hev

having my eyes done

im really going to be brave and ive got an appt at hospital this thursday,mum coming with me,im scared!!this will be 3rd time ive attempted it,last time the day before i got a call to say someone needed the corneas before me,the other 2 times have been my fault,ive got to have cornea transplants,i forgot what the condition called,kerr soething :wacko:

thursday is just eye drops i think,i want to be brave but im scared,i would love to see properly though

im really going to be brave and ive got an appt at hospital this thursday,mum coming with me,im scared!!this will be 3rd time ive attempted it,last time the day before i got a call to say someone needed the corneas before me,the other 2 times have been my fault,ive got to have cornea transplants,i forgot what the condition called,kerr soething :wacko:

thursday is just eye drops i think,i want to be brave but im scared,i would love to see properly though

Phew! Brave's the word, hen... BUT completely, utterly 'gotta be done' sort of brave... >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Very very best with it...

What times the appointment: I'll gladly keep everything crossed for the duration, but as that's quite painful ( :wacko: ) i'd like to know when it'll be safe to stop!

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

Aw hev hun - you can do it. I know it'll make such a difference to your life. >:D<<'>

I'm here if you need me >:D<<'>

Ps; You never know.........your consultant could be drop-dead-gorgeous :o:wub::lol:

Hi Hev

Sounds like you have Keratoconus. Both my sister and I have it. My sister has had 2 cornea transplants. Are you getting your op done in East Grinstead by any chance? Going from my sister's experience I won't lie and say that you'll not feel a thing etc. She did have discomfort but the main thing to remember is that it doesn't last and take the painkillers!!! These surgeons are very clever people and know exactly what they're doing. The success rate is high ? basically the choice is for your sight to continue to deterioriate or have the operation and hopefully gain much better sight. Be brave and go for it. Best wishes. Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Caroline.

Hi Smilymab/Hev

If it's East Grinstead you're going to yup the consultant is gorgeous!!!

C.

Hi

Dunno what the consultant looks like after the op though!

Guess Hev will just need to find out for us!

C.

Hev >:D<<'>

I did not think that David would cope with his KC but he is busy astounding me.

Have you ever tried joining this forum http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/forum/ it's just like here only it's all about eyes the expert advice is the same though :thumbs: nThey have been brill with me about David. At least you will have someone to talk to if you decide to join.

Oracle

oh you lot are nice!!thanks for that link carole,im gonna join that,appt is 2.45 baddad so i expect EVERYTHING crossed till at least 4pm :lol:

hope the consultant is dishy,im not going to east grinstead this time,darenth valley

my nick reckons ive never seen properly what he looks like so when i get my eyes done i will see how ugly he really is and finish with him :lol::lol:

i wish i could have em done by the herne bay meet then i could see baddad in his full handsome glory :notworthy::lol:

:D:D:D:D

Hey hev im meant ot wear glasses me for seing stuff in the distance but like you i prefer to view me husband in a blured light :lol::lol: somethings are better outta focus.