TheNeil

Now THAT Looks Like An Interesting Book...

This certainly seems like a good book, especially for those dx as an adult.

I am trying to find one that is wrote by a parent of a child with AS to understand/be able to deal with my own ds....any ideas/recommendations???

Ahem, it's my book :whistle:

I can try writing the book that you want but, as I don't have kids, I'd probably have to be 'inventive' :devil:

TN.... I want a signed copy!!!!! :dance:

Well done you.... how on earth did you organise yourself???? :lol:

Wonder if all us aspies on here should do a group effort.... ??

Flora :D

TN.... I want a signed copy!!!!! :dance:

Well done you.... how on earth did you organise yourself???? :lol:

Wonder if all us aspies on here should do a group effort.... ??

Flora :D

I can do signed copies...for a small fee of course :devil:

Now that you mention a group effort, I do have a project in my head that I've been meaning to post about...watch this space :ph34r:

Well done TN, I wonder how many embarrassing anecdotes you will live to regret once we all start reading the book :lol:

I shall order my copy as soon as I have that much money in my account, I overspent slightly at the weekend :crying:

Now I gotta go look at my new trainers and convince myself it was worth it!! :lol:

Emily

xxx

Can you do them direct? Just wondering if you'd get more from it that way. If so any chance you could bring one upto Newcastle. I'd rather see the artist profit than a load of other companies. As for books by younger people have you tried:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Freaks-Geeks-Asper...8979&sr=8-7

I understand it is a very good read. Certainly the book by his mum is (Multicoloured Mayhem). Lent the above one to one of the teachers at my school who is enjoying it. Lent it before I even read it myself though. :)

well i suppose i could always get a copy to keep in the bathroom....... :lol:

oo you will be too busy to come on here soon!!

well done tho and if you want to borrow el so you can write your second book just give me a shout!! honest she wont be any more trouble than the GPs...... :whistle:

well done tho and if you want to borrow el so you can write your second book just give me a shout!! honest she wont be any more trouble than the GPs...... :whistle:

Will she live in a small hutch and squeak when I give her green beans? :lol:

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Neil I am so impressed, I will certainly be getting a copy, you are a man of many talents :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

here's to making it on the best sellers list !

Clare x

Neil,

I've just read the intro and I'm hooked, well done :notworthy::notworthy: Are we going to have a reading by the author himself at the Newcastle meet up or are you going to do a signing session in Waterstones?

Is there a chapter entitled 'Cliff and me' or was that one editted out?

SV

PS promise me you'll never go on Celebrity Big Brother!!! :o

Is that why were meeting at Waterstones. It is for a signing is it. ;):D

Congrats on getting this published.

Oh I was in Newcastle at the weekend and I was right there are two Waterstones. It is opposite the exit from the Central Arcade though not Monument Mall. That was me getting shopping bits mixed up. I reminded myself why I never like driving (or been driven) to Newcastle too. Argh I hate the one way system. The shop I was actually there for had shut too. Still managed to find what I was after though.

Neil,

I've just read the intro and I'm hooked, well done :notworthy::notworthy: Are we going to have a reading by the author himself at the Newcastle meet up or are you going to do a signing session in Waterstones?

Is there a chapter entitled 'Cliff and me' or was that one editted out?

SV

PS promise me you'll never go on Celebrity Big Brother!!! :o

No Cliff came along just that little bit too late so I'm saving him for the sequel: Wired-Up Right :thumbs:

I will do book signings in Newcastle but no photos, no paparazzi and no z-list celebs please :lol:

I will do book signings in Newcastle but no photos, no paparazzi and no z-list celebs please :lol:

Now Neil, you know I get all twitchy and HAVE to take photos after the second half of cider so just smile sweetly and it'll be over in a flash :lol:

SV

Now Neil, you know I get all twitchy and HAVE to take photos after the second half of cider so just smile sweetly and it'll be over in a flash :lol:

SV

I'll have to check with my agent...

<Checks with agent>

Mrs Wills says that it should be OK :lol:

Neil, I am going to buy and read it straightaway. It will add to my -rather big- collection of Aspie and ASD writings. Well done! :thumbs:

(I'm jealous now, I want to be published too... :D )

Martina

Is it available anywhere in the UK?

Very impressed with you, my man!

Karen

x

Not in the shops as it's a print-to-order book and, at the moment it's only available from the publisher's site as it takes a few weeks for it to get onto Amazon and co. UK orders do get printed in the UK though and not shipped across from the US. Seems to take about 9 days from ordering a copy to having it delivered which isn't too bad I thought

Decided to order a copy. Obviously the idea of you publishing this now is so that all new people meeting you in Newcastle have to have a copy for you to talk to them. Am I right? ;) I expect I'll bring my copy in anycase. :)

Hi Neil,

I've just ordered your book so you'll sell at least one copy :P Looking forward to reading it :D

So thats 3 drinks you owe me............one for celebrating your new job..........whichever one it turns out to be...........one for me buying your book and............ one for my birthday :P

SV

My copy just arrived. A bit worried at the moment. By my understanding of the first page of the intro this book is going to be everything I ever wanted. Something tells me this is going to be an interesting read. I'll see if I can give you a review once I've read it. (That might mean I need to make notes I guess.) Certainly seems to be on a nice quality paper in anycase. At least I have a picture (all be it one that I'll need to find some very interesting sort of lens or mirror to make look normal) to try and spot someone by when it comes to meeting you in Newcastle. Unless your bringing the guinea pigs, I might just about recognise them. Otherwise I'll just have to wave the copy of your book around and look totally lost. :D

Ohhh, TN, can I have a signed copy perleasssseeeee? :pray:

Then when I sell my brick and tell story I'll have proof I do REALLY know you :thumbs:

I hope you've been very kind about your home town TN :shame:

Mine arrived today :)

I'm collecting a good pile of books to be read for my holiday in April, so I'm trying not to read too much until then. Hopefully I can save it until then.

Ohhh, TN, can I have a signed copy perleasssseeeee? :pray:

Well....alright but you'll have to wait until Newcastle or the next time I'm up your way. As it's you though I won't charge my usual fee (I'll double it :devil:)

I hope you've been very kind about your home town TN :shame:

Erm...nice...ish :whistle:

Wow, TN, I clicked on this tread the other day and I had no idea it was YOUR book, I just didn't connect the dots, how dumb am I??!! :lol::lol:

Excellent work mate, outstanding!! :D:dance:>:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Well....alright but you'll have to wait until Newcastle or the next time I'm up your way. As it's you though I won't charge my usual fee (I'll double it :devil

Erm...nice...ish :whistle:

Ta very muchly....can I pay in lemon tops?

Edited by Bagpuss