Sign in to follow this  
mossgrove

J's first school trip.

Our two eldest boys J(8, Aspergers) and H(6, ASD) both attend the same special school.

J went on his first ever school trip last night to a local activity centre along with the rest of his year.

He was very nervous about itas he had never stayed away from us before.

We had given him the option of coming home if it got too much. At around 9.00 last night his teacher rang to say he had hs pyjamas on and was reading in bed, but he wanted the teacher to ring up and check H was Ok without him, and if he was, he would stay! :wub::wub:

We're really proud of him!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Simon,

How sweet is that :wub::wub::tearful::wub:

Well done to him, and well done to you to, it must have been a little nailbiting. :D

Brook :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by Brook

Its not a easy time having your kids go away on a school trip it's a major event and we cant help but worry, even if they are in good hands but i bet they are having a ball!!

I would also be very proud of him too its a wonderful acheivement for J!!! Well done

I bet you missed the little fella like mad did,nt ya :( .SOOOOOOOOOOO so pleased he managed o.k. what a big moment for him >:D<<'> Suzex.

That's lovely, Simon :D and well done to your lad :thumbs:

It's nail-biting, isn't it?? :wacko:

On Sunday, Auriel has decided he's going to stay with a school friend for a few days, and that he's going on his own by train (2 changes)!! :o:ph34r:

Keep your fingers crossed, guys! :pray:

Bid :)

Edited by bid

Well done to your son, Simon, I hope the rest of his trip went well! :thumbs:

And I hope Auriel's trip goes smoothly, Bid ! :pray:

K x

Our AS son year 7 is going camping with school on weds for 2 nights.Never been away from us before.Senco says if 1st night bad can come home on 2nd eve.it was the only way to get him to agree go,they think it will do him good ,more independence!!.In tent with 2 other special needs boys and male Lsa in tent next door-Lsa who helps in some lessons will be there too.I'm really scared!!

Let you know how it goes-think positive .