Sign in to follow this  
elizabeth8459

ADD

Hi there everyone hopeing you can help as you did with my sister-in-law whom has Aspergers syndrome, im writing on behalf of my friend Tiny who again is also a member on here for her younger son with ADHD.

Maybe i should start from the beginning just two weeks her husband died suddenly at the age of 45 now she is left with two children with disabilities im hopeing someone can tell us where to turn her younger son is on middle rate care and lower mobility. But i am convinced that her older son should be eligable for benefits too am i right? He suffers from ADD and has been diagnosed through the doctor and is 15 years old he currenlty is on anti-depressants Fluxotine (spelt wrong sorry) and other medication im not sure of the names sorry and sees an Anger managment therapist surely he can get DLA? Or am i wasting my time getting her the forms?

Can you also tell me what she is entitled to am i right in thinking she can get Berevement payment, and widowed parents allowance depending on her husbands national insurance contributions? Is there anything ive missed she cannot get carers allowance as she works but if she gives up work for the boys will she get two lots of carers allowance if her 15 year old is diagnosed? Please any suggestions or comments please help? Thanks for reading Lizzie x x x

I am so sorry to hear this, too. :( How awful.

We are all here to help, and I don't doubt someone more experienced will come along with the answers soon for you and Tiny.

Take care,

Elefan

xx

Lizzie,

I am so sorry to hear this sad news. Please pass on our love and condolences to Tiny. I hope the following helps.

The following organisations will give advice, tell you your rights and fill in any forms for you. The Princess Royal Trust for Carers will also give you support, advice on benefits etc. and fill in forms and may even do a home visit.

The Princess Royal Trust for Carers.

http://www.carers.org/

CAB ? Citizens Advice Bureau (you can also call or visit your local branch).

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/

Take Care,

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi there everyone hopeing you can help as you did with my sister-in-law whom has Aspergers syndrome, im writing on behalf of my friend Tiny who again is also a member on here for her younger son with ADHD.

Maybe i should start from the beginning just two weeks her husband died suddenly at the age of 45 now she is left with two children with disabilities im hopeing someone can tell us where to turn her younger son is on middle rate care and lower mobility. But i am convinced that her older son should be eligable for benefits too am i right? He suffers from ADD and has been diagnosed through the doctor and is 15 years old he currenlty is on anti-depressants Fluxotine (spelt wrong sorry) and other medication im not sure of the names sorry and sees an Anger managment therapist surely he can get DLA? Or am i wasting my time getting her the forms?

Can you also tell me what she is entitled to am i right in thinking she can get Berevement payment, and widowed parents allowance depending on her husbands national insurance contributions? Is there anything ive missed she cannot get carers allowance as she works but if she gives up work for the boys will she get two lots of carers allowance if her 15 year old is diagnosed? Please any suggestions or comments please help? Thanks for reading Lizzie x x x

just want to say so sorry to hear this sad new and to let her now we are thinking of her at this sad time jill

Hi just wanthed to say thankyou to everyone that posted a message for me ,i have had a every hard 2weeks my head is just spining at mo boys are bearing up but its so hard for us to get our heads round it all as my husband had a cornory thrombosics(spelt wrong sorry) blood clot of the heart so it was very sudden and i was at his side working on him till help arrived my eldest son see's angermanagement lady and as my youngest has had it very hard with some nasty boys at school(he has adhd) they are now going to get them in to some bervement counilling god hope you can understand this as my spelling has got worse sorry.

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO LET EVERYONE NO THAT IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR ELIZABETH8459 MYSELF AND MY BOYS COULD NOT HAVE GOT THROUGH ANY OF THIS SHE HAS BEEN A STAR AND I KNOW MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD OF HER AND THANKFUL FOR EVERYTHING SHE HAS DONE

THANKYOU FOR YOUR KID WORDS Tinyxx :(:tearful:

Tiny, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Coming to terms with something like that must be very hard for all of you.

As for the DLA situation can I suggest you get in touch with your local CAB. They normally have benefit experts at them. You will probalaby need to make an appointment, so give them a ring first and explain your situation.

I hope that helps a bit.

Again, my condolences.

so sorry to hear of your loss tiny :( ,my friend lost his wife in january through a stroke,she was only 32 and has 4 children and i know how dreadful this year has been for them all coming to terms with it,the only thing i can say is that time has helped them to heal a bit,an organisation called daisys dream have been helping the children,im not sure if its a nationwide scheme or not but theyve been very helpful in letting them grieve and ask questions they may not want to upset their dad with,they do residentials as well where they have candlelit vigils for lost parents,il try and get you some more info on it,i hope you find some strength and peace yourself,im glad you have a good friend to help you through this awful time.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

lynda x