Sign in to follow this  
Tez

Yes!! - LEA have agreed to assess

Just wanted to share my good news. I have just phoned the LEA and have been told that they have agreed to carry out a Statutory Assessment. Considering two weeks ago they were telling me that they thought it unlikely because of time scales I am over the moon.

Thank you so much to everyone who helped me write my parental advice, I would try to mention you all by name but so many people helped that I wouldn't like to offend by ommitting some one.Thanks also to all the people who advise on my threads and just generally give support.

I am quite emotional. Seems the Deputy Head of Inclusion and Access was a genuine as he seemed. Fingers crossed things continue to go well. Can now go on holiday without worrying.

Edited by Tez

Congratulations, I wish mine would agree to an assessment. Goos Luck with thestatement.

:D:D:thumbs::thumbs: Well done Tez ......glad there,s some good news today I needed cheering up after the start of another school year :ph34r: .......hope the assessment goes well :thumbs:

Make sure you get that in writing, then go off and enjoy your holiday.

Kathryn, I dreamt about this last night. I asked the Named Officer 3 times yesterday to confirm that they had agreed to assess and that they were going to confirm it in writing because I couldn't quite believe that they had agreed without a need to go to Tribunal. Last night I had this weird dream of a carrier pigeon chasing me around America with a letter from the LEA saying that they weren't going to assess after all. Let's hope the letter comes before we go away.

Tez - ask them to email as well as snail mail.

I do this with all my LEA correspondence.

Apart from not having to suffer postal delays, it also has the electronic author and date on it (if it is a word doc.)

Best wishes

Helen