hev

steven needs help

i am going tomorrow to my local hospital with steven to demand help for his mental health,he put a knife up against my throat and went to hit me with a glass bottle,cahms are useless,i dont really know where else to go for help,any ideas?im close to breaking point now and i think he has more than aspergers,this is v hard,i just dont know what to do

I think when children as young as your son is showing violent acts such as using weapons it really does need further assessment and taking him to the A+E you could ask for an assessment under the mental health act and an emergancy psychiatrist will have to decide weather he needs detaining under a certain section, this road is not an easy road as it can also result in emergancy treatment that could involve psychotic medications, I think I would be very fearful if a child was using knifes and bottles so you are right to seek immediate attention, I am so sorry that your having a really hard time with steven, I would of reported him to the police but this doesnt really help them, just gets them into the wrong system, but I would have no hesitation if he became a threat so I know you will have to consider this in the meantime who can also request an assessment.

Its not going to be an easy road what ever you d, it does sound like he has a form of a conduct disorder that can accompany AS, but what ever you do one thing you cant do is ignore the violent outbursts as it will one day go too far, even further than steve could ever emagine, in some way his level of aggression he is saying please someone take control because I cant.

I really hope that you can get some help, I had to resort to a private psychologist when J became violent with me, for us this has helped emensly.

Anyway I really do have to go to bed now but I will pray to god that some hope and light comes to you very soon.

Night Night and god bless to you and stevie.

JsMum

You must be emotionally exhausted Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

I hope that the hospital is helpful and will support you.

We have a private psyche and we can claim nearly all the amount back now on Medicare (govt rebate) which is good, (it costs an arm and a leg).

Have some more of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Eva

Good luck at the hospital. Just a though...has he become more aggressive since the Epilepsy or the E meds?

A x

Oh Hev you poor thing, i have been down this road many times with Nick, i know just how ou feel, it is very frighening having a knife put to your throat. I went to A&E with Nick the last time and they refused to medicate him, they said we had to wait and see camhs who are usless!!! Nick is now on drugs to help with anxiety, as they say this is the cause, but he still gets very violent. What caused Steve to do it? if he is anyting like Nick probably something very minor!!.

Hang on in there honey, you are not alone although i know you feel like you are. At least you have got your place at residential school, which will give you a break, its not long till sept. Do you think steve is anxious about giong to school and is taking it out on you ?. I think a large bottle of wine is needed for you & me. >:D<<'> >:D<

My daughter was put on meds for her violence and it has helped.

I don't think any of us like the idea though including the professionals but we all have a right to live our lives without violence in it and I'm sure Steven would rather not be violent.

Good luck. Thinking of you. xx

Hev,you ok?

Has anyone heard from Hev, she's not logged on since!

Worrying about you girlie!

A x

I can't text or phone, don't know her new number since she lost her mobile. Hope your ok Hev, thinking of you hun, and good luck Smiley, hope you manage to make contact.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope it can be sorted and you get some help Hev.

My son had a turn the other day and came at me and his sister with a snooker cue..then barricaded himself in his room ranting and raveing then attempted to leg it out the house id have loved to have said go on ###### of get lost but of course you cant id to wrestle him back into the house not easy when hes five foot 11 and 13 with a rageing temper.he calmed down and was as right as pie againe apparently his dinner hadnt been served up to his exact speciafications.If id a gun id blood shoot him.

What people dont realise is that as some of these kids get bigger and stronger you have absolutly no way to controll them physically more so if there a big strapping teenage lad and youre a five foot 5 mum you try to tell them to stop but there that busy ranting and yelling they dont hear you its just damage limitation half the time hopeing today isnt the day they actually carry out the threat to knife you.

Luckily for me my sons outburst are few and far between but still scarey.i try not to provoke him through fear hell get the upper hand and ill come of worse.

Sorry ive gone on sometimes it just pours out.

I keep saying this Hev but its got to get easier i keep thinking it teenage hormones,boys,and aspergers and itll pass eventually.

sorry!!!!!!!

i went to blackpool for 5 days on monday and got back late last night

steven has calmed down since last incident,couldnt get an appt with anyone last saturday,the only hospital is for adults with problems like steven

im hoping and praying that residential will help him,it seems there is no where else for us to turn,my cahms are rubbish so im lost as what to do

Good to see you back hev. >:D<<'>

I hope Blackpool was OK and you've left it neat and tidy for the rest of us. ;)

K x

I wasn't worried.

Anyone who ate an entire, family-sized Gypsy Tart would need several days to sleep it off. :eat:

And next time you push off for an extended naughty week-end, tell someone you bad girl. :shame:

I've got enough worries without adding a Virtual Teenager to them.

:lol::lol:

i think smileys gonna tell me off :o oh fancy you being worried about me,thats very very sweet of you

blackpool was lovely,just my kind of place :dance::dance:

im planning weekend away with suziegirl,will wear my kiss me quick hat and do a massive pub crawl,i will tell you when im going pearl so you can either avoid blckpool that wkend or join me :lol::lol:

steve was horrendous,ran off in blackpool and i was worried sick,never ever again am i taking mr steven away,i say it every year but i mean it this time!!

i think smileys gonna tell me off :o oh fancy you being worried about me,thats very very sweet of you

blackpool was lovely,just my kind of place :dance::dance:

im planning weekend away with suziegirl,will wear my kiss me quick hat and do a massive pub crawl,i will tell you when im going pearl so you can either avoid blckpool that wkend or join me :lol::lol:

Hev, you have GOT to go to Funny Girls if its adults only. Never been myself but some of my mates have, its a transvestite bar & cabaret & is supposed to be fab!