Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Sons' school are requesting a statement!

Whoooo-Hooooo!

'Scuse me while i do a little victory dance! :dance:

It's been an on-again, off-again saga for far too long - every excuse in the book has been thrown at me.

I finally decided to put in the request myself (with school and EP both saying 'no' to it - i wasn't holding my breath......) and then we found out we have to move...... :( Another spanner in the works - i live right on the borders of two counties......soooooooo, until i know which LEA we'll be living in.......... it had once again ground to a hault.

Anyhow - Head asked to meet with me this morning - to tell me they are putting in a request... :D ...... FINALLY!!!

Now, should i just go ahead and send in my request and info - or do i need to wait and see which LEA we end up in............... :unsure:

Fingers, toes and everything crossed... :pray:

What wonderful news!

I would start the ball rolling. IPSEA's advice is to put in a parental request even if the school say they will do it. I've known cases where they say they will make the request and nothing happens or the application gets lost.

If you then move, the other LEA will hopefully to take over at whatever stage you are at. As your move could be to a neighbouring authority, it should be easy.

Everything is still crossed. :D

Nellie xx

Smiley - that is fantastic - but I concur with the others - put in a request yourself as well -

PM me which LEA you are going to - hopefully not anywhere near "the Alder Hills Gang" - cos me and Darky - we don't rate the LEA there :lol:

HelenL

Smiley, that is great news!

I would suggest to get the ball rolling. and to put in your own request regardless of whether or not the school have put in a request for a statement.

Good Luck!

fiorelli

xx