Sign in to follow this  
oracle

So Fed Up

You are crying over this because you don't need to be 'super mummy' when it comes to a couch! It's amazing what we can drag ourselves through for our children and not seem to be affected - but it does come out - like now for you. Last week i burst into tears because the kettle wasn't boiling quick enough :wacko: i really, really wanted a cuppa :blink: I know how you feel, you are not alone hun. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Carole. I am so so sorry!! :( but maybe it can be sorted!!

When I had my 2 piece suite (2 seater and 3 seater) delivered, they wouldn't fit through my living room dorr either soo, had to take the window out and bring it in that way! Then put the window back in. (not me peronsally but my BIL).

Is that an option maybe??? >:D<<'>

I can usually cope with everything that the autism throws at me so why am i crying over this?�

I think you have so much to cope with, that your reserves for coping with other setbacks are reduced.

I hope it gets better for you soon!

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Carole >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I think most of the time, us parents are running on adrenaline.

We had a similar incident after coming back from Oz with an American style fridge/freezer. Gradually, we've totally gutted the house from top to bottom, but when it got to renovating the kitchen, the whole design had to be based around the fridge/freezer which also wouldn't fit through any doors.

Annie

XX

Aw Carole - what a ###### pain in the but.

I think these things happen to make us cry and get some release - you are always putting on a brave face.

In through a back patio door and then through the house, or a large backdoor, or hoist it up through a large bedroom window?

You have probably thought of all of these options - but I was desperate to get my bargain american fridge freezer into my kitchen - I refused the survey to see if it would fit through doors etc! - on a Saturday morning, peeing down with rain and a delivery driver with 'bad attitude' - I cried and then I made them carry it down next doors side passage (mine was too narrow) lift it over the six foot fence into the back garden, remove the patio doors and then once it was inside, it was too far for delivery driver 'with attitude' to do anything else.

Persevere woman - apply some lateral thinking - or failing that - blame the old man for not measuring it properly!!!

Love

Helen

:lol::lol: Helen,

Forgot to add - the fridge/freezer did spend the first 2 and 1/2 years in our living room.

Chip, chip

Annie

XX

Edited by annie

:( OH Carole, had a similar prob with the new bed, had to take the stair bannisters out. Hope you get the door/wall sorted, why don,t you just leave an arch instead of puting the door back? ..................p.s. like the new avatar B)

Hi Carole, ;)

Don't worry about the crying it is just a question of letting some steam off, putting a brave face every day because we want to be strong for our vulnerable children is sometimes too much and then come the enexpected difficuty and we become all tearfull and upset. Hope you will get this sorted for sure when it is all over you will appreciate it even better! :thumbs:

2 months ago my sweetheart wanted to surprise me and went to IKEA to get a new unit for the sitting room but he got the wrong dimension :oops: and we had to exange it for a smaller one I think he was very annoyed because of the surprise being spoild, well now we really enjoye our newly decorated sitting room

where we can relax (sometimes...) after some long and exhausting bedtime. :tearful:

Take care.

Malika.

Carole, I think we have all expriences of something like that. Like some others have said, we can be rocks for our children but when it comes to other things our ability to cope is already eroded, our defenses are all being used else where.

Just pour yourself a huge glass of wine and tell yourself by this time next week your living room will be sorted and sofa insitu (and try not to think about what has to be done to get there :hypno: ).

Lauren

Hi carole

Know what you mean something so small can set you off.But the every day things including ASD and related things we cope with in high speed mode.

We are busy helping and sorting everything else out then whoosh a problem none ASD related happens and it seams like the end of the world.

Here's hoping that you get it sorted out without distroying too much of the house.

GOOD LUCK AND MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED FOR YOU

Lisa XX

P.S I was crying other day because I couldn't find my mobile phone alas C had hit it in the bread bin LOL

:lol:

Carole,

I hope you manage to sort this out soon, even if you have to rebuild the house around your suite.

Did you find the plonk??

K

Hello Carole,

Ive been reading your thread with great interest and a wry smile. Believe me in a month or so you will see the humour in your situation.

My sister had a similar experience. They bought a couple of sofas on special offer and on impulse while visiting a large furniture shop. When they arrived they had to remove doors etc to get them in. On the first evening the family sat around admiring the settees, reassuring themselves that they loved them despite the problems fitting them in etc etc.

After a few days my sister could no longer stand it and burst into tears, wailing that they were hideous,too big, uncomfortable and their feet couldnt touch the floor. The final straw had been when she looked in the lounge window and saw a row of dollies sitting on the sofa. On closer inspection (she is short sighted) she realised the dollies were her children, completely swamped by the wretched sofa!

The rest of the family admitted they also hated the sofas but hadnt wanted to upset my sister because she seemed to love them so much.

Luckily after a great deal of searching they found a fault in the settees material and returned them to the store.

I am sure your sofas are beautiful and your room will look wonderful....but you wil laugh about it one day.

Loraine xxx

Ive been reading your thread with great interest and a wry smile. Believe me in a month or so you will see the humour in your situation.

Carole,

Loraine beat me to it, I was about to say almost the same thing, but ofcourse, I wouldn't have mentioned the wry smile! :whistle:

You will see the funny side one day, it might be a while though. Maybe your luck will change and the builder will be drop dead gorgeous.

Nellie ;):wub:

I am pleased to hear that your settee is being re-delivered tomorrow, I'd had visions of it being stuck in the hall all week with you all have to climb over it to get to bed !

I hope your house is soon back to normal :D

Clever hubby not to crack the plaster, I would have been preparing to evacuate the building if my other half was tackling it :devil:

wac

Edited by waccoe