forbsay

Have decided to take asd son out of nightime nappies

Well, I have made the decision re the title. Mattress protector is on the sheet. We have been having chats about what he needs to do if he needs the toilet during the night.

Wish us luck - think we will need it!

Forbsay

My little boy does not like being wet either. Also he has the incentive of getting another new bus. He calls it an aeroplane bus - to me and you this is a bus for airport transfers :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi,Good luck ,hope it all goes well.I am also doing this with my asd son and my other 3 and a half year old son, we have done this for two nights so far and both were dry for both nights.

Yeh, i am just going to take each day as it goes as it is a major thing for him.

Still got to go through the same process with my 4 year old little girl......... but one step at a time!

He's on a roll - that's fantastic news - will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Take care,

Jb

Hi May I ask how old is your son? just my 7 yr old AS son is still in pull ups at bedtime. Think he will be for a long time. He is just soaking by the morning despite going to the toilet last thing and I mean last thing as doesn't settle till about 11 and somtimes his bedding is wet too come morning! good on you for doing it, hope it all works out well!! will be loads cheaper. I know they are all different, I have 2 others kids and my youngest who is 3 has been done since 2 months before turning 3, he is nearly 4 now.

Hello

He is 7. When i started to toilet train him - i would explain that when he drank something, it would go into his tummy and then he would go to the toilet. That is what clicked for him I personally don't think he was ready before now to try the no nappies at night time. I just put him in his boxer shorts. I have also given him an incentive for a new bus.

Hi Liz

Have been thinking about your post. My little boy used to wake up soaking in the morning as well - however, in the past wee while he was either dry and or just damp and there is where I took the lead to take him out of pull ups.

He was dry again last night.

Take care

Forbsay

Edited by forbsay

Hi thanx forbsay.

Matthew's pull ups tend to be soaking. we decided once before to try but within just an hour he had soaked the bed! not too bothered will again some day lol

is it still going ok with your son?

Well, I've uncrossed my eyes, but my fingers and toes are staying crossed for the next fortnight!

It's a great start, and you now know that he can do it so far, and you were right to risk it.

Well done you!

My thinking about my son is that he will do things when he is ready to do it. In the past, I have told that to the professionals and they have agreed with me.

thats brilliant, i knew my son wasnt ready to come out of nappies when his freinds were but i just waited till i thought he was ready too and he has been fine since then. Well done :notworthy:

Yah well done him :thumbs: ...... sounds as though you better start counting your pennies for his new 'airplane bus'.

Louise

The airport bus is a limited edition----------- went to shop yesterday and they had none. He selected another Edinburgh bus instead. Though i can get the airport bus on the internet :notworthy:

I do feel a bit proud of myself. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction. M's face lights up when I ask him who is out of nappies now - which is priceless!

Edited by forbsay

I do feel a bit proud of myself. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction. M's face lights up when I ask him who is out of nappies now - which is priceless!

Awwwww bless him, such special heart touching moments aren't they, that really only us Mum's feel.

Yes do feel proud of yourself, you certainly did the right thing at the right time, think you'll find all your cyber friends on here are proud of you too.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x