pearl

JP starts work tomorrow!

He seems fine at the mo, my tummy is starting to do somersaults!

Its not proper work this first week, he's in a training room with the other apprentices doing his induction course, & will start his placement in Legal on friday afternoon.

Lots of good vibes please! :pray:

Awww,,,can imagine how you feel, a mixture of excitement and mummy nerves >:D<<'>

Sincerely hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will..you're probably more nervous than JP >:D<<'>

I'll keep all fingers and toes crossed :)

Thanks all, I have shown him the messages. We are keeping busy today clearing the living room ready for decorating & he's been on a bike ride too.

He swallows lots of air when he's anxious. I'll leave you to imagine the results.....

Hello JP! >:D<<'>

Best of Luck for your new start tomorrow, I'm sure you'll be great......you seem to be very talented in everything you do! :clap::notworthy:

Have a good day and knock em dead (not literally! :lol: ), you're very clever and your employers are lucky to have you! :)

Be Cool! B)

Lisa xx

Good Luck to JP for tomorrow. Hope it all goes well for him. Take it a day at a time. He'll do great. Best Wishes

Edited by madme

He didnt sleep much last night (I was fine once I tore myself away from here) and went off like a condemned man this morning. Didnt help that he'd planned to walk in but forecast so bad we gave him a lift instead.

We are both on leave this next 2 weeks so are on tap to respond to his needs (oh & decorate the living room as well)

The house is so quiet, he's been home since June & it feels strange without him. Also, his days off from college coincided with mine so its been over a year. Once mr pearl returns to work I will actually have a little time to myself on my days off. Wow.

Well, his first day is over & it seemed to go OK!

I was fully expecting him to be tired & grumpy but he arrived home bright & cheerful, when I asked him what he'd been doing he said with a big grin "just the usual" which is what he'd said to me every single day he was at college! :lol:

Had his tea, got changed & drove himself to Taekwondo so he must have felt lively enough. Is now chilling out watching TV.

He has told me very little, I'm jumping up & down with frustration as I want to know EVERYTHING, but I'm assuming no news is good news, I'd know if he was upset & unhappy & he clearly isn't.

Early days, but :thumbs: so far.

That's brill - glad he seems to have had a gd day even if you haven't had all the details!! Let's hope it carries on as well for him :rolleyes:

I know Lisa, in SOME ways he's a typical teen!

He's the oldest apprentice there, which is good (I think) :unsure:

He was team leader in one of the tasks but did everything himself! Oh dear.

Anyways none of this is real, it all changes when he starts his placement & proper work!

A bit tired & grumpy when he got home today, but more because the house is in chaos with the decorating than anything. He hates things out of place. Perked up once he'd got some food inside him, & we did a bit of work on his folder later on, answering q's about ambitions & experience.

I'm the oldest apprentice, but the quietest, he said. Well he never shuts up at home!

Thanks Baggy. I'm on edge till he gets in each afternoon & I find out how he is. V similar to the Scots mums posting about back to school!

Just back from parents & apprentice's reception at city hall.

We met the mayor!

All the sparkly lovers amongst you would have adored it - we got to see all the bling, mayors chain worth �300,000 set with diamonds & rubies. One of the apprentices got to try it on & one of the mums got to try on the mayoress's �40,000 chain. Unfortunately it wasn't us or I'd be posting pics right now!

Some stats for you:

256 applied

184 tested

21 interviewed

6 appointed

I had no idea.

Our city hall has a long, long tradition of taking on apprentices - and JP is the latest.

Incredibly moving.

Starts his placement in Legal tomorrow afternoon.

:thumbs:

Ooh no I'm useless at the stuff he's good at like maths & IT

I can however spot a sale bargain at 50 paces, & my knowledge of Jonny Depp is unrivalled B)