Stephanie

Obsessed with Favourite Colour

Do any of your kids have obsessions with colours?

My sons favourite colour is blue .. everything has to be blue "because that's my favourite colour". No one else is allowed to even like blue.

Also he has an 18 month old brother and has decided that his brother doesn't like orange ... he is not allowed to wear orange, go near anything orange or eat off an orange plate!

I am sure this will be quite short lived, most of his obsessions are.

Hi Stephanie,

my sons favourite colour is also blue, he HAS to have the 'blue' cup, plate etc..

and gets very distressed if he cant.

He told his little brother that his favourite colour was to be 'green' and he must have

everything that's green!

Dont know how long this will take to pass, he has done it for a couple of years, but

we are working on his flexibility of thinking, he even drank from the ORANGE cup at

school!! :dance:

Brook :D

C's favourite used to be green -- he hated the red uniforms at school! -- and is now a fairly specific shade of light blue, which I am supposed to be repainting his walls now he no longer shares with his (yellow-favouring) little brother.

I find if he chooses his own (blue) clothes from catalogues, he wears them! Could have saved a lot of wrong guesses if I'd realised earlier. Anyone know a good secondary school with soothing pale blue uniforms??

Another one for blue here!! Blue cup, plate, clothes, chair. His football team plays in maroon but thats ok he just lives in the training jacket which is.....BLUE!!!!

What is it about blue????

Carrie

Same with our dd. Colours play a huge part of our lives...plates, cups, clothes, even things like yoghurt pots etc. It was blue for a long while, then it changed to orange, and then pink (she wanted all her clothes in pink).....tonight she has decided that she can't wear pink anymore :rolleyes:

my two boys on obsessed with blue big time one red, d has to have blue bed,cup,clothes our household are liverpool fans and i even had to buy my son a blue everton and england kit . we are getting a new car soon one wants blue one red so well have to find a green i think. interesting to see how popular blue is.

My son had a thing about pink for ages, even down to only eating pink crisps (prawn cocktail). If it was pink, he would have it, play with it, use it. He says he doesnt like pink now coz someone has told him girls like pink.

Strange that most fave colours seem to be blue, our DS hates the colour blue, which is rather unfortunate as his new school uniform colour is BLUE :huh: . Blue jumper and light blue shirt, but we send him in a white shirt, ( don't think they'll expel him for that???) :pray:

Edited by Siadwell

Blue here too with orange as official 'second favourite'.

We have a blue school uniform (pale blue shirt and royal blue jumper) but as he doesn't like his school it doesn't help much!

S's favourite colour is green it has been for a few years since his thunderbird obsession as he loved TB2. He won't eat anything green however along with most other food substances whatever their colour. He wants a green car if/when we ever get another one. I've loads a green paint waiting for me to get arouind to splashing them on the living room walls though it already is green but very brown tatty tinged. (DIY ugh :()

He always talks about green alot but we've not got to a point where he needs all clothes or cups etc that colour though he does have his favorites which are usually green or blue actually except the jacket I specifically bought because it was green and he said he wanted his old brown one ---there just aint no pleasing some folks lol

Lorraine

PS S is moaning at me for not putting his 2nd n 3rd favourites in so here goes- 2nd blue and 3rd red. Don't ask what he's still doing up at this time grrrh - he's having a fit o giggles now lol

Edited by bramblebrae

He's totally gone off it now ... see, told you it would be another one of his phases! On to the next one then ....

LOL My NT son used to always have to have 'the yellow one'. Drove me insane because it went on for about a year.

Told you he would be on to the next fad .. he's back on to being fanatical about the Red Hot Chili Peppers again ... I can live with that, we all share a like for them .. unlike the colour blue!

Kids!

We had this with yellow and he would attack anyone else trying to use the yellow.

Hi,

My son's (aged 8 AS) favourite colour is also blue. He detests the coulour red and one day went through the whole of his room throwing anything with the colour red outside his door. It was a funny sight. He does get very distressed if anything red is near him and I have to make sure his drinks are not served in a red cup or else my life is not worth living.

I think he finds blue a calming colour as well as green. Red is literally like a red rag to a bull!!

Michelle :D

Yes we had blue aswell, to the extent I had to buy blue food colouring, but it also came with triangles, everything had to be blue & triangles whenever possible.

Youngest (NT?) is green :huh:

Edited by lil_me

It's always been red for L, for as long as I can remember.

She was the only child to start school in red shoes instead of the regulation brown. :rolleyes:

K x

Funny the whole blue and green thing.

Had to laugh about the red toys being thrown out of the room because I had gone through that with my son .. he had gone through all of his brothers clothes and toys and if they had orange on, he put them in a pile and said "these are for the charity shop now".

I had a lilac dress on the other day and he said "Mummy you look like a Heffalump" so that IS going to the charity shop now. Ha ha ... !

Do any of your kids have obsessions with colours?

My sons favourite colour is blue .. everything has to be blue "because that's my favourite colour". No one else is allowed to even like blue.

Also he has an 18 month old brother and has decided that his brother doesn't like orange ... he is not allowed to wear orange, go near anything orange or eat off an orange plate!

I am sure this will be quite short lived, most of his obsessions are.

I have AS my colour was green. My advice is as a parent use it to your advantage. The colour of his or her choice will provide comfort to them and so in their time of need provide them with the necessary goods with this colour. I went to a school with children who have AS and all of us went through this stage don't worry

proud2bdiff - Always nice to hear it from a person with a spectrum disorder diagnosis's view, it gives us parents a little more insight into how we can help, thank you