Hello, i just got a letter through the post today from Xfactor and i have an audition Tuesday 5th May at 9am, London. Look out for me my name begins with a letter K and my surname begins with an S.

It is great news!

Good luck with that - you're very brave! :D

janine

ok thanks you very much. if i did get through i wanted to be a chance to help raise awareness about autism as still there is very little understanding. anyway also to show that i dont let my autism and learning difficulties get in the way of things im good at.

hi

that is brill news my fav program as well good luck give simon cowel a hug from me

takecare

theresa xx

That is fantastic - i'll be looking out for you!! What type of music do you sing? I'm really interested because OJ will be wanting to audition when he's old enough and he is exactly the same - raising awareness of his needs and showing that you can still achieve inspite of the problems.

Good for you!!!!

Stella xx

no problem im sure u r goin really enjoy the experience and i wanna hear all about it afterwards pleassssssssseee

gooodluck again

love donnaxxxxxx

Bet you can't wait -this is so exciting - good luck and enjoy,

Take care,

Jb x

yes im very excited not feeling nervous feeling confident i have been practising for few years but professionals who i sing with are going to give there opinions and if i need to take my voice down or up and stuff so it sounds right

Hey how exciting....good luck, I just heard from a friend that she too has an audition, she'll be in the over 25's group :)

Good luck and keep us posted

Clare x x x

it will spoil it if i tell you what song i will sing. what will 19 year olds be in? i will be part of soloist category. so im KS. I suppose you want my real name to look out for because initials may not be enough for u?

That's great news - very well done >:D<<'>

shall be watching for you and routing for you to go further :thumbs:

Would it be worth asking the x-factor people for an assistant? I'd have thought they'd have to cater for different disabilities?

Would it be worth asking the x-factor people for an assistant? I'd have thought they'd have to cater for different disabilities?

they havent contacted me, im also aware that swine flu is over there because 2 girls have got it there and im scared to it.

I'm guessing you'd need to contact them & explain your needs - worth a try, you've been so excited about this?

As for swine flu, you are talking to someone who is going to Rome in a couple of weeks, so of course theres an earthquake near there isn't there :whistle: .... just ask yourself, what are the chances of catching it ... infinitesimal. Do hope you get something sorted >:D<<'>

I'm guessing you'd need to contact them & explain your needs - worth a try, you've been so excited about this?

As for swine flu, you are talking to someone who is going to Rome in a couple of weeks, so of course theres an earthquake near there isn't there :whistle: .... just ask yourself, what are the chances of catching it ... infinitesimal. Do hope you get something sorted >:D<<'>

every phone call it happens with answermachine messages weeks and weeks ago left them message with my number and no one contacted me. swine flu is dangerous though it has already killed 80 in mexico, some in neazealand, some in scotland, some have it in london.

swine flu is undoubtably dangerous, but unfortunately its not something you're going to be able to avoid. thats the nature of a pandemic. its not disimilar to the problelm some people had after the New York and London terrorist attacks. you have to continue your normal life, follow the government advice and hope for the best.

perhaps ask about local charities, churches, etc. for someone who would be able to support you on your trip? it would be a shame to miss out if anything can be done.

swine flu is undoubtably dangerous, but unfortunately its not something you're going to be able to avoid. thats the nature of a pandemic. its not disimilar to the problelm some people had after the New York and London terrorist attacks. you have to continue your normal life, follow the government advice and hope for the best.

perhaps ask about local charities, churches, etc. for someone who would be able to support you on your trip? it would be a shame to miss out if anything can be done.

swine flu is a killer if it is up level 6.

i tried every where for weeks and give up so no im not going its too late its next week.

As for swine flu, you are talking to someone who is going to Rome in a couple of weeks, so of course theres an earthquake near there isn't there :whistle:

At last, the first bit of common sense I've heard in a long time about Swine Flu (otherwise know as, as some contributer to the paper this morning made, which made me laugh on the train, the past tense of 'pigs might fly' :lol:)

As of this morning's paper (I haven't seen anything else today so forgive me if something major has happened and I am wrong) 3 people have tested positive. That's three out of a population in Great Britain of over 60 million, or a 5x10-6% chance of having it (and even then only if you have been travelling to an infected part) - even if it's more than 3, you're still talking similar odds given the numbers involved. You've got a far better chance of having all sorts of medical things, being hit by a flying pig, attacked by sharks or even 'catching' autism than that! And all are being successfully treated. I'm not denying the problem in other countries (although it still isn't vast - (again as of this morning) only one person is thought to have got it from human to human contact I think? :unsure:), but it helps no-one to go into panic mode.

I would like to point out that I am however taking on board the concerns of other people and I am doing my bit to ensure the spread of pig flu is limited - today I had a bacon buttie for brekkie :eat:, a BLT sandwich for lunch :eat1: and I've just polished off a roast pork dinner - delicious :eat: That should mean that there's at least some less pig in the world to spread it's flu around. :ph34r:

At last, the first bit of common sense I've heard in a long time about Swine Flu (otherwise know as, as some contributer to the paper this morning made, which made me laugh on the train, the past tense of 'pigs might fly' :lol:)

As of this morning's paper (I haven't seen anything else today so forgive me if something major has happened and I am wrong) 3 people have tested positive. That's three out of a population in Great Britain of over 60 million, or a 5x10-6% chance of having it (and even then only if you have been travelling to an infected part) - even if it's more than 3, you're still talking similar odds given the numbers involved. You've got a far better chance of having all sorts of medical things, being hit by a flying pig, attacked by sharks or even 'catching' autism than that! And all are being successfully treated. I'm not denying the problem in other countries (although it still isn't vast - (again as of this morning) only one person is thought to have got it from human to human contact I think? :unsure:), but it helps no-one to go into panic mode.

I would like to point out that I am however taking on board the concerns of other people and I am doing my bit to ensure the spread of pig flu is limited - today I had a bacon buttie for brekkie :eat:, a BLT sandwich for lunch :eat1: and I've just polished off a roast pork dinner - delicious :eat: That should mean that there's at least some less pig in the world to spread it's flu around. :ph34r:

I like your take on life Mumble, go for it! (blimey you've got a healthy appetite!) :thumbs::thumbs:

At last, the first bit of common sense I've heard in a long time about Swine Flu (otherwise know as, as some contributer to the paper this morning made, which made me laugh on the train, the past tense of 'pigs might fly' :lol: )

As of this morning's paper (I haven't seen anything else today so forgive me if something major has happened and I am wrong) 3 people have tested positive. That's three out of a population in Great Britain of over 60 million, or a 5x10-6% chance of having it (and even then only if you have been travelling to an infected part) - even if it's more than 3, you're still talking similar odds given the numbers involved. You've got a far better chance of having all sorts of medical things, being hit by a flying pig, attacked by sharks or even 'catching' autism than that! And all are being successfully treated. I'm not denying the problem in other countries (although it still isn't vast - (again as of this morning) only one person is thought to have got it from human to human contact I think? :unsure: ), but it helps no-one to go into panic mode.

I would like to point out that I am however taking on board the concerns of other people and I am doing my bit to ensure the spread of pig flu is limited - today I had a bacon buttie for brekkie :eat: , a BLT sandwich for lunch :eat1: and I've just polished off a roast pork dinner - delicious :eat: That should mean that there's at least some less pig in the world to spread it's flu around. :ph34r:

well u can catch this flu of a people and they advise if got it not to go out of there homes

well u can catch this flu of a people

No. As yet (there is one case undergoing testing in Scotland) there have been no cases in the UK of human to human transmission. No-one has yet caught swine flu from another person (or from a pig) in this country. I would consider that a low risk.

Also, I think your audition is in Wales? Wales has had no reported cases at all. :thumbs: This is not a reason not to go - if it was an issue the show's producers would never go ahead as they will be getting updated information from the Health Protection Agency (who I can assure you, from having had a reportable condition myself, are very very thorough).

What else is stopping you going? Is it the support issue? Have you contacted them about this? What about people who support you on a day to day basis? Could someone help? I'm sure one of them would like the opportunity to meet some of the famous people (sorry, I don't know the names) who would be there. :):dance:

EDIT: Sorry, just read your original post - for some reason I thought it was in Cardiff, not London. Well I live in London and I can assure you there is nothing to worry about - One person out of over 7 million - you're more likely to win the lottery. We take risks everyday in everything we do - that's life and you just have to weigh up what's an acceptable risk and what's not and who the risk is to (yourself or others)

Cor... can you tell I've been lectured at by docs and psychs about risk and leading a full a life as possible a bit too much recently!!! :lol::wacko:

Edited by Mumble

No. As yet (there is one case undergoing testing in Scotland) there have been no cases in the UK of human to human transmission. No-one has yet caught swine flu from another person (or from a pig) in this country. I would consider that a low risk.

Also, I think your audition is in Wales? Wales has had no reported cases at all. :thumbs: This is not a reason not to go - if it was an issue the show's producers would never go ahead as they will be getting updated information from the Health Protection Agency (who I can assure you, from having had a reportable condition myself, are very very thorough).

What else is stopping you going? Is it the support issue? Have you contacted them about this? What about people who support you on a day to day basis? Could someone help? I'm sure one of them would like the opportunity to meet some of the famous people (sorry, I don't know the names) who would be there. :):dance:

EDIT: Sorry, just read your original post - for some reason I thought it was in Cardiff, not London. Well I live in London and I can assure you there is nothing to worry about - One person out of over 7 million - you're more likely to win the lottery. We take risks everyday in everything we do - that's life and you just have to weigh up what's an acceptable risk and what's not and who the risk is to (yourself or others)

Cor... can you tell I've been lectured at by docs and psychs about risk and leading a full a life as possible a bit too much recently!!! :lol::wacko:

stop bashing me and no my audition is not in wales. im not going to london alone wont people listen to me

stop bashing me and no my audition is not in wales. im not going to london alone wont people listen to me

Bashing? As in :fight:? I find that response a little harsh given that all I have tried to do, with a little humour, is reassure you that a)despite media scare-mongering swine-flu is not as dangerous as would appear and it would be perfectly safe for you to come to London and b)give some ideas (further to NobbyNobs useful list) of possibilities for support as I believe (and I'm happy to be told I am wrong) going on what you have said and my own experiences of having to travel to new places that the support issues may actually be more concerning to you and when you're feeling anxious like that it can be difficult to identify possible solutions, hence why I gave some.

As for it being in London not Cardiff, yes, I know, hence my edit (which by the time of your post you will have seen).

Bashing? As in :fight: ? I find that response a little harsh given that all I have tried to do, with a little humour, is reassure you that a)despite media scare-mongering swine-flu is not as dangerous as would appear and it would be perfectly safe for you to come to London and b)give some ideas (further to NobbyNobs useful list) of possibilities for support as I believe (and I'm happy to be told I am wrong) going on what you have said and my own experiences of having to travel to new places that the support issues may actually be more concerning to you and when you're feeling anxious like that it can be difficult to identify possible solutions, hence why I gave some.

As for it being in London not Cardiff, yes, I know, hence my edit (which by the time of your post you will have seen).

bashing means in my response hurting my feelings. jokes dont get taken well either. my penpal is in a country where there at a danger level. im not responding any more.

Bashing? As in :fight: ? I find that response a little harsh given that all I have tried to do, with a little humour, is reassure you that a)despite media scare-mongering swine-flu is not as dangerous as would appear and it would be perfectly safe for you to come to London and b)give some ideas (further to NobbyNobs useful list) of possibilities for support as I believe (and I'm happy to be told I am wrong) going on what you have said and my own experiences of having to travel to new places that the support issues may actually be more concerning to you and when you're feeling anxious like that it can be difficult to identify possible solutions, hence why I gave some.

also in my previous messages i mentioned that i have tried asking everyone i cant go and its dangerous to travel which mean unknownn places alone as im a vulnerable. this is closed now no more talking about this forgotten ok

In response to a request from the opening poster, I'm closing this topic. No one's done anything wrong, I hasten to add.

If anyone wants to discuss swine flu in general terms, please feel free to start another thread in Off Topic. :)

Kathryn