bid

Southern Meet...

Should be... :)

I haven't ordered the train tickets yet, though so not sure what time, but probably the 12.00 meet. I'll be carrying a rolled up copy of the times and will stand under the clock on platform 2...

What do you mean, that's not the plan???

Tut! :rolleyes:

:D

Hmmm,

Which platform 2? There are quite a lot of them.

Hmmm,

Which platform 2? There are quite a lot of them.

the one with a clock, me and ben and a rolled up copy of the times - OBVIOUSLY! :rolleyes:

tut! :rolleyes: ( ;):P )

:biggrin:

OK, so that smiley doesn't work...

Small happy icon giggling at Baddad.

Edited by Bard

:blink::lol: Gawd i love this place, lol!!

Utter madness :rolleyes:

Funny thing happened today - not so funny, 'haha', just funny :unsure: - 'coz, well, I'll explain......

Being the dippy moo that i am - i appear to be one of the very few peeps around to have a reaction (other than the obvious!) to the A-D's i'm taking......

Yesterday felt achey and bleugh (technical term...), woke up this morning feeling like a soddin' - pufferfish! All swollen and just plain bleuuugh........... :( .

Spent couple of hours sorting through the shed (as you do..) - and then realise i should sit down when i'm feeling bleugh. I noticed i wasn't just feeling pufferfish-ish, but i was really very swollen. Me and the little monkey spent 30 minutes giggling like a pair of mad things - simply because when we pushed down on my skin - it left a little finger mark (we're just not normal... :rolleyes: seemed really funny at the time! :rolleyes: ).

Anyhow - trotted off to the out-of-hour Doc, and, as was expected - it's oedema :sick:. A-D's have, quite literally, turned me into a human stress ball :huh::blink::lol:

Was explaining all this to my friend - she really didn't get it - especially when i disolved into fits of giggles when trying to tell her about it................. I have a very twisted sense of humour :whistle:

Anyhoooooo - off to quacks mon for blood tests - still planning to come along next sat................... :pray:

Edited by smiley

Anyhow - trotted off to the out-of-hour Doc, and, as was expected - it's oedema :sick: . A-D's have, quite literally, turned me into a human stress ball :huh::blink::lol:

That's an aphrodisiac, isn't it? 'Funky, Cold Oedema?'

..... Oh - just looked it up: It's DROPSY!!! I didn't think that was real - I thought it was a made up disease like 'the dreaded lurgi' or 'vapours'...

If you want a good book about a dropsy cure, try Trueman Capote's 'The Grass Harp'... lovely little book, always makes me :D

Hope the swelling goes down soon (as the actress...........)

L&P

BD :D

Smiley and Baddad, you are both mad, totally, totally mad :D I have officially decided to give up trying to understand Baddad (thanks for the Two Ronnies link Kathryn - I undertood it, but wasn't sure why it was supposed to be very funny) - I feel my life is going to become a lot easier from here on in :lol: :lol: :P

Well if you do make it next Saturday, Greenwich Park has both a paddling pool and an ornimental lake so you can decide, Smiley, which is the most appropriate habitat for a pufferfish. :devil::whistle:

Bard: a big grin is just a colon followed by a capital D (so it looks like a big grin rotated 90 degrees), the giggling smiley is ;lol; with colons instead of semi-colons.

:D:D:D:D

:lol::lol::lol:

Thank you MtM, you're good at this e-teaching stuff.

It is because I'm on a Mac, and not an up-to date one either. When I logged on at work, the icon bar on the left showed up, much easier to pick a pic.

Edited by Bard

Your not alone with not understanding all BDs jokes Mumble. Some of them go straight over my head too. I guess a lot has to do with my age. Certainly I often think he is referencing something but am never sure what. I should perhaps watch that U-tube vid as not got that other gag either. Still when I understand his jokes they normally are quite funny. I'd rather have intelligent humour than rude humour any day. :)

BARD - Not sure if this will work but this is the url the Show All link normally loads. Can't see any reason it shouldn't work in any case. http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...;editor_id=ed-0

Not long to go now. By this time next week I will be back in Durham. I'll better try and get a good rest on the trains as then have a 9mile walk on the Sunday. Decided upon NAS as the charity I would walk for. Need to get some more people to sponser me this week. Asked 2 so far and got �10 though so not a bad start. Decided it is better to do it for a charity I have connections with. Can't wait to meet you all, David.

Still when I understand his jokes they normally are quite funny.

:lol::lol::lol:

BD, I think you should add this to your siggy!! :devil::clap:

Boho :dance:

Your not alone with not understanding all BDs jokes Mumble. Some of them go straight over my head too. I guess a lot has to do with my age. Certainly I often think he is referencing something but am never sure what. I should perhaps watch that U-tube vid as not got that other gag either. Still when I understand his jokes they normally are quite funny. I'd rather have intelligent humour than rude humour any day. :)

BARD - Not sure if this will work but this is the url the Show All link normally loads. Can't see any reason it shouldn't work in any case. http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...;editor_id=ed-0

Not long to go now. By this time next week I will be back in Durham. I'll better try and get a good rest on the trains as then have a 9mile walk on the Sunday. Decided upon NAS as the charity I would walk for. Need to get some more people to sponser me this week. Asked 2 so far and got �10 though so not a bad start. Decided it is better to do it for a charity I have connections with. Can't wait to meet you all, David.

Your not alone with not understanding all BDs jokes Mumble. Some of them go straight over my head too. I guess a lot has to do with my age.

Or his, some of the jokes are very retro and require an archaic knowledge of funnies from long, long ago!

But we can combine our powers, and together we will find a solution to the confusion and chaos that he leaves in his wake. :lol:

That url does work for me, so now I have a printout of the emoticons and their codes, no more random guessing :thumbs:

I'll sponsor you �9, I'll bring extra cash to the meet. You are the fourth Charity Walker that I have sponsored this term, so don't feel as if you were soliciting, and this charity, I have a personal interest in.

Well done all round , I feel Mr DMB.

:groupwave:

Although I now feel I have to work my way through this list of lovely little icons...

Although I now feel I have to work my way through this list of lovely little icons...

Now look what you've started DMB - :shame::lol:

Bid, I agree, that should go in BD's siggy - v. funny :lol: :lol:

I'll sponsor you �9, I'll bring extra cash to the meet. You are the fourth Charity Walker that I have sponsored this term, so don't feel as if you were soliciting, and this charity, I have a personal interest in.

Well done all round , I feel Mr DMB.

:groupwave:

I'm a rather poor student I'm afraid - I'll have a dig around in various pockets - if you want sponsoring in pennies, then I could bring along me dinosaur 'piggy' bank *scurries off to count her pennies* Hmm, 87p, that's not going to help is it? :unsure: I should have known earlier the going rate was a pound a mile - I walked 97 miles last summer (that is, the route was 97 miles, given the, erm, unplanned detours because 'I'm sure the path goes this way . . .' it was probably more! :lol: How do you do charity walking? - I really like walking but always thought for these things you had to raise loads of money to even be allowed to take part. :unsure::unsure:

" I'm a rather poor student I'm afraid - I'll have a dig around in various pockets."

One of the best things about not being a student is that I will never have to eat macaroni cheese for a whole week ever again. I can also afford good seats at the theatre, and to sponsor people doing good stuff.

:eat::wine::clap:

I didn't mean to worry other people into giving cash they maybe can't afford to at the moment.

" How do you do charity walking? - I really like walking but always thought for these things you had to raise loads of money to even be allowed to take part. :unsure::unsure: "

I think the raising loads of money to take part walks are for those who aren't content with walking in their locality, but want to do something with more WOW! factor, like the Great Wall of China, or a mountain. :first:

A huge amount of funding is raised by people like DMB, who do a charity walk or run in their neighbourhood.

All you need is an official sponsor form. You get people to promise money, either in total or per mile, you do the event and someone official stamps/signs your form and then you go back to your sponsors and claim the money which you then send to the charity.

Maybe not as glamorous as cycling across America, but indispensible to those that benefit from the money raised by thousands of events every year that don't make the National papers.

:notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy:

97 miles??? :o

Gor Blimey Girl, that would take me a month!

Where were you walking?

Edited by Bard

This one doesn't seem to have any set amount you have to raise. There is a participation fee though which you have to pay yourself (�16 for an adult). I believe the profits from that amount go to whoever is the walks official charity (Diabetes this year). It is also used to pay for the T-shirt, number, medal, etc... It is the only walk I know of though that is setup like this. It is ran by the same company who organises the Great North Run. http://www.greatrun.org/ The other way I believe people do charity walks is to organise them oneself. Then you would pick something like the 3 peaks in the Yorkshire Dales, The Coast to Coast, etc... I'd have classed that as more fun. Can't think of any interesting terrain around Darlington. Then the idea is it is accessible to everyone. They even do a shorter wheelchair route and a kiddies route.

Have fun with the emoticons Bard. There are one or two I've not found a sensible use for yet. George for instance. Should post a George and the Dragon Thread I guess. :whistle::george: Personally though I think we need more emoticons. There just isn't enough to cover everything you could ever want. :rolleyes: They must think we're all really evil on here for instance as only a Devil :devil: and no Angel. Well at least on there own and the only one that is close looks more like a nurse to me. :bancomp: Plus the Devil on it gets the upper hand. Often wanted a four leaf clover too for wishing people good luck.

Looking forward to seeing you all in 6 days time. Will have to think about what I need to bring. Lets think: map(s), pack lunch, spending money incase visit anywhere (e.g. Observatory), waterproof (or do I just chance it and seal our fate) and mobile (also need to remember to charge it the night before). Starting to get excited now. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

EDIT: There used to be a route map on the official site above but it seems to have disappeared. Isn't loading when I try the page at the moment in anycase.

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getama...String=nz305185

That link gives a view of where part of the route is. Can't seem to get a view from a bit further out and still get the correct locality. Also to view that click search again as it says it doesn't exist when it first loads but then when you search again it manages to bring it up. Guess Grid References searches aren't activated by the URL.

EDIT2: Also interested to hear why you walked so far Mumble. Only time I have been anywhere near that sort of figure (in a short time span) is for my Queen's Scout award. Actually possibly was in Kenya too as gave myself quite a walk to school everyday for the later part of my stay. I put company above convenience. Hence moved out of my rented house and moved in with one of the teachers. I think we worked out he lived about 12 miles from school which we ended up covering every day in about 1hr30mins. Wish I was still as fit as I was back then. Have got a bit podgy (very is probably more accurate) since getting back. Just couldn't stop eating. Unfortunatally whilst I was out there the Kenyan's had decided I didn't eat enough. Hence appetite was gigantic. It is so hard to reduce the amount you eat. Urgh!!

Edited by David Matthew Baker

DMB, it's not an angel or a nurse. Trust a Catholic...it's a Bishop.

And many of them are no angels! Don't get me started on Cardinals either, or the Man in White!

97 miles??? :o

Gor Blimey Girl, that would take me a month!

Where were you walking?

Glasgow to Pitlochry via part of the West Highland Way and the Rob Roy Way, over 7 days. My feet still haven't quite recovered!!! (You're right DMB - we need more emoticons - an 'ouch' one would be useful)

I might look into this walking lark a little more . . .

Hmm *Goes off to think*

:george: (just because he's underused)

Mumble :)

EDIT2: Also interested to hear why you walked so far Mumble. Only time I have been anywhere near that sort of figure (in a short time span) is for my Queen's Scout award.

The march of the penguin :lol: :lol:

I thought it would make a nice holiday!!!!! :lol: Talked my sister into it (and she's not a walker) - now she won't come on 'holiday' with me ever again, even if I promise very little walking!!!! Hence I now need to pick up the courage to do something on my own :unsure:

Edited by Mumble

DMB, it's not an angel or a nurse. Trust a Catholic...it's a Bishop.

And many of them are no angels! Don't get me started on Cardinals either, or the Man in White!

Should have known that. Shows what state I'm in at the moment. Brain hasn't engaged yet. Seen enough and have some as friends of the family though on the Anglican side of the church. That said not seen any in their garb. for quite a long time. The last one I saw was a home visit whilst down Kettering way. Mainly as he had always been very supportive of my mum and knew he would like to hear how she was doing and also me and my bro. I managed to give him some very pleasent suprises. The biggest been that my mum was working. Something a lot of people never thought we would see. She is also very happy where she is. (Managing accounts at a college for Disabled People - physical, dislexia, ADHD, ASD or mental problems, etc...) (Prior to that she had been classed unfit to work. Mainly due to difficulties in her childhood that weren't helped by a spell in the local mental hospital (can't think of a better name for it) who did more harm than good. Luckily a nice couple arranged for her to go and live with them.) The best Anglican Bishop at the moment though I think is the one in York. He is so entusiastic and willing to do things a little differently. Don't go to church at the moment but do think that all religions act as a good moral guide line on how to live ones life. Might eventually start going again. Only reason I stopped was some over the top youth group leaders. I think if they had their way all I'd have seen on a Sunday was church. :rolleyes: Don't know as much about the Catholic setup but I believe the core beliefs are identical with a few little discrepancies. In fact I think I would probably say the core principles at the heart of all faiths are more or less the same. Normally along the lines of caring for others, not hurting others, etc...

Mumble - If the meet up goes well you could always see if you could find a group on here that would be willing to do some longer walks for charity. I'd probably be up for it as would help keep me back in shape (been optomistic (sp?) here that I'll get fit again whilst in Kenya). Just a pity that everyone seems to live such a long way apart. That said if things are organised early enough traveling is cheap. Also have a car if I need it. Just would have to make a long weekend of it then. :)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Well if you do make it next Saturday, Greenwich Park has both a paddling pool and an ornimental lake so you can decide, Smiley, which is the most appropriate habitat for a pufferfish. :devil::whistle:

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bounce::bounce::bounce: paddling pool! :thumbs: Good luck trying to keep me out! :lol:

And excuse me - i is perfukteeleey nurmol - 'tis that baddad whos weird............... :partytime::devil::whistle:

:P

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :bounce::bounce::bounce: paddling pool! :thumbs: Good luck trying to keep me out! :lol:

I'll be in there with you - penguins have a certain liking for pools!! :lol: :lol:

If it is hot it will appeal to me too. Not a fan of it when it is hot. Don't ask why I decided Kenya is a good idea. Used to play with a remote controlled boat on a paddling pool near me when I was younger.

Not for me thanks, I like the sea.

I'll bring a towel and a hip flask, for after the pool party.

Not for me thanks, I like the sea.

I'll bring a towel and a hip flask, for after the pool party.

I'll bring bandages and a replacement hip joint for when hev goes over after one too many! :D

Guys, unsure if we are going to make it......little one poorly, full of cold so nothing too drastic, but she's beginning to sound horribly chesty. I'm hoping she will pick up by end of week though, but thought it best to warn you all just in case.

Tried to read through what I've missed but got lost in amongst the puffer fish, paddling pools and the two Rons....sorry, have only just escaped little one's clutches, and trying to quickly catch up.

Please send lots of positive thoughts our way :pray:

BTW, David, could you PM me your mobile number please if you don't mind, just incase we end up travelling down last minute.

I'll bring bandages and a replacement hip joint for when hev goes over after one too many! :D

as long as you wear a doctors outfit my love you can bandage me up any time :o

Guys, unsure if we are going to make it......little one poorly, full of cold so nothing too drastic, but she's beginning to sound horribly chesty. I'm hoping she will pick up by end of week though, but thought it best to warn you all just in case.

Tried to read through what I've missed but got lost in amongst the puffer fish, paddling pools and the two Rons....sorry, have only just escaped little one's clutches, and trying to quickly catch up.

Please send lots of positive thoughts our way :pray:

BTW, David, could you PM me your mobile number please if you don't mind, just incase we end up travelling down last minute.

oh little love,hope shes better soon >:D<<'>

Thanks for the well wishes. She had a pretty bad night. I got to bed at 5.30 am and was up at 6.45 am......just came downstairs and pottered about, caught up on posts, drank endless cups of tea. She has perked up today, although colds always seem worse at night don't they.

For anyone who wants to see what me and my kids look like before Saturday, I should be on Meridian news tomorrow at 6. If not tomorrow then the day after. I doubt if I'll manage to stop the schools closing but it's worth a try.

Not sure how to link my other thread...I'm campaigning to stop the closure of 2 special pre-schools in Ramsgate. One is for children with speech, language and communication disorders. The school and no-SALT department only found out just over a week ago that the schools were not opening again in September.

It's the new health drive btw - Low SALT, V. Low-SALT and No-SALT!

Edited by MichelleW

I hope the campaign goes well. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

If anyone else would like my mobile number so you know how to contact someone for next Sat send me a PM (or reply here I guess). I'm on the Virgin Network and quite happy to supply it. I think it is useful if you know how to contact someone. :)

4 days to go. Good luck with your project Mumble. :)

Guest Lya of the Nox

glad she is on the mend:)

looking forward to the weekend.

i need somethig nice in me sad sad life

x