Sign in to follow this  
desperate

permanent exclusion appeal meeting

Hi all,

This is too let you all know that we had Neil's exclusion appeal meeting on Wednesday and we've had altter this morning saying that the school have been told to reinstate Neil.

We are all so happy.

I've spoken to the school head and she says it has been a huge learning experience for all of them and they are going to change and follow procedures to help them understand and help ASD children in the future.

They admit that it was unlawful to exclude Neil because they couldn't cope with his needs, and that as a special school they have to ensure that they do meet his needs. They took him into the school fully knowing all his difficulties and it was up to them to support and help him mitigate those difficulties.

I hope that this is a victory, even if only small, for all of our children, that the education system fails to provide for.

:clap::clap::clap:

It's a pretty major victory and at least you will have he satisfaction of knowing that this can not happen to anyone else. It should not of happened to Neil but at least you did the right thing by fighting it. :thumbs:

Well done

Carole

Edited by carole

That's wonderful news. You have made my day. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Well done desperate :clap::clap: this is a great victory! :thumbs:

I hope Neil is ok after all the disruption.

Here's to a brighter future. My best wishes to you both.

Nellie >:D<<'>

This if fantastic news I am soooo pleased for all you and yours. B)

It just goes to show that perseverance and persistance pays off, no longer 'desperate' definitely DETERMINED!

Have you thought about introducing the school to the DfES good practice guide to ASD ... might be worth pointing them in that direction, especially if they are now prepared to adapt their teaching environment and allow for proper differentiation.

HHxx

Bearing in mind the seriousness of the situation if they had gone ahead and excluded, victories don't get much bigger than this. I am delighted for you.

It is a scary though but many politicians are arguing that parents should lose their right of appeal against inclusions as they feel appeals undermine the schools right to manage.

Simon

Congratulations. B) a very, VERY deserved 'victory' (that's in inverted commas 'cos it should never have been neccessary to do battle in the first place). Let's hope it's full steam ahead from here on in...

Keep us posted

L&P

BD :D

:clap: Well done. :clap:

I began following your story very late in the day. The fact that this was (is) a special school makes this victory all the more important. We have been very lucky with Phas Jr, we know that. For many,many others special schools are their last ray of hope. In your case that ray of hope was snatched from you in a way that should never have happened. You didn't take that lying down. Good for you.

Hold your head high.You have done your son proud.

:clap::clap: Congrats on your deserved victory :clap::clap:

Like phasmid, I was also late in the day following your story. I'm am still gob smacked that you had to fight in the first place!

Well Done!

Tizz