bid

Southern Meet...

I'll be able to stay to around 16:30 so even 12:00 would work for me. Just couldn't do much later and might have to get someone to remind me about the time. 11:00am would be nice though as it means can mingle for a bit longer. I'm sure I can find plenty to do though before most of you arrive if need be. :) I'm easily pleased and fairly flexible. :)

Here is the list again. To make it easier for people to find. Incase they just go to the last page of posts.

Lya of the Nox

Mumble

Smiley (+ Friend to help her get to meet)

Baddad + #1 Son

Kathryn + Son (age 10 by the time we meet)

Bard

MichelleW + Children (age 7 & 2.5)

Bagpuss + Partner + Children (3 of them [aged 6, 9 and 13])

Hev

Steviegirl (Hev's Mum - so she'd better behave. )

Loulou

BuzyLizzie100

Bikergal + Boyfriend

Lynden

JJ's Mum + Husband (wheel chair user) + Son (age 4)

Tally

KarenT ?

Flora ?

Bid ?

Zaman - Probably not but still a small chance.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Hey I can come too, just found a way, by teleconference. I want to hear your accents :wub::thumbs::tearful: its not fair.

:(

QUOTE(Frangipani @ May 25 2007, 11:52 AM)

I have just sat here reading all your posts and realised I have been talking to you lot, a lot of you have met up at the meet ups and some of you I have face to names because of the baby/ teen photos but I realised when David was talking about accents, you will ALL have accents to me!!!

I realise I want to hear your voices or accents. After two years???? I have an idea, but this may sound silly. Perhaps you could send me a quick message to my mobile phone and say hello blah blah blah this is blah blah blah. Otherwise it will be expensive calling Australia and the UK.

I want to hear your accents. Does this sound silly I can PM my mobile no. that way you will hear me on the voice mail and after all this time you can say oh thats Frangipani I know it sounds goofy. Especially those I have been chatting to since 05, I feel a bit left out all they way down here

Just for fun, is that okay moderators, perhaps some of you especially. You will have to put the country code 61 in but may need to check with the operator about international calls, cant say I ever call overseas these days.

Hey, after sleeping on it I realised a way we could do this. When you all get together for the Southern Meet up, could be good, I will PM my mobile number, someone from the group can call me when you are all sitting down together, and feel the time is right for five minutes. One of you call me and say call us now; we are ready to sit for five mins to quickly pass the phone around and say hi this is....blah blah and pass the phone around. Pleeeaaasssseee!!!!! It will be around midnight here the way to work it out is take off two hours off your time then add twelve then you will know the time here we are ahead of you; so if you call Sunday it will be Sunday night here.

What do you think? Just 5 - 10 mins its a good opportunity to say hello over there.

:pray: Please! :)

Edited by Frangipani

Sorry but i cant do it my cousins getting married that day

i wonder if he would mind changing his day to another,i think he' being inconsiderate :lol:

I know what you mean about the accents. I moved from London (though my parents are from Essex) to Devon, and I love hearing London/Essex accents. I even watch Eastenders for the accents.

I hope we can call you, or maybe send you a tape. (Do they make tapes any more?)

I'm not sure when I'll next be on here as I'm down in Kettering this week for a 5 day TEACCH course. I'll try and catch up on any threads that affect me when I get back. Just thought I'd better let you know or your all be wondering why I have suddenly gone quiet. All the best and I'll talk to you all in about a weeks time. :)

I know what you mean about the accents. I moved from London (though my parents are from Essex) to Devon, and I love hearing London/Essex accents. I even watch Eastenders for the accents.

I hope we can call you, or maybe send you a tape. (Do they make tapes any more?)

Ahhh, now there's an idea! Anyone got an MP3 or minidisc recorder? could all make a tape, whack it onto a CD and post it off... i think the phone thing might be a non-starter. Dunno what international mobile rates are, but i'm guessing quite high and i HATE mobile phones anyway!

DMB - enjoy yourself in Kettering. I thought that was a breakfast of kippers and rice??

L&P

BD :D

Ahhh, now there's an idea! Anyone got an MP3 or minidisc recorder? could all make a tape, whack it onto a CD and post it off... i think the phone thing might be a non-starter. Dunno what international mobile rates are, but i'm guessing quite high and i HATE mobile phones anyway!

DMB - enjoy yourself in Kettering. I thought that was a breakfast of kippers and rice??

L&P

Thanks Baddad,

If it isn't too much trouble and not going to be a pain for you all on the day that would be really nice, it would be lovely to actually 'hear' your voices. Maybe make it like a bit of a game each say something and at the end say that was such and such so I can see if I can guess who it is before you tell me who it is.

You tend to pick up a bit of a persons accent from the way they phrase words and I already have an idea in my mind what some of you sound like. It would be fun. But again, if its not too much trouble it would be really awesome.

I could PM my address, thanks so much. But only if its not going to cause stress.

>:D<<'> :thumbs::D

Fxx

What a cool idea :thumbs::thumbs:

I wanna copy too :thumbs::thumbs:

What will we say?????

I'll be the one going 'Erm... hi... suns out here..... trees look nice.... just had some choccy beer..... errrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm' :lol:

What a cool idea :thumbs::thumbs:

I wanna copy too :thumbs::thumbs:

What will we say?????

I'll be the one going 'Erm... hi... suns out here..... trees look nice.... just had some choccy beer..... errrrrmmmmmmmmmmmm' :lol:

We could sing show tunes and tell dirty jokes (or maybe sing dirty tunes and tell show jokes) Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooklahoma... or combine the two 'I'm sliding a gong on the chest of a slave'... etc etc...

Any requests?

Oh, all right I will.................. :( ............

just.................. :( getting................... :unsure: ......... me :tearful: .................

coat :crying:

:D

Lya, I don't think understanding YOU is going to be our main challenge of the day!

Baddad, is your coat lovely and white with very, very long sleeves?

Do you need help to put it on?

Edited by Bard

Lya, I don't think understanding YOU is going to be our main challenge of the day!

Badad, is your coat lovely and white with very, very long sleeves?

It used to be white before they chained me up here in the attic...... the roofing felt is filthy and the chains rub my ankles something awful..... :(

Badad, is your coat lovely and white with very, very long sleeves?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've started packing:

• one picnic rug
  • one picnic
  • several naughty steps
  • one inflatable padded cell
Am I missing anything? :devil::devil::whistle::whistle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've started packing:

• one picnic rug
  • one picnic
  • several naughty steps
  • one inflatable padded cell

Well, I rarely travel anywhere without a book or two, and a hip flask.

Just medicinal, you understand.

Guest Lya of the Nox

oooh

ooh books

and choccy please

i have to take a book everywhere i go with me to hide in lol

Baddad, is your coat lovely and white with very, very long sleeves?

:lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

Like the ones with sleeves tied at the back?

L&P

Can anyone help out here please????? Any suggestions???? MP3 of CD

Thank you, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :notworthy:

:thumbs: sooooo excited about this. Yaaayyyyy!!!!! >:D<<'> :robbie::robbie:

a stretcher for when i have staggered out the chocolate brewey peed out of my head :rolleyes::drunk:

a :sick: bucket for when i sober up :rolleyes::lol::lol:

a stretcher for when i have staggered out the chocolate brewey peed out of my head :rolleyes::drunk:

a :sick: bucket for when i sober up :rolleyes::lol::lol:

And thus Mumble, we have come full circle.

My wheelbarrow and I will be in attendance hev, but you'll have to provide your own bucket if you're going to be that wasteful of good beer.

A MONTH! A month!! :crying:

Bang goes my idea of turning myself into a gorjuss svelte thing.............. :rolleyes::lol:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ohhhhhhhhhh i'm exited! (i don't get out much, lol :rolleyes: )

Bang goes my idea of turning myself into a gorjuss svelte thing.............. :rolleyes::lol:

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

you already are lovey

Blimey, that's come round quick :unsure: I've two hopes of being svelte......will just squish me belly into some reinforced bridget jones knickers, and hope for the best :thumbs: Still not booked accomodation yet......so caught up in buying half the bungalows in the North East. Youngest dd has an eye appt on the Monday now, so unsure where we will decide to stay. We were going to have a long weekend in a caravan, but will now have to travel back on Sunday. Can I give someone a bell when we get there, to find out where you all are?

have pm you my moby number,you lucky devil you :devil: no drunken late night texts please,smiley does it constatly andit drives me mad :P:lol:

Edited by hev

:devil: no drunken late night texts please,smiley does it constatly andit drives me mad :P:lol:

Can't help meself............ :whistle: ........

:P:lol:

I'm sure Baggy would love to hear from me any hour of the day! :hypno::wacko:

I love accents too - I have a fairly strong one, but had to giggle because Leona (my daughter) started her new school in London 3 weeks ago and one of her little friends told her teacher that Leona spoke a different language haha

We're from right up on the NE coast of scotland and speak mostly doric when talking amongst ourselves.

Lynne x

Erm.... i'd wait until a couple of days before and have a look at the weather forecast :rolleyes:

Pulleeeze- this isn't gonna turn into a gurly 'haven't got a thing in the wardrobe' stylee thread, is it?

Gurls - utterly wet and weedy. I diskard them...

Me and Ben are gonna play stuka's around the Cutty Sark site - eh-eh-eh-eh-eh Yeeeyyyyommmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Peooooow! Yah Boo and sucks!

;)

I know what you can wear Bads.......... seeings' as you'll be on a boat n' all.......

BD summer wardrobe...

Oh go on - pretty please :devil: I can promise you'll be mobbed by at least half of us......... :devil::wub::devil:

Actually, I was at the dentists today and there was nothing else to read but an Hello magazine... and according to that JD and VP are looking to buy a house in BATH... all you JS groupies could camp out down there for the summer, like a load of old age pensioners new age travellers :)

As for me - you'll never catch me in Pirate get-up... Look what happened to 'The Tomahawk Kid' (when we set out across the seven seas... there was captain jack, and billy bones and me... and the Tomahawk kid... yeah the tomahawk kid......') Ooer missus! ;)

As for me - you'll never catch me in Pirate get-up...

i would pay to see you in anyget-up..... :devil::devil:

As not going anywhere for a meal will probably just wear what I do around home. Last two times I've been to meets have dressed up. Normally wear a t-shirt and tracksuite bottoms (adidas) as find them more comfortable. Have always liked my clothes to be soft. I think that is why I like the Ben Shermain shirts some of you have previously seen me in. Especially as they were 2nd hand so had a good few washes first. Just had to check they were from a non-smoking household. That's probably blown any image of fashion sense some of you might have got of me totally out of the water. Often wear T-shirts that only cost �1 each. Latest ones feel a little tight though round the neck.

Erm.... i'd wait until a couple of days before and have a look at the weather forecast :rolleyes:

Pulleeeze- this isn't gonna turn into a gurly 'haven't got a thing in the wardrobe' stylee thread, is it?

Gurls - utterly wet and weedy. I diskard them...

Me and Ben are gonna play stuka's around the Cutty Sark site - eh-eh-eh-eh-eh Yeeeyyyyommmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Peooooow! Yah Boo and sucks!

;)

Well, I've always been more of a Biggles fan than Hello, so maybe I'll join you and Ben instead. Jeans and a Tshirt, with a fluffy jumper if the Nor-Westerlies are ablowin'

And one of my four pairs of footwear, and that includes my wellies. Even if I had the cash, I'd probably/definitely spend it on books, music, plants or chocolate rather than feminine fripperies.