Sign in to follow this  
Jadensmum

Our cat died

:crying::crying:

Our 1 year old cat Florrie died yesterday after being attacked by 2 dogs who were let loose.

I am so upset I can't stop crying - but this situation has made me kind of grateful (maybe not grateful but not sure of the right word to use) that Jaden is the way he is as he does not even realise Florrie isn't here anymore. Life hasn't changed for him as he didn't acknowledge her anyway! :rolleyes:

He also sees me upset but doesn't realise I am upset or crying. He is just being his "normal" self.

So I just have to cope with myself blubbering!!!

Denisex

Hi Denise,

I'm so sorry about your little cat. Do you know whose dogs they were? That's awful.

Loulou x >:D<<'>

Denise,

A pox on all dogs!!! :(:ph34r:

As a cat lover myself who is "owned" by a 14 year old cat I really feel for you. :crying:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K

So sorry to hear about your cat. Can you contact they owner of the dogs and let them know the awful thing that their dogs have done or report them for letting their dogs loose. This is so upsetting I am almost in tears myself

Kathryn- I have two adorable little dogs who are my babies I love all animals and if a dog is aggressive it is up to the owner to do something about it. I hate people who do not keep their dogs under control my little dogs have been on the recieving end of this thankfully they where not hurt but I gave the owner a mouthful!

Could you change that to; pox on unresponsible dog owners!

Thank you everyone for replying.

I know who the dogs belong to and he is not the type of person who would give a hoot about my poor cat.

I have reported him to the police, RSPCA and Dog Warden. The police and dog warden have visited him as they have been reported before for being loose but no law has been broken :wacko:

I have written a note to ask him to contribute to the �300 (YES �300) vets bill but he has no legal obligation to pay anything apparently even though 4 different people saw his dogs attack her. :(

However, I have posted a flyer through everyones door in the area and asked them to report him every time the dogs are let loose - so he might have to pay �40 every time he has to get his dogs released from the compound :devil:

I have had 4 neighbours who I have never spoken to before come round and offer their sympathy, a bunch of flowers sent and a note which has really choked me up!!!

Anyway, sorry to take up thread space with this and thanks all.

Denisex

hi jadensmum sorry to hear bout your cat know how u feel i had mine for 14years an 2weeks before we moved house she went out one night an never came back i was devastated would feel the same if anything happened to my dog who will be 11 this year have a small drink an relax it is the weekend after all keep smilin luv karin xx

Denise,

I'm a bit late but justed wanted to say, you have my sympathy. It's heartbreaking losing a pet.

Lovely to hear about your kind neighbours.

Nellie >:D<<'>

Denise, I am late too, but I want absolutely to say how symphatetic I feel. One of our beloved cats was run over by a car two months ago, right in front of our front gate. I had posted too a letter to the whole neighborhood making the point that, this time is a cat, next time can be a small child (and this is valid for two aggressive dogs let loose too.) and they all better slow dow... you know what? It looks like they did!

My son has been inconsolable for weeks, that kitten was so loving and affectionate and he is sooo much into cats. Thank God we have two more cats (equally housebound and affectionate... spoilt! but how can you help spoiling them? :D ) who helped us a lot with their love to overcome our sorrow.

Our dear kitten -her name was Shadow - is now buried in a corner of our garden, with lots of flower planted on top. Now we know she will be with us forever.

>:D<<'>

Lots of hugs, Denise. All of us cat lovers know well how you feel :tearful: . Get a kitten as soon as you can.... it helps, believe me...

>:D<<'>

Martina

Denise,

Poor you, big hug.

Gutted for you. I had cats too (burmese) who meant the world to me.

I still miss them 10 years on.

Cats may be "independent spirits" but we miss them dreadfully all the same.

Sorry you have had to go through such a distressing incident.

Take care,

Valiant_Skylark xx

((((Jadensmum))))

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. I lost my cat at aged 18 3 years ago. She was torn apart by a fox. I have 2 little monsters now whom I love to bits but nothing can ever replace a pet who has died, they have such distinct personalities don't they? Anyhow, I'm sending out BIG HUGS >:D<<'>

im late sending this but sorry to hear about your cat. my friends cat got hit by a car in front of her and she sobbed on the kerb 4 two hours,she then cuddled him and was heartbroken for a long time,im not a cat person but going by my friend i send you my sympathies,love hev

RIP little fury Angel Florie..... :crying:

Big big >:D<<'> Denise, as I know what it means to own cats (we had 5 cats and 2 dogs before we moved back to UK) I am very annoyed and disappointed that something cruel like this could happen. You are a very brave lady though. As every pet is going to "Rainbow Bridge" I am sure Florie is alright there. If you need other help regarding to tackling this dog owner down there is a link www.thehovel.com or www.catchat.org where are cat lover "living" and will probably help!!!!

Big hugs from all of us and glad Jaden is alright...our Nick would have been devastated...

SylvXXX

Hiya

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm so sorry about your poor little pussy cat.

I know what you mean about them being totally unaware of the pet not being there. I had to have our doggy put down as she was old and was really poorly. I cried like mad and felt really depressed but my son didn't even realise she wasn't there!. When he did, i explained that she had gone etc etc,

'Oh' he replied and that was that!!.

Leaving me blubbing like a baby for days!. :crying:

It is a blessing in some ways.

The daft thing is though he watched the film ET a while later and that upset him for ages, i kept finding him in his room sobbing. He said that he kept thinking about ET!.

Crazy eh !!. :wub:

Sel.