baddad

AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

AAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Just booked for me and Ben to go and see one of my favourite bands in the whole wide world EVER at a venue less than 20 minutes from my home!

It's only

PRIMAL - FREAKIN' - SCREAM!!!!!

Do I sound excited? :clap::clap::clap:

Cost me an arm and a leg (and that's with Ben getting in free 'cos he's under 12), but i deserve it :)

It's an all day event - with a HUGE line-up... headlining is Neil Young, which is good but i wouldn't have bought tickets (sorry, NY if you're about!) but then it's

Also on the bill in the 'not to be sniffed at categories:

Supergrass

The Guillemotts

Rufus Wainwright

and in the unknown quantity category:

My Morning Jacket?

Laura Marling?

and in the could be interesting category:

Carbon/Silicon

and in the 'I hope they're better live' category:

Everest...

this more than makes up for not being able to get tickets for Radio One in Maidstone

Madonna? Pah! this is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pthi1WXqc3A...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gOYVrKwsXo...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6gH_vqs4w...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvzI9AqeIog...feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru423Lwj-5k

:thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy::thumbs::thumbs:

Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lucky, lucky, lucky you!! :clap:

I'm getting the impression your a tad excited?? :lol:

Have loads and loads and loads of fun!

(I'm still trying to persuade peeps to come along to guildfest :D )

Calm down chicken, or you'll give yourself a funny turn. Got to be careful at your age, you know.

Hope you boys have a lovely time. When is it?

Karen

x

Calm down chicken, or you'll give yourself a funny turn. Got to be careful at your age, you know.

Hope you boys have a lovely time. When is it?

Karen

x

6th July - so only a couple of weeks to wait :clap::clap:

Talking of funny turns, they've got 'The Mighty Boosh' Festival (?????????) on the day before :wacko:

They don't really do it for me, but they've got ross noble and the guy from 'flight of the conchords' on with them, and The charlatans and Jarvis Cocker and (for all you numanoids out there) the eighties aspie legend himself!

I'm amazed - something decent happening in tunbridge wells. Who'd a thunked it!

Mind you, I hope the town's contingent of UCT's don't take over...

"Get your rorks orf get your rorks orf, Hennair" doersn't have quite the same ring to it :lol:

Chas and Dave are there too, hev... they're in charge of portaloo maintenance "I've got my spear and a bog-brush here, I don't care if they go round here"...

:D

have an awesum time,,,i am a glasto veteran and went for years,,,think im too old now ha ha,,,warrenpenalver i saw pink floyd in 1994 in paris,,,,,what a brilliant show it was,,my hubby so jealous ha ha we are massive floyd fans and have bout 23 albums ,,,,,i love music ,i had the new radiohead cd last week its awesum cos it got all the old stuff on,,,,,,oh wat fun u will have enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Enjoy it! :thumbs:

So what if you have to live on bread and water for a month, some things are more important in life. :D

K x

Way to go Ben and BD :thumbs::notworthy::clap::clap: what a hoot.

Have fun. Whoo hoo!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says Ben and BD.

Enjoy. The best part about a live concert, the music is so LOUD!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran x :D

have an awesum time,,,i am a glasto veteran and went for years,,,think im too old now ha ha,,,warrenpenalver i saw pink floyd in 1994 in paris,,,,,what a brilliant show it was,,my hubby so jealous ha ha we are massive floyd fans and have bout 23 albums ,,,,,i love music ,i had the new radiohead cd last week its awesum cos it got all the old stuff on,,,,,,oh wat fun u will have enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Pink Floyd were the first band I ever went to see at Earl's Court in 1980, You may as well start at the top and work down.....Awesome show but I was absolutely miles from the stage and wish I had bought binoculars with me!

I also saw Pink Floyd at Wembley Stadium and Roger Waters solo at Wemley Arena in the 1980's.

Simon

I was at Reading a couple of times in the 1980's, but I think it was '84 and '85. Saw Hawkwind (With Lemmy!) , Alice Cooper, Staus Quo (Very dull!), the Stranglers, the Enid and various others that I have since forgotten.

Seen Hawkwind loads of times, but not for many years.

Simon

Ooooh, Simon...THE ENID!!!

I loved them, saw them loads of times :thumbs: Do you remember they always did a bizarre version of 'Wild Thing' as their encore? :wacko:

I have the dubious distinction of phoning home from a pay phone at Reading Rock to get my O level results in 1982! :o:shame::lol:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Flight of the Conchords - dead jealous now Badders.

Karen

x

No! I'm NOT going to that one - that's the day before! :rolleyes:

I merely mentioned it as an indication that Tunbridge Wells was finally looking outside of the Assembly Hall and The Forum (as rubbished by Lauren Laverne on T4 because it's a converted toilet... seriously, it is a converted toilet, but a very posh, rotunda style public toilet as befits a Royal spa town!) as music venues and therefore presenting some decent events...

(Hawkwind got banned in Tunbridge Wells because the robust 'dancer' (stripper) they lugged around with them offended the sensibilities of the nobs... what a bunch of nobs!)

On the plus side, we do have a perimeter fence around the town with 24hr armed guards to ensure that Chas & Dave can't get in : (I've got my riot gear and my Kalashnikov here, I don't care if they come round here) :devil:

Edited by baddad

AND I hear from my Yoof Contact (AKA Boy Blunder at work) that Led Zep may be playing another date next year!!! :o:o:bounce: :bounce:

I'm going to start saving now 'cos I missed them last time :crying:

I'm trying to persuade BB to let me go with him :devil::devil:

Oooooooohhhhhhh, Led Zep really would be one to get excited over! Iconic or wot! :lol:

Maybe we could organise a Forum Old Hippies/Rockers Outing to the gig?? :clap::dance::bounce:

Smileeeey??? Siiimon?? Anyone else? :wacko::lol:

Edited by bid

Maybe we could organise a Forum Old Hippies/Rockers Outing to the gig?? :clap::dance::bounce:

Smileeeey??? Siiimon?? Anyone else? :wacko::lol:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

YAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! :clap::D:dance:

Hope you and Ben have a fabby, woop woop time tomorrow!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Have you got your festival gear out of moth balls?? :lol:;)

Fesitival gear? I'm just wearing jeans and a T,shirt...

Agggggggghhhhhhhhh I hope the coughing isn't too bad tomorrow and we can find somewhere dry to stand but I am Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! :dance::dance:

I listened to 'Extrmntr' on the way to shopping and 'Evil heat' on the way back from shopping... am i ready to rock or wot! I think they might have a new album coming out 'cos they're on Wossy next week too, so I hope if they have ita all retro extrmntr/evil heat style stuff (the straight stuffs great too, but the electronica is sonica)... everybody please wish for good wevver, and that Ben can cope with the crowds as ell as he thinks he can and wants to... if push comes to shove, PS are on 2nd to last and NY is due on stage at 9- ish, so we can lose ourself somewhere at the back for the other acts if we have to and skip off as PS finish (sorry NY!)

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*nods happily* :thumbs:

*goes to find batik T shirt*

Me too, and I'm wearing my Cropredy batik T shirt as I type!

Have a great day Baddad and Ben :thumbs:

Don't forget the sunblock. Can still get burnt on a cloudy day.

Hope the weather is good. Panadol, ear muffs, :lol: :lol:

Typical female, take everything but the kitchen sink.

Enjoy.

sounds increidble.

laura marling is fantastic actually.

I'm seeeing mani and such djing at the wickerman festival

It was Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr8!

Damp, but great!

We found out expensive waterproof clothes aren't always waterproof, but bin-liners are! useful tip...

The sun came out for primal scream :thumbs::thumbs: , but sadly they only did an hour. Great hour, though!

Ben enjoyed it - didn't need his ear plugs - but flagged halfway through Neil Young. That said, I wasn't too fussed 'cos for me it was PS that mattered. Ben really liked the Guillemots too...

Had forgotten what A*******s 19 year old boys were though - and why is it always the small, ferrety, pop-eyed pasty one who wants to start a fight with someone but then disappears when all his much bigger mates wade in?

Also, when did this tents and fold up chairs in the 'mosh-pit' start? If i do it again next year I'm gonnna take a flamethrower and incinerate anything bigger than a picnic rug that gets within a quarter mile of the stage. No objection to peeps taking tents, but if they wanna go camping they should do it in the camping area instead of wanting cake and eat it :wallbash: