pearl

End of Week 2!!!!!!

JP's first "proper" week at work, & it has gone well!

He's walked in a couple of times but came home with blisters as his trainers are new, so we've been giving him lifts while we've been on leave.

He's been doing basic office stuff like opening & stamping the post, adding up cheques, filing, & taking the post to the postroom. Clocks in & out!

He's been arriving home tired & grumpy with low blood sugar but once fed, his usual cheerful self, which I really wasnt expecting.

Then yesterday I got an email from his apprenticeship supervisor - she said he's off to a great start, is picking up things easily, asks for more work when he's finished & is getting on well with everyone. Nice of her to let me know as she guessed he wouldnt tell me much.

He's just put his name down for the office Christmas meal at an Italian restaurant. He said, I dont think I'll go out drinking afterwards though :lol:

Happy mummy here :D

That's absolutely brilliant JP and Pearl :clap: :clap: :groupwave: :groupwave:

And putting his name down for the Christmas social?! - that sort of thing scared the hell out of me when I started work and was one of my major downfalls when I didn't go out with the other staff, so if he can go, that would be brilliant.

Blisters aren't nice - you'll either have to buy him several packs of blister plasters or a car!!! :lol:

With the blood sugar thing - I know I can be really grumpy if I don't eat regularly. Could you perhaps arrange it with his supervisor that say mid-afternoon he has a small snack (they'd do it for diabetic employees, so it shouldn't be a problem) - it could make a real difference particularly if the work load gets heavier/it gets colder and there is more flu etc about (I find something like a dry fruit and nut mix good - easy to transport and a good source of energy) :eat:.

Thanks Mumble & Brooke >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hmm, blister plasters or car??? Well he's a working man now he can buy his own! :lol:

Socials scare the hell out of me too but I make myself do the bare minimum (comfort zone thingy again) Got v drunk at the last one & posted on another forum when trying to sober up in an (I'm told) hilarious state of inebriation, ask Lisa! :wine: If JP is as lightweight as me he's best avoiding the demon booze! :devil:

Thing is, he likes Italian food, and he does like chatting, so he simply wouldnt worry about it :notworthy:

It took us YEARS to realise that many of his meltdowns were caused by low blood sugar. Since then he has at all times carried dried apricots round with him for emergencies. Trouble is with so much going on he simply forgets to eat. He does have an afternoon break so I'll keep reminiding him. I'm sure he'll improve as he gets used to everything.

Well done JP, and to his supervisor for going that little bit further than required! It really sounds as if they are appreciating him properly.

It's always my first thought, when B starts being irritable..when did he last eat, and what was it?

Like Hobbits, if we're going anywhere for a long day, he has First breakfast, Second breakfast and Elevenses.

He can then manage 'til evening meal!

I also avoid alcohol unless with friends who understand me and can be forgiving. Too much and I get ...friendly. And spout poetry and Shakespeare...and talk tooooo much.

Happy days, long, long ago.

I plan on being a disgraceful OAP.

Ooh Bard I'd love a night out with you, two of us being embarrassing would be much better for both of us! :cheers:

My friends are too very sensible :rolleyes:

fantastic news. :clap:

B gets grumpy with low blood sugar too, but i thought he just got it from his dad.

Yup dads are ALWAYS to blame :lol: Mr pearl gets it too as did his father (both v Aspie) dont know whether its an Aspie thing or not but is certainly a factor in JP's meltdowns.

Ooh Bard I'd love a night out with you, two of us being embarrassing would be much better for both of us! :cheers:

My friends are too very sensible :rolleyes:

Lets have a raucous weekend in Stratford. We can pretend we are actors, and go round teasing American tourists.

:wine::lol:

Thanks Mumble & Brooke >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hmm, blister plasters or car??? Well he's a working man now he can buy his own! :lol:

Socials scare the hell out of me too but I make myself do the bare minimum (comfort zone thingy again) Got v drunk at the last one & posted on another forum when trying to sober up in an (I'm told) hilarious state of inebriation, ask Lisa! :wine: If JP is as lightweight as me he's best avoiding the demon booze! :devil:

Thing is, he likes Italian food, and he does like chatting, so he simply wouldnt worry about it :notworthy:

It took us YEARS to realise that many of his meltdowns were caused by low blood sugar. Since then he has at all times carried dried apricots round with him for emergencies. Trouble is with so much going on he simply forgets to eat. He does have an afternoon break so I'll keep reminiding him. I'm sure he'll improve as he gets used to everything.

Wow! Well Done to JP! :clap:

Pearl, I hope you have signed up for this years Crimble party....You are a absolute hoot when sober but you totally excel yourself when drunk!

Pleees du it juste four mea, Uu ara lufflee drunc! :lol: Alcohol and Forums do not mix! :P

Alcohol and Forums do not mix!

Well clearly, in my case, they do! :lol:

Thanks Lisa >:D<<'>

Bard, name time & place, I'll be there. I'll carry a rolled up copy of The Merry Wives of Windsor so you can recognise me.

Lets have a raucous weekend in Stratford. We can pretend we are actors, and go round teasing American tourists.

:wine::lol:

Can I come? I promise to be good!! I'll try and keep you both out of too much trouble :wine::lol:

Can I come? I promise to be good!! I'll try and keep you both out of too much trouble :wine::lol:

Of course you can!

*tries to think of a Shakespeare play title involving 3 people*

*fails miserably*

oh well we can make our own up

Been talking to JP tonight, he was telling me he finds this transition far easier than the transition to college, he's less tired & finds the work easier :thumbs:

His first week in college he once fell asleep on the toilet! :o

Good that they are bringing him on gently.

Of course you can!

*tries to think of a Shakespeare play title involving 3 people*

*fails miserably*

oh well we can make our own up

We can be the three witches from Macbeth :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hubble, Bubble, toil and trouble, fire burn and couldren bubble and that's not quite right is it?? :lol:

It was three witches, wasn't it? :unsure:

We can be the three witches from Macbeth :devil: :devil: :devil:

Hubble, Bubble, toil and trouble, fire burn and couldren bubble and that's not quite right is it?? :lol:

It was three witches, wasn't it? :unsure:

Doh! Yes it was, why didnt I think of that?

Well we'll know what food to order at the restaurant. We'll take our own cauldron :lol:

Well we'll know what food to order at the restaurant. We'll take our own cauldron :lol:

I'll have to think up some vegetarian alternatives; wool of bat should be OK, but snake fillets, newt eyes, frogs toes and dog tongue are unacceptable.

tofu, grapes, pretzels and a Quorn substitute for tongue? :sick:

We'll aso have to decide between us Pearl. Mumble's the maid, so which of us is mother, and which is crone?

We'll have to have a cackling competition.

I'll have to think up some vegetarian alternatives; wool of bat should be OK, but snake fillets, newt eyes, frogs toes and dog tongue are unacceptable.

tofu, grapes, pretzels and a Quorn substitute for tongue? :sick:

We'll aso have to decide between us Pearl. Mumble's the maid, so which of us is mother, and which is crone?

We'll have to have a cackling competition.

*tries to cackle in text*

How on earth do you 'spell' cackling noises?! :rolleyes::lol:

Can we leave out the frogs' toes please? I'm rather partial to frogs in their live state (or furry ones which were never alive) and really don't want to eat them. :(

Oh, and whatever substitute we go for, can we have them all in separate piles rather than mixed together in a cauldron!! :rolleyes:

We really seem to have thread deviation down to a fine art - sorry JP!! :lol:

Thanks Soraya & Hev!

Its amazing the things you dont think of till they happen. He got up at 5.30 am today :o to build up some flexi. He walks into work & wanted to get back early for taekwondo. As I was driving into work at 8.15 I spotted him walking home. Rang as soon as I got in, I forgot my pass, he said. It simply never occurred to him to ask at reception, theyd have given him a temp one. So I persuaded him to get the bus in (he really didnt want to as he's not used to it yet) & ring me for a lift home. Oh well he wont do that again!

Thanks for the link pumpkinpie, looks interesting, I shall have a browse. I wonder if Canopus knows about it.

I already know about this and have their contact details. I would like to meet this remarkable 17 year old but he lives quite a long way away. He got 3 A grades in his AS Levels this year.

I thought you would! :D

OK he rang for a lift home....

but he rang my mobile, which is switched off when I am at work in the library else I have to fine myself if it goes off.

I wasnt thinking straight, he said.

So he walked home. (Past several bus stops) Then went to taekwondo.

I make that about 7 miles he's done today, why dont I just send him to work down a mine & have done with it? :lol:

Poor lad is dead to the world now.