Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

T was diagnosed ADHD today.

Just letting you all know that once again, I have proved those docs wrong! After 4 and a half years of fighting, he was finally dx with ADHD today and put on meds. (Atomoxetine)

Soz this is brief but been one of those days today so I'm off to have an early night.

Hope all is well with everyone.

~TM

Edited by Tylers-mum

It's good you have had it confirmed now.

TM

You have been through more in the past few years than I could possibly imagine, but you are still there and still fighting.

Well done for getting the diagnosis. Take some time to yourself, it's not easy even when you fought for it and expected it.

We're here when you need us.

Simon

well at least now you have a diagnosis, you will be able to help your son more, knowing what his difficulties are. adhd is a very tough thing to live with, but with the right treatment these kids do very well indeed :)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Good news on the dx TM

Strange thing to say really that news such as that can be good :blink: Take time to let it sink in and you know where we are when you need us :)

At least you can move forward now

Hi. Well done but as the others say it can really hit you even if you were expecting it. Take time for yourself after the battle. Unfortunately the dx is just the beginning - but its worth it as you see them mature and realise that without the dx and without the right help and education they will have a v difficult life. Have you read the book by Ben Pollis- i find it cheers me up. Take care

tm

Sorry I'm late to this thread. I hope you're ok. I know the dx isn't totally unexpected and I'm glad for you that your concerns have been taken seriously, but you must feel a bit strange all the same.

Take care hun

Flora >:D<<'>