Ben was perfectly well yesterday, he played Monopoly with dad and sisters before he went to bed and was a happy little boy. He woke at 11.30 crying. I tried to find out what was wrong but he just got angry. Eventually he said his tooth hurt. I gave him meds and he went back to sleep for a bit.

I went to bed at 2.30 (I don't do sleep) and just dozed off when Ben woke again. I gave him more meds but he didn't settle so I took him downstairs. We watched TV until 6am and heard the dawn chorus. Ben finally dropped off.

When hubby got up he rung the dentist but they said they couldn't see him until tomorrow. :wallbash: I rung the GP, nothing until tomorrow. :angry: So we went to casualty and sat for an hour until one of the nurses came over, seeing Ben was looking very ill (he was asleep on my lap) she took his temp, it was 38.8. At this point she told another nurse that he needed seeing immediately. We were taken to a room where it turned out that Bens eardrum was about to perforate. :oops:

The poor lamb had a really nasty ear infection and we caught it just in time (we hope) He was soooo brave, he hardly made a sound all night apart from when he threw up and was begging me to make it stop. :tearful: I never would have guessed he was that bad.

I am just sooo glad we didn't wait to see the GP or dentist. :pray:

Needless to say I am completely knackered and Ben is fast asleep. :rolleyes:

Oh poor little Ben >:D<<'> Hope you're ok viper. Good for you for going to A&E. Must have been hellishly painful for him. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Lauren

Hi,

Poor Ben, hope he's feeling a bit better and hope you get some sleep tonight :rolleyes: .

Kai can never tell me what's wrong when he's ill either. It's so hard to work out what's up. Luckily your intuition made you take him to A&E.

Loulou x

>:D<<'> Poor Ben >:D<<'>

Hope he's feeling better soon.............and hope you manage to catch up on some of your sleep tonight :blink: .

Annie

xx

Poor Ben, my daughter suffered terribly with ear infections/glue ear when she was younger.......I know how bad it is to see them suffer.A hot water bottle on the ear helps, I always used to give calpol and nurofen together, the nurofen helps with the swelling.Is he taking a course of anti-biotics??.........usually takes about 48 hrs for things to get better. My friends son had bad ears , over the years his ear drum perforated a number of times, as weird as it sounds it actually felt better afterwards as the pressure had gone.It heals itself again, but can damage the hearing if it happens a few times.Hope you get some sleep tonight, dose him up :D and prop his head up a bit on pillows.Suzex.

Viper & Ben >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope he feels better soon the poor little dot. >:D<<'>

And I hope he soon has a smile on his cute little face,

and I can vouch for him being cute because I've seen him. :wub:

Brook >:D<<'>

Thanks for all you good wishes. Ben is sooo much better today but is dosed up to the eyeballs with paracetamol and ibuprofen plus his antibiotics. :blink: When the meds start to wear off his temp goes sky high again and he starts to throw up. There always seems to be that overlap period when it's too soon to take more meds but the last lot is wearing off.

Brook, he is kinda cute isn't he, I thought it was just me who thought that? Our boys are both good looking little dudes aren't they, gonna break a few hearts one day.

You could try cutting the dose in half and giving it more often. That way, by the time the first half-dose wears off, the 2nd half-dose will still be working.

I hope he's feeling better soon. Ear infections are horrible, and sometimes it's hard to tell where the pain is coming from.

Guest hallyscomet

Viper you must be exhausted, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> hope Ben is better soon.

Love

H.