Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

World Cup Fever At Our House

Hi,

World Cup fever is overtaking our house mixed with doom and gloom over Rooney's injury. Lots of discussion of who's going to win..... but for tonight I've got a reprieve of sorts.......everyone is quiet watching the Middlesbrough match... :D I should say "come on the boro"...they are our local team :D:D I do become oddly patriotic though when England play, and I'm the same with the Eurovision :lol::lol:

Now.....just got to try and look interested when the pundits come on :rolleyes:

Totally football-free household here :clap::P

Though Com would be interested if told that in an infinite universe, England would have to win infinitely often. He would also point out, with glee, that they will lose infinitely badly infinitely often too! :lol:

And if the World Cup makes people patriotic, I'll be Burmese for the summer :P (I was for a few years, according to the Passport Office :huh::wacko: )

Edited by littlenemo

Hubby footie mad so yep the FA cup finial will be on in our house so will the world cup. Me I be bending the plastic well if he isn't coming to supervise then the skys the limit!!!!! LOL

Char not interseted he just want's to know which team his dad plays for bless him he still doen't understand his dad just plays on a wednwsday for a mess about with the lads.Sorry that should be for a serious game !!!!!

Lisa x

Have to admit big footie fans in our house - watched the boro game tonight and really rooted for them to win.

Although the big one for us is Saturday - hubbie's nipping down to Cardiff to watch it - he couldn't get a ticket (tried everywhere some agencies were asking for ?2k!!!!) but will soak up the atmosphere and watch in one of the pubs down there (he managed to get tickets when they had the play-offs the past two years and said the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic) - wish I was going with him but someone has to look after the little ones....

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!

Jb

We're both football fans in our house but we're Boro and Brazil through and through when it comes to football (forget England, we like to watch proper football with flair, skill...)

As for last night's Eufa cup final, you can ignore what they're saying on Breakfast News (pah) - 4-0 was in no way reflective of the match and Boro should have had a penalty in the 75 minute (after that they seemed to know that it just wasn't going to be their night and bang, bang, bang, three more goals) :crying:

We're both football fans in our house but we're Boro and Brazil through and through when it comes to football (forget England, we like to watch proper football with flair, skill...)

Yes that's why we follow West Ham :D

As for last night's Eufa cup final, you can ignore what they're saying on Breakfast News (pah) - 4-0 was in no way reflective of the match and Boro should have had a penalty in the 75 minute (after that they seemed to know that it just wasn't going to be their night and bang, bang, bang, three more goals) :crying:

That header was damn nasty and right in front of the ref's eyes (no excuse at all) - our friend was out there watching it (he's a boro fan!!). :crying:

Jb

The first match is 9th June - Germany vs Costa Rica.

The first England match is 10th June vs Paraguay.

You could say I am a football supporter, but really I don't know a great deal about footie, otherwise I wouldn't support our local club!! CFC (that's the REAL CFC, not Chelsea :lol: - Chesterfield!!!)

Flutter - I'm afraid Scotland didn't make it, :( so you don't have to be divided.

OK, now you're all going to despair of me because I didn't even know there was a world cup going on. I thought everyone was flying them late for St George's day! :lol::lol:

I bet they'll do a roaring trade in Barking and Dagenham!

Edited by DaisyProudfoot