JsMum

I passed my Driving Test today!

I cant tell you how happy I am :D

Its taken a lot of revising and revising, and at one time I didnt think I could do it, as Ive failed quite a few!

However today I finally passed!

we went to the shops today and J even helped with putting the shopping in the boot.

It was great not having to carry heavy shopping home, as usually it is in the rain and walking as we often missed the bus!

Having a car is going to make those situations a lot better.

Its been an expensive task too, the money Ive spent we could of been to disney in America! but we knew we had to keep on trying and J wouldnt let me give up!

I cant believe I did it.

JsMumxxxx

;)

Oh well done :thumbs: , that's fantastic news!

I passed two years ago and it's totally changed my life. Everything is so much easier when you have wheels :lol:

Give yourself a huge pat on the back because it's a great achievement. You should be very proud of yourself.

Karen

x

Thanks everyone, off out for a bit now, taking J to a soft play warehouse, Its going to be much easier driving him there, going to buy a Tom Tom navigation system so I know where I am going, its the one way systems that are throwing me.

Anyway thanks for your replies.

JsMumxxx

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:groupwave:

Well done!! - And just in time to become J's 'Taxi' as he becomes a teenager!! :wacko: :wacko:

Its taken a lot of revising and revising

Shouldn't that be 'reversing and reversing'? ;):lol:

Well done! :notworthy::thumbs:>:D<<'>

Know exactly how you feel - I failed loads, & have never calculated how much I spent on lessons.

A whole new world opens up now :thumbs:

Well done to you and to J :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Alexis (learning to drive currently)

Cor, well done :thumbs:

(Hopefully me too within a few months)

Update, Well I drived to my next town today, absaloutly scared to death, but I did it, I drove to the Halfords because I picked up the Sat Nav, they fitted it and showed me how to use it, I dont know how I would of coped on the way back home as the weather was terrible, rain and it was also dark, I was absaloutly terrified, its a lot different driving soley with no instructer or examiner, but the sat nav was a god send, keeping in the right lane, and giving me early directions, I spent a bit more on the sat nav and bought the IQ as its the newest model.

By heck its scary stuff this passing your test!

JsMumxxxx

Hiya

Fantastic! Well done you.

Your confidence will grow with time and before long, you won't give it a second thought about unfamiliar journeys, busy roads, road marking, etc.

Caroline.

Edited by cmuir

Congratulations, I failed 7 times and changed instructors now and still learning, had to take another theory as the last one had expired... its a very dear as well. :thumbs:

Congratulations, I failed 7 times and changed instructors now and still learning, had to take another theory as the last one had expired... its a very dear as well. :thumbs:

Just keep trying, I thought I was never going to pass too, J wouldnt let me give up, the expence is an issue so I do understand, but that money will soon get swallowed up in keeping a car once you have passed, just keep chugging a way at it, you will pass one day, so dont give up.

I had to have a private personal driving instructer so I didnt go with a driving school but family fund help with driving lessons and tests if you go with their aproved driving school bsm, so do look into the family fund, so anyone out their with a child with special needs and learning to drive is a issue remember family fund will help you with driving lessons.

JsMumxxxx

Edited by JsMum

Hi Jsmum

Well done!! Learning to drive is one of the best things I've ever done. Freedom (well, if you can afford the petrol that is...)

:thumbs::clap::D

Thanks mandapanda tell me about the cost of petrol, already had to fill the car again, hoping 20 quid will last me a bit longer this time, Im grounded anyway with all the ice, Im no way going out in this weather just having passed.

Some more great news my new licence came today, that feels really official now that I have received the new red licence. :thumbs:

JsMumxxx

Edited by JsMum