Sign in to follow this  
phasmid

What a week...

The start of the school holidays...and things just had to wrong! :(

It started with more tests on my kidney to find out what the heck is going on with that and just kept going downhill from there. I have a lovely set of bruises on my arm and left hand where they (eventually) put the dye in. Having been pulled about I spent the next few hours in agony as a result. So, that was Monday.

Tuesday I almost (only almost) had a pain free day and managed to get out and buy new shirt, tie and shoes for my interview on Thursday. By the evening the throbbing in my back was back...oh yes!

Wednesday went painfully slowly, but Wednesday night was oh so much fun. I went to bed (with my back throbbing just nicely - pain was on about gas Mk 2) and woke up about two hours later with violent stomach cramps which kept me up and down all night (Gas Mk 12!!).

By Thursday morning the cramp had just turned into one long continuous pain that hurt like crazy no matter how I sat, stood, or laid down. I even ended up crawling around at one point I hurt so much. I went for my interview in doubled up agony, stuffed it up and didn't get it (couldn't blame them either). Then it just got better. Mrs P went out to do somebody a favour and coming back found a pot hole in the green just alongside the house, result: a trip to casualty, x-rays and the issuing of a pair of crutches. and pressure bandage and a whole host of tendons and ligaments she didn't know she had joining the ones I had singing the hallelujah chorus..meanwhile yours truly just feels worse by the minute.

Friday (aka - pain central) by Friday I needed help. Mrs P is in huge amounts of pain and I am getting worse. persuaded the gp's receptionist I really did NEED to see him...that led to probing and poking causing yet more pain...and ultimately an injection of painkillers which helped long enough to hit the supermarket to get the last few things for the holiday all the little phaslet's were due to leave for today.

Saturday...oh boy!

Kidney pain, stomach cramps and then getting out of bed...siatica down my left leg for me - there were some bits that didn't hurt (I think). Crutches and ongoing pain for Mrs P. So the trip to the bank was not fun, nor was packing the car.

Sunday...well it's been fun so far a two hour return trip to the pick up point for the phaslets trip was, well...,an experience! But getting out of the car and getting back in doors is something I won't forget in any kind of hurry :sick:

So all the plans we had for our first week without kids in 17 years have packed their bags and left. We'll be spending the next few weeks waiting for test results and the invention of a painkiller that does exactlty what it says on the box...as so far none of them have killed the pain....more like the pain has killed us!

Somebody tell me which god, religion, consultant to prey to and I'm there!!! ( with Mrs P following at hobble speed shortly after me...)

Aaawww Phas you two don't deserve all this hassle. Two of the nicest people anyone could wish to know (albeit in cyberspace) It only happens to good people.

I have found the only thing that relieves the pain in my arms is (on second thoughts I'll PM you)

I really hope you find relief at some point. In the mean time take it easy. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sorry to hear about your problems. Especially when you've got the place to yourself for a week.

All your plans for "strenuous activity" gone out the window as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the peace and quiet.

Keyholekate

oh you poor old things,you sound like youve got a sense of humour though so that will get you through it!!

ive been meaning to ask this,youve probably already said it but where are the little phas kids this week?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Phas you could try this Cosmic thingy that Noel Edmonds is into. It's all about positive thought - have thought about it myself but I am far too negative for it to work :crying:

Oracle

Thanks folks, as you say Jaded what timing! This was likely to be a one-off chance, I don't see it happening again - we're gutted. At least the phaslets are getting their holiday still. I'm already wincing over the thought of the trip back to pick them up next Saturday :( After this mornings forced drive I have been in agony so will try a nice hot bath...once I figure out how to get there...

Tell you what though it is very, very spooky here. Maison Phas has never been this quiet :o

Does this mean we wont be seeing you at the Bay then?

SORRY NO CAN DO :crying:

was really looking forward to meeting uo with you all, lets face it, this place is like an extended family, we have disagreements,we make up, we support, we advise and most importantly we don't take ourselves too seriously[most of the time] and have a laugh with others in the same boat. WE were really looking forward to actually meeting some of whom we consider to be our cyber-extended family :tearful::tearful::tearful:

ENJOY YOURSELVES WE'LL BE THINKING OF YOU

:wub:>:D<<'> [REALLY :tearful::tearful::crying::crying: ]

Guest flutter

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

will miss u at bay,

have u tried tens for back pain? i had one for endo, and now have to use it for my coxccic pain wheneva in the car. it is ###### brill,

rest well, take all pks given in the corect order, at right times, cos if not in system properly pain can take worse hold ( i know they not seem to help but they may be doin something)

Oh no, what a shame. I was really looking forward to shaking your hands and putting a face to the names of the most helpful people in cyberspace. :notworthy:

You will be missed, the day wont be the same without you both. :tearful:

Thanks, I think the drive this morning was pushing things to far. I did ok till I had to get out of the car this end. Pain was like a thunderbolt and now its horrendous. I don't see it getting better for Wednesday...

Nothing heard from phas jr but phaslets 2,3 and 4 have phoned to say they are there and 'it's ok.' Bless 'em. They all asked if mum was ok - not a word about dad!

Hi Phases. Sorry you're both suffering so much, and that you're missing your break. Hopefully there will be other opportunities.

TENS is a tricky one for variable pain. I used it for giving birth and it was fabulous, but when I tried it again for ME pain it was no good at all - too many possibles for where to place the pads because the pain wasn't in any one specific place but all over the place. Excellent for backs though, and you can get them on hire from pain clinics.

How about acupuncture?

Keep smiling, if you can.

Karen

x

Thinking of you both >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I can not beieve you are still posting helpful info whilst both having a tough time and have a chance of a break-what would we do without you both.Regards Karen.

Mrs P sorry you aren't well rest as much as you can and I hope you are better soon.Mr P hell you are having a right time of it the Siatica I can understand I have had it since Jan this year and it won't let up on bad days it is hurrendous on good days it's bad.The other stuff as well must be making you feel like C**p I hope the test result get you sorted out and back on the mend soon.

Love to you both

Lisa x

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Mr & Mrs P

Look on the bright side, you will really have to spend time together now, sorry your both in pain though, try and sit back and have a good laugh, life is like that.

There is always internet shopping, put your feet up and let them do the work. :devil:

Hope your both feeling better soon. >:D<<'>

H. B)

I had to call my gp out this afternoon...the pains just got worse till my left leg was in total spasm. He thinks I have a trapped nerve possibly caused by a slipped disc (they call it something else now - means the same thing). More tablets to take and hospital if it gets worse :crying:

Seems like you are not having a very good week at all Phas!!

I do hope the pain disappears with the tabs but do not wait it out if they dont kick in go to the hospital!!!

Guest hallyscomet

Oooh that hurts,

I had that same problem earlier in the year the pain killers do take a bit of time to kick in, and these things do heal in their own time.

Hopefully you wont need hospital,

Thinking of you and Mrs P. >:D<<'>

H.

OMG just read what has happened regarding you as a Moderator :( Phasmid, stress is doing this, remember some of the issues I had earlier in the year, well 'stress' was the culprit, since I saw the doctor and found these things out I have changed my lifestyle dramatically and my back has improved.

You need to put yourself and your health first Phasmid your body is screaming out for attention like mine was.

Remember that poem about 'why geese fly in V formation'

Here it is

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...43&hl=geese

All the best to you and Mrs P, you both deserve it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Love

Hailey :thumbs:

Edited by hallyscomet