bid

Southern Meet...

My tortoiseshell beard? They're not grey bits - they're bits that get dyed by my whitening toothpaste! (dribble terribly!)

BARD - there was a prize for the first person who came up with Male Pattern Baldness (or variation thereof)... The Colin Hunt badge of excellence! I'll pass it on at the meet up (if i remember to download a piccie of CH and Ben has some spare blanks for his Badge It) :thumbs:

:devil:;)

How embarrassing!

A badge for a predicatable and mundane response. :tearful:

Who is Colin Hunt?

Just googled to find him.

Colin Hunt

Next time you find yourself quoting The Fast Show, think on. Colin Hunt, office joker, is a reference to all the people in offices all around the country repeating catchphrases they heard on the TV the night before.

Colin considers himself a wit and an entertainer, but in truth the only person who enjoys his endless, stream-of-consciousness inanity is his rather limp colleague, Doreen.

Colin met his match in fellow office joker, Keith. After trying to out-banter each other, Keith departed to Colin's despairing words, 'Lord spare us from office jokers.'

I'll bring my tweezers to the meet, prepare to meet your feminine side Baddad.

Just googled to find him.

Colin Hunt

Next time you find yourself quoting The Fast Show, think on. Colin Hunt, office joker, is a reference to all the people in offices all around the country repeating catchphrases they heard on the TV the night before.

Colin considers himself a wit and an entertainer, but in truth the only person who enjoys his endless, stream-of-consciousness inanity is his rather limp colleague, Doreen.

Colin met his match in fellow office joker, Keith. After trying to out-banter each other, Keith departed to Colin's despairing words, 'Lord spare us from office jokers.'

I'll bring my tweezers to the meet, prepare to meet your feminine side Baddad.

Oh I feel awful now! you've made it sound so negative... :(

If you look at the above it's fairly obvious that 'Colin'/'Baddad' go together like...... erm.... a horse and cliche... or a colin and doreeen......

Hope I haven't offended (?) :oops::unsure: , and just to show how predictable I can be... you'd better bring your magnifying glass along with those tweezers! :D

L&P& heartfelt apologies if necessary

BD :D

No apologies necessary you daft Munchkin!

It'd take a lot more than that to lose my admiration for your considered and sensitive advice on other threads, and your wonderful insanity on this one!

I really didn't know who Colin Hunt was, don't watch much TV.

Ok, bringing this back up again because I was thinking about it today as I got soaked in the pouring rain. Do we have a wet weather plan - anyone any suggestions? I'll have a think but I've got a lot going on at the moment and could do with someone else just making a decision and saying 'right, we're doing this if it rains . . .'

Also did we agree on a time/times? I really don't mind and I do understand that I think nearly everyone is coming further than me so I need to be the adaptable one, but again if someone can make a firm decision it would really help me at the moment and take one of my (many) worries away.

And (see, I've been thinking/worrying about this alot) do we have some method other than the pink hat suggestion to recognise each other. I'm quite happy if others want to wear pink hats because it will make you easy to find, but I won't be wearing one because I don't do pink and I don't do hats (other than a good fleecy hat when walking in Scotland in less than ideal conditions). What did people do for the Northern meetup? I know some people are doing photos by PM/Email which is great but as I have such trouble with faces this probably isn't going to help me, but if it helps others, great and maybe I can be found rather than do the finding?

Worrying Mumble :(

Well, this is a boring teacher suggestion, but a sticky label/badge with our posting name on it? Worn visibly?

I don't do pink, or hats, or photos if I can possibly avoid them.

Edited by Bard

Well, this is a boring teacher suggestion, but a sticky label/badge with our posting name on it? Worn visibly?

I don't do pink, or hats, or photos if I can possibly avoid them.

I was thinking of a label too - didn't want to suggest it in case anyone thought it was totally daft, but I think I'll go with that.

It'd be more daft for us to spend hours approaching strangers with a hopeful smile! I mean, it could be optional, but if enough of us wear one to make an identifiable group, then the fashion conscious can drift up if they want to be associated with the motley crew. I'd rather wear a label than a hat, I have to wear one at school anyway.

I'm happy to get there for 10.30 and sit and read until everyone else turns up.

Edited by Bard

10:30 and label but no hat wearing sounds very good to me. I assume we're still meeting at the burnt out wreck? I am definately not in the fashion conscious group!!!!

If you're walking to Greenwich, Bard, will it be light when you have to set off to make it for 10:30 (I'm assuming am not pm!!!!)? :unsure:

Any ideas at all for a wet weather plan - I'm really worried about this because the park is going to give us no cover if there's a downpour like today.

Any ideas at all for a wet weather plan - I'm really worried about this because the park is going to give us no cover if there's a downpour like today.

No. I used to live near Saddleworth moors. Southern rain holds no terrors for me!

I've never been to Greenwich, but someone else is bound to have an idea. Where's the Big Bad Dad when you need him?

If you're walking to Greenwich, Bard, will it be light when you have to set off to make it for 10:30 (I'm assuming am not pm!!!!)?

I've decided that I'll be thin and rich in my next incarnation. Either that, or a cat. So I'm taking the train/s.

Edited by Bard

I'm happy to get there for 10.30 and sit and read until everyone else turns up.

Where's everyone else? Are other people happy to make it 10:30am?

Mumble Mopp :)

I'm not walking round with a label saying "Hi, my name is Bagpuss" :lol::lol: My kids would never let me live it down :whistle: Don't own any hats, pink or otherwise. We'll struggle to get there for 10.30 , but as I've said before, I've got a few mobile numbers, so I'll give someone a bell once we arrive and find out where you all are :thumbs: Can't make any suggestions for a wet weather plan, don't know Greenwich. It's come round really quickly hasn't it :dance:

Edited by Bagpuss

Guest Lya of the Nox

well we could all wear a badge with a specific pic on it?

or we need to find somewhere to meet, and set times to keep going back to meet folks?

have no idea about rain plan, i have never been to greenwich afore

i can be there 10-30 ish if needed

hubs wants to come now, but dd is putting her fut down so it will prob still be me

Sorry, no way I'll make it for 10.30. 12ish for me!

I think we should have two meet up times: 10.30 for the earlies, and then 12ish for others?? Same rendezvous point (burnt out ship, yes??)

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Will probably be around lunchtime for us too......if we're not there, we're stuck in mud flats, send emergency food parcel please :lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

I think we should have two meet up times: 10.30 for the earlies, and then 12ish for others?? Same rendezvous point (burnt out ship, yes??)

Bid, thanks, this sounds like a great idea - everyone else happy? I kind of needed someone to make a decision for me and give me something solid to hold onto - feel a bit lost at the moment with everthing going on accommodation wise (moving tomorrow, not succeeding with the packing today). I think it will be easier if we do have two distinct times for a lot of people.

Perhaps we should have a list of who's coming when? (Sorry I know this is over worrying, but it's the sort of reassurance I need right now):

10:30 at the Burnt Out Wreck:

Mumble Mopp

Bard

DMB

12 noon at the Burnt Out Wreck to walk to the park:

Bid

Baggy

I'm not walking round with a label saying "Hi, my name is Bagpuss" :lol::lol: My kids would never let me live it down :whistle: Don't own any hats, pink or otherwise.

Ok, well can you come up with some other sensible suggestion to stop me worrying about this please. I'll probably wear a Mumble badge (I really don't care what others think of me) so that Bard, DMB and the other 10:30ers can find me rather than me having to find them - I don't do introducing myself to people.

Worried Muscle Mumble Mopp :unsure:

Erm, we'll have 3 kids and a wheelchair..... :unsure: Don't worry Mumble, I'll find you all......and I've met a few members before, so I'm bound to spot someone I know :thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox

ok add me to the 10-30

i will look for the mumble badge

u look out for a woman with very short purple hair

x

right now):

10:30 at the Burnt Out Wreck:

Mumble Mopp

Bard

DMB

12 noon at the Burnt Out Wreck to walk to the park:

Bid

Baggy

How about if the early group meet the later group at the Burnt Out Wreck at 12 noon, then there will be no problem with the two groups trying to find each other in the park??

I probably shan't wear a badge, but will recognise Lya and DMB, and BD and Kathryn know me well, so no worries there. Any way, I shall just look for a strange looking crowd lurking suspiciously near the BOW!! :ph34r::lol:

Will advise later as to my ensemble for the day, as the garjuss dress I was planning to buy for the Meet is no longer available!! :crying:

BD looks just like his Meez!! :devil:

Edited by bid

QUOTE(Bagpuss @ Jun 20 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not walking round with a label saying "Hi, my name is Bagpuss" My kids would never let me live it down Don't own any hats, pink or otherwise.

Well, as a teacher, I have worn and been much much stranger!

I'll just walk round calling 'Baaaagpuuuuussss!' loudly.

:thumbs:

Edited by Bard

Just realised that when I said I will recognise Lya, I meant I will recognise her purple hair...so if anyone else happens to be in Greenwich with the same kind of purple hair I'm stuck!

I've seen a piccie of DMB, so will be OK with that as I can sort of hold a piccie in my mind. Will be a bit thrown if he's wearing different clothes to Oxford Meet, though :lol:

Boho :wacko:

QUOTE(Bagpuss @ Jun 20 2007, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not walking round with a label saying "Hi, my name is Bagpuss" My kids would never let me live it down Don't own any hats, pink or otherwise.

Well, as a teacher, I have worn and been much much stranger!

I'll just walk round calling 'Baaaagpuuuuussss!' loudly.

:thumbs:

Ah, time to reinvent myself and choose another username.....or........cleverly disguise myself as another forum member....now, who's not going.....something vague (she's nice, so I could pick her)......or KarenT (nope, far too knowledgable about ASD, I'd fool no one)......or TN (hmmmm, I could definately get away with being a fella for the day, especially if I leave my facial hair for few days)......or what about Hev's twin sister Bev...

decisions...decisions....... :lol:

Edited by Bagpuss

Guys

I know Greenwich fairly well as I can actually see the Cutty Sark from where I live.

A couple of points that you may not be aware of....

The Cutty Sark is 5-10 mins walk from the park

The park is HUGE

If the first group meets at 10:30am at the Cutty Sark, it will take you till 11am before you

1. Find eachother

2. Get to the park and find somewhere nice

THis means that you get comfortable for 45 mins before you have to go and meet the others.

May I suggest that you stay comfortable and ONE or TWO people from the first group meet the second group at the Northern gate of the park and take them to wherever the others are? Swap phone numbers if need be.

If you want, I can probably even tell you what street the Northern gate is on and tell you how to get there from the DLR.

Just a thought

KC

Good thinking, KMC!! :thumbs:

I would volunteer DMB to be one of the two, 'cos he navigated us around Oxford, and he's not at all flakey! >:D<<'>

Sorry David :ph34r:

Edited by bid

Guest Lya of the Nox
Just realised that when I said I will recognise Lya, I meant I will recognise her purple hair...so if anyone else happens to be in Greenwich with the same kind of purple hair I'm stuck!

oks so is this the time to mention i always fancied being blonde :groupwave:

x

Good thinking, KMC!! :thumbs:

I would volunteer DMB to be one of the two, 'cos he navigated us around Oxford, and he's not at all flakey! >:D<<'>

I think that sounds like a good idea too. Allows most people so stay settled(ish) and the volunteers/volunteered to go out and find the others. I don't mind going to find others if I'm with someone else - I do know Greenwich a little so probably have an advantage on most people.

As long as someone in the 10:30 group can try and find me I'm happy if people don't want to do labels etc (but don't expect me to have a clue who you all are and remember anyone's names).

Will advise later as to my ensemble for the day, as the garjuss dress I was planning to buy for the Meet is no longer available!! :crying:

Oh, I hadn't thought about that - I thought because we were going to the park and just doing a pcnic we didn't need to worry about 'outfits'. I don't do dresses or dressing up - I was just coming in jeans. What am I supposed to wear? :unsure::tearful:

Mumble.

I've seen a piccie of DMB, so will be OK with that as I can sort of hold a piccie in my mind. Will be a bit thrown if he's wearing different clothes to Oxford Meet, though :lol:

What did I wear to Oxford meet again? I was smart wasn't I. Casually I often wear a track suite bottoms (Adidas) and a T-Shirt (either a Ben Sherman one or a plain coloured one I got for a �1. However I also occasionally wear one with Asterix on.) I expect I will come neat again though. Oh just thought I can check photos and shirt match. :rolleyes: Or perhaps I just need to find a really big map to walk round with and hope it isn't windy. ;)

I thought because we were going to the park and just doing a pcnic we didn't need to worry about 'outfits'. I don't do dresses or dressing up - I was just coming in jeans. What am I supposed to wear? :unsure::tearful:

Mumble.

Don't worry, Mumble, just one of my obsessions! :lol: Have you not looked in the Batcave and found The Female Inquisitor?? :wacko::lol:

After all, I do have my reputation as 'clinically well-dressed and well-kempt' to preserve! :o:ph34r:

Oh, I hadn't thought about that - I thought because we were going to the park and just doing a pcnic we didn't need to worry about 'outfits'. I don't do dresses or dressing up - I was just coming in jeans. What am I supposed to wear? :unsure::tearful:

Mumble.

Hi mumble -

I can't make my mind up either... Dunno whether to go with my usual Sunday Best:

Sunday Best

Or my Summer outfit:

Summer Outfit.

Or maybe i just won't bother and go scruffy as usual :)

L&P

The Summer one Baddad.

I realise you're joking, but I'm not in a coping with jokes mode - can I have a serious answer (that's not in a telling off mode btw and sitting here surrounded by boxes in various states of packed and worrying about tomorrow :tearful: ) - will I be ok in jeans? :unsure:

I don't have anything to say I'm clinically well dressed and I don't do the female dressing up thing I'm afraid - fashion really never was/is important to me - sorry if that's too typically AS.

Mumble the ever Worried :(

Mumble, we are all about learning to appreciate and tolerate diversity!

So if Bid is a sparkly, glittery girlie with feathers on top, who never leaves the house without a rucksack full of gear for maintaining that beautiful high-maintenance glow then she can.

It doesn't mean the rest of us have to keep up. Exquisite things need an audience to appreciate them, and I'm always delighted to be in the audience.

I'm going to be wearing my usual weekend stuff. Jeans, T-shirt (XL) vanilla perfume, no make-up and wild grey witchy hair. And a label with Bard written on it!

If you lot judge by appearances and dismiss the less stylish, or the glitterati, then you are all nothing like your posts which show you to be diverse, interesting and not at all concerned about outward appearances.

We argue against our children been judged by how they appear to others, the same perception should be applied to us too.

I'm off to check which of my 4 pairs of footwear will be the best choice for a wander in the park. Carrying a large and delicious picnic. Priorities!

Edited by Bard

The Summer one Baddad.

I realise you're joking, but I'm not in a coping with jokes mode - can I have a serious answer (that's not in a telling off mode btw

go on mumble tell him off,he defo needs the portable naughty step taken to greenwich :lol:

Thanks Bard - I'll join you in the 'audience'. We're all together going to make a very strange group. Poor, poor Greenwicherians (I don't know what you call people from Greenwich) are really going to be running for cover - particularly given it's Bastille day - they'll be wondering what we're up to!!!!! :devil: Ok, I'm doing the usual jeans and therefore helping other people to look good!!!

Mumble :)

p.s. Hev - can you fit a naughty step in your bag? :unsure: - I'm also saving room for my picnic!!!!

jeans will be fine :D Or whatever else you might like to wear :D

Certainly not anything to waste a worry on... just look out of your window in the morning and make your mind up by the colour of the sky (for me, that means i wear exactly the same thing either way but decide whether to add a coat or not... for bid that means serious tizzles about the shade of her nail polish and/or the glitter shapes thereon! Takes all sorts to make a liquorice :))

Bid - whatever you wear remember not to tuck the bottom half in your knickers, and Hev whatever you wear make sure it's not inside out :lol:

L&P

Bid - whatever you wear remember not to tuck the bottom half in your knickers

Shows how unfashionable you are! The scrawny Beckham babe not only shows her knickers, she has a special knicker-adjusting-personal-assistant-girlie to make sure it's all exactly so.

I saw it in the Metro, so it must be true. What a CV bonus that must be!