bid

Southern Meet...

Need to add mrs.ddh as the American contingent, Mumbley??

So, that's three continents involved now! :notworthy::thumbs::lol:

Boho :bounce:

Edited by bid

Didn't think I'd make it back online before meet, but ditched the ironing :thumbs:

Mumble, KarenT definately isn't coming, and I think it was Lynden who was off to see Paul McKenna? :unsure:

We can't get hold of anyone at the car park to prebook, so we are going to have to take pot luck with the Sat Nav and hope they have spaces........gawd knows what time we'll get there if not......save some brownies for me :pray:

Don't hang about for us if we are late due to car parking, I'll ring someone once we get there :)

Youngest dd has packed 6 bags :o ....and done a runner with my bracelet I'd bought :( Apparantly she wanted it for her fairy :shame:...and doesn't know where it is now :rolleyes:

SEE YOU ALL SATURDAY :thumbs::dance::bounce:

Baggy :curlers: & Co x

DS 13 also wants to know why we are going to London, to meet a lot of "random" (is that slang?) people off the internet, when I tell him never to talk to anyone online he doesn't know, and never, ever under ANY circumstances arrange to meet them!

Teenagers, don't you just love 'em :rolleyes:

Mumble, KarenT definately isn't coming

Ok

and I think it was Lynden who was off to see Paul McKenna? :unsure:

Didn't BD say that was cancelled?

DS 13 also wants to know why we are going to London, to meet a lot of "random" (is that slang?) people off the internet, when I tell him never to talk to anyone online he doesn't know, and never, ever under ANY circumstances arrange to meet them!

Well I can be very random :lol::lol: Good point though - how do I know you're not all a bunch of crazed whatnots? I know I am. :P:whistle:

QUOTE(Baggy @ Jul 12 2007, 04:35 PM)

Well I can be very random Good point though - how do I know you're not all a bunch of crazed whatnots? I know I am.

If your crazy and you know it clap your hands.... :clap::clap:

Well you've met some of us before. The hard bit would be coming up with how we met. :)

He has a point. That said I wouldn't arrange to meet people off of any other forums that I am on. Think I trust people on here a lot more. :)

I think it was Lynden who was off to see Paul McKenna?

I think he was joking, because he posted a picture of Paul McKenna looking fat, which was really Paul McKenna's head stuck on top of a fat bloke's body.

I think he was joking, because he posted a picture of Paul McKenna looking fat, which was really Paul McKenna's head stuck on top of a fat bloke's body.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: Baddad, you'll be needing more than a sumo suit to protect you on Saturday :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Any more takers? (either for Saturday or for gently letting BD know that his sense of humour is erm . . . :fight: :fight: :unsure:)

I'll help with BD for Ben's sake. :) How does he manage to cope??!!! :unsure:

(I hope that's the right name. About 98% sure it is.)

EDIT: See you all later. Off to see Harry Potter now. Here I go, here I go, here I go....

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Gosh I hadn't thought about it like that - arranging to meet and exchange phone numbers with complete strangers who could be absolutely out of their trees! :clap: :clap: :clap: Oh well - I'm sure there is safety in numbers and we are meeting in a public place!

edit to say p.s. thats us 3 clapping! we might not be happy but we're very clappy!!

Edited by MichelleW

Teenagers, don't you just love 'em :rolleyes:

Meeting one person that you met online sounds definitely dodgy and something to avoid.

Or even a couple.

But I think it unlikely that an entire horde will all turn out to be psychotic slavers bent on wholesale mayhem.

We're meeting as a group in a public arena, so everyone will be as safe as if they were there as an individual member of the public.

Your son sounds intelligent and careful, so that's hopeful!

Although I'll be disappointed if the Hev n' Baddad floorshow doesn't provide some entertainment!

But I think it unlikely that an entire horde will all turn out to be psychotic slavers bent on wholesale mayhem.

You don't know us at all, do you Bard? :lol::P:partytime: How else do you think we were going to get Greenwich park to ourselves?

Should be... :)

I haven't ordered the train tickets yet, though so not sure what time, but probably the 12.00 meet. I'll be carrying a rolled up copy of the times and will stand under the clock on platform 2...

What do you mean, that's not the plan???

Tut! :rolleyes:

:D

And carrying a Microphone I believe, thanks for that, just caught up with your other posts. Thanks Baddad, :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Kathryn has my address.

Yayyyy!!!!

Love

Frangi. xx :D

Edited by Frangipani

Hello Mumble and to all who are on the meeting list of both times!

After mad checking of train times and much cajoling of son (14 ASD) and daughter (17 TEEN!), we are coming along! We will be meeting at the 12.00 time - so ddh +2 - however, I expect the +2 may wander off and explore the sights and sounds of Greenwich...checking back with Mum as and when they need me (or money?) DMB is guiding us to the park and is it there that we will having a picnic? Do I need to invest in a flask - or will always-much-needed caffeine be nearby to buy? java script:add_smilie(":lol:","smid_7")

laughing.gif

Is there anything else I need to know or bring that I am unaware of? And, more importantly, I know that I am a more strange stranger who you will be meeting from an online site (only because I am new to the forum!), but would it be possible to exchange mobile numbers with someone in case plans go awry? Such as train arriving late, child dragging feet and refusing to go out the door, etc etc etc, so that I can meet up with you all if I do not get to the meeting point in time? Come on now, show of hands...java script:add_smilie(":D","smid_6")

biggrin.gif I expect one person will do! And through pming....

Well, ladies and gents, I am excited about meeting you all and I will be easy to pick out (after I speak) being American!

See you all soon!

ddh

I wish I was brave enough to come along, I would love to meet you all.

Hope you have a fab time and I look forward to hearing all about the adventure.

Clare x

Trying to work out what I need to get ready tonight. I think this is the list:

- Picnic

- Map(s) [Going to find a map of the park and play around on the OS site to get one.)

- Camera (Need to charge batteries).

- Mobile Phone (Really need to charge battery as can see it gets used a lot. Seem to be one of the main contacts. :))

- Spending money.

- Waterproof (don't trust British weather).

I assume someone has sorted out a minidisc or something to record people on. If not I'll see if I can borrow my dad's though it might be getting used by him. Never used it though.

Don't think there is anything else. Any suggestions welcome though.

I like the list, David - will be doing the same - thanks for the tips....

Hev, why does babdad need a naughty step?

And Clare, if you are not feeling brave this time, maybe next time? Or..equally...you could try and come tomorrow? To be honest with you, Clare, I am not feeling brave either!

And why is lya feeling tired?

Off to eat lunch...

ddh :D

Lya - >:D<<'> >:D<<'> - was just saying to friend L (who's coming along tommorrow) that i may well be falling asleep on the blanket for the most of the afternoon!!!

Nice sunny day.... Nice cool breeze...... Comfy blanket... Full tum :eat1: And i've had it!

Snoooooooozzzzeeee Smiley :D

:bounce: cannot wait :bounce: cannot wait :bounce:

:thumbs:

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Well, my To Do List for tonight:

* Put phone on charge (thanks DMB, forgot that one :rolleyes: )

* Buy picnic :eat:

* Paint my nails :curlers:

* Paint DD's nails :curlers:

* DD hair wash :partytime:

*Early night 'cos I need my beauty sleep as I've just finished my nights on :hypno:

I'm so excited, ooh yeah, and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I laike it!! :dance:

Boho :bounce:

I wish I was brave enough to come along, I would love to meet you all.

Hope you have a fab time and I look forward to hearing all about the adventure.

Clare x

Do you think you might give it a go??

It would be great to see you...we're not too scary (well, there is that Hev woman :o:ph34r:;) )

Boho :dance:

I also expect it will break off a bit into little groups so won't be as scarey as all of us together at once. Have put the various batteries onto charge that I needed to. Not asked about minidisc yet. Probably will in a little while. Still was waiting to see if anyone else had sorted this out. I know we said we'd do it but can't remember if any more organisation was done. One thing to add is a random present for someone from my bro. A case of he saw it and thought of someone on here. Now that will have you all guessing for a little bit. :) Though the main forum isn't something he is interested in he quite enjoys reading certain peoples posts in Off Topic. :) Weirdness runs in the family you see. :rolleyes:

For the 12 o'clockers who don't know me, I'm tall and my hair is quite similarish to my avvy.

I'll be wearing cropped jeans, sandals, my new plum top (see previous posts ad nauseum), and my new sparklies (see previous posts ad nauseaum) :lol:;)

I will also have 12 year old DD who is v. v. pretty :wub:

Ooooh, and green floral back-pack :D

Can't wait!! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Edited by bid

Final List (oh no, that means it's really happening!!):

10:30am on Saturday 14th July 2007 at the bow end (possibly) of the Burnt Out Wreck (B.O.W.):

Mumble

Bard

DMB

Lya + 2

Tally

Michelle + 2?

12 noon on Saturday 14th July at the bow end (possibly) of the Burnt Out Wreck (B.O.W.) to meet DMB + 1 to walk be guided to the park:

Bid +1

Baggy + 4

Hev + 1

Kathryn

Bikergal + 1

Smiley (?-time) + 1 or 2

Baddad + 1

Mrs ddh + 2

To add to DMB's list:

It's been really rainy here this morning. Though it dried up after lunch the grass could be a bit wet, so picnic rugs or at least something to sit on.

I have a map of Greenwich park and an A-Z of London.

I'm bringing a flask because I like my tea made the way I like it (stirred the right number of times and stupid stuff like that :lol:), but there are 5 cafe/eateries/coffee outlets around the park so you won't be too far from one.

Some identifying feature - AS book, name badge, pink hat etc.

Hiya peeps,

Thank you to all who have kindly Pm'ed me their mobile numbers in case I miss the meet up at noon....you guys are great!

And Bid, thanks for inspiring me to paint my toenails...they are drying as I write....

And Hev, you still didnt say why baddad needs a naughty step....

Clare, sugar, you had a change of heart yet? I'd like to meet you!

ddh

I've got all the alarm clocks in the house, set 5 mins apart and placed out of grabbing and throwing reach.

I've got my picnic, sadly not home-made as I'm run off my feet in the last week of term.

I've already bought MY ticket Baddad!

See you!

I've got all the alarm clocks in the house, set 5 mins apart and placed out of grabbing and throwing reach.

I've got my picnic, sadly not home-made as I'm run off my feet in the last week of term.

I've already bought MY ticket Baddad!

See you!

I've done none of those things. And I'm normally the organised one. But I'll be there, I'm just a bit worried about it.

I'm guessing this means you haven't found The BatCave, then!! :devil::ph34r::lol:

The Batcave? Hmm, colour me confused :unsure: but intrigued!

ddh looking for Batcave :robbie:

I'm as ready as I'm going to be! Leaving here about 9 tonight heading down to Essex where I'll be starting from in the morning. See you all tomorrow :bounce:

Have a fab time everyone. Say hello to Greenwich for me, used to me mine and dh's old stomping ground. :wub:

Have fun all. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Guest Lya of the Nox

have made orange cake, choccy cake and raisin and oatmeal cookies

anything else???

x

anything else???

x

No, that sounds nutritionally balanced to me.

anything else???

x

Bagsy a seat next to Lya............ :whistle::eat::D

.........now, the important stuff......... shall i go for purpley-pink toenails, or deeeep purple toe nails, or light pink toenails, or blue (I kid-ye-not :P ) toenails, or maybe greeeeen :curlers:. And what toe ring to wear? big sparklie silver one, or little sparklie silver one, or blue and silver sparklie one, or, or, or, or..........................

I think i'll ask M to decide for me - he's the sensible one around here............... :rolleyes::lol:

Think i'll have on something or other tunic-ey, and blue cardi, blue jeans (maybe light, maybe dark denim)......................probably, maybe, just off to check washing basket........ :wacko:

:partytime:

You have mentioned 5 colours or shades, and you have ten toes( barring accidents)

There is a logical solution that will make you easy to identify, if you do the maths!