Sign in to follow this  
faye

special school

Thanks so much everyone.I just know that Ryan is going to be so much happier and if he's happy i'm happy,and me and my family are so happy right now :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::dance::dance:

No problem faye as I've always said I'm here if you need me, no need to be alone when things are a little tricky, but was nice to share in the nice moment too when you got the call back.

I'm really pleased for Ryan and I hope he gets the care he needs at the new school. He's a little darling and deserves the right start in life. :oops: And yes I cried too, I've been worried about it as I know how much it will mean to Ryan

Ryan's current school which my son attends admitted they don't feel they will be unable to meet Ryan's needs over the coming years so its best the transition can be done now rather than later.

:thumbs: Big thumbs up for the Parent Partnership in Durham on this one too, they have been brilliant throughout

Edited by lil_me

Great news Faye, I'm so glad you got the provision you wanted and had the support of a good PPS, and the wonderful support on here really does help.

HHxx

Will be having a couple of drinks tonight ,and im so pleased to have started using this forum its nice that we can all support each other.And totally agree Marsha Parent Partnership have been great.

Had my metting today which was very heated and quite hairy for a while, it started off badly when the EP (Educational Psychologist), and SS failed to turn up and a rep of the LA (Not the one we wanted), was sent instead. We had to throw out 3 reports they sent us which said we had speech therapy and SS support, as we had never had either and insisted the reports were scrapped or I wouldn't continue. The rep went off to phone her boss, and came back with much better response, reports were ripped up, which were a start they recognised they hadn't been supporting my son.

Next up was a suggestion my son go to an annex at a comprehensive next year when aged 11, I said so long I will send my lawyer to talk to you !! Off the rep went again and we waited 15 minutes, then were asked to wait another half hour for the LA rep herself to attend the meetings (Slight progress !). When she turned up she started by saying sorry, then accepting my son would not be suited for such a placing given the 'new' facts. Would we accept her apologies and attend a new 'review' next February ? I said NO way Jose, either my son is immediately put forward to special school placing, or I'm off, and you'll have to talk to my legal representation instead, SHE then went off to the phone !

Came back, said next September my son WILL be going to special school Yippeee ! so 6 years sheer aggrevation seems to be over. That was after I insisted I get that in PRINT, and I just recieved a fax from them saying I am being sent that proof, should have used the threat of legal action day one in retrospect, clearly taking advice to go with the system was wasted time. Social services are also being dragged over the coals for falsifying reports (!) the EPS for failing to ever attend his class and asssess him despite providing such 'assessments' (Which they apprently did via copying a speech therapists report), then misleading the LEA (I do SO enjoy seeing them squirm!). Apparently all hell is breaking loose at the LEA as all the 'involved'parties are blaming each other, (Like I care !).

Diagnosed age 4 no special support or education until 10 and half, and 4 wrong school placings, I'm now considering suing the LEA for damages. I'd never take such advice again to use the system, just go for their throat everytime, might save a couple of years anguish, I'm now off for a few very strong drinks, as I feel quite drained after it all, this is no way to treat parents and disabled children is it ?

Result!!!! :thumbs:

Well done :clap: you must be exhausted, enjoy those drinks, you deserve them.

There's always the Local Government Ombudsman, it's easier than going to court.

I thought I would feel a sense of justice when we won our case, but sadly it took me another three years to come to terms with it all.

Nellie xx

Hi Faye :D

Well done certainly worth the fight B):ninja: you can cheer up and relax now :thumbs:

Just one question did you really had a lawyer ready to talk for you? ;)

Very good fight I enjoyed the post so nice to see them on their knee isn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

All the best.

Malika.

I'm not sure celebration is the right term, relief seems nearer, and wondering how I will feel when he starts. Some degree of semi-residential option is certain, and we've never been apart from our son. No pain no gain I suppose the phrase is, but I am suffering withdrawl symptoms already ! What WILL we do, with that free time ? I've had 11 years with none .... and feel guilty I will be having some. I've a sneaking suspicion he will like his new options after a while, at least I hope so...

MM

Guilt is common when placing a child in residential or semi-residential placement. I think guilt will diminsh when you see the positive effects of this decieion as it does appear to be the right thing to do.

The fact is that nobody could have done more than you to try and make thinks work for him while based at home, and it is now time to move on to the next phase.

Congratulations on winning the hearing, I really hope this works out for you all.

Simon

just to let you all know my son has now been at his special school now for 3 weeks and he is soooooo much calmer and he loves it too :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: