Sign in to follow this  
witsend

OMG

OMG - used to be a plain old 'regular user' (I always thought this made me sound a bit like a junkie!! :lol: ) But now I think I'm a seargeant major!! Don't care what anyone says in my book that's promotion!! :lol:

Luv Witsend.

Yours says sargeant major as well Kere LOL :clap:

I haven't checked mine ... too busy listening to Abba

I haven't checked mine ... too busy listening to Abba

Cor ... seargeant major! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

ooer and im a sergeant .... how did that happen :notworthy:

was i that before??? i never noticed :huh: lol

congrats to you as well mothereve :clap::thumbs:

Ooh ooh I am a Snowdon... does this mean I am a Lord ??? or Lady ??? I have climbed Snowdon or really I should say walked up it - lol so can I have a flag.. pretty please..

I'm Salisbury Hill?? I have concerns on two counts. Firstly, isn't this some old Peter Gabriel song - wierd old dadrocker and it reminds me of Genesis, probably blandrock at its worst. Secondly, Salisbury is in Wiltshire, and I'm from Hampshire. Its not your fault (Krism people), but I gues you are not aware of the generations old emnity that exists between our two counties, the cross-border skirmishes, the notorious cownapping incident of '74, I could go on. So, numerous erratic and erroneous posts on their way until I can escape....

how come weve turned into mountains? :huh: is it to do with molehills?.............

You have turned into mountains for two reasons:-

1. We [admins] felt (following comments) that the army connection was not suitable for all

2. The new ranks reflect the mountains that many of our members climb every day. Spot the symbolism?

Kris

Edited by Kris

Firstly, isn't this some old Peter Gabriel song - wierd old dadrocker and it reminds me of Genesis, probably blandrock at its worst.

Nearly. You're thinking of Solsbury Hill. All about the joys of having a nervous breakdown while on tour with the dreaded Genesis, giving away all he owned and sitting on a hill listening to the voices in his head for a week or so.

Which is why it's been so popular as a christmas record :blink:

Kirstie. me you and LN up the Munroes eh? - how'd you reckon we're doing?

I reckon we're doing fine :thumbs: Cheeks glowing, socks steaming in front of a log fire in the local inn, drinks in, meal ordered, tent pitched outside and a warm, self-satisfied glow of pride at conquering our first Munroe in a Force 6 gale.

Well, that's how I felt exactly 22 years ago to the hour. Thanks for the memory :)

Just to show you that being on this forum a while doesn't guarantee any degree of comnmon sense, I spent a few minutes this morning wondering why we had so many new members from the Norfolk area before the penny dropped...... :oops:

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

Does Norfolk have mountains? :P

Z

I think mossgrove means 'Norfolk broads' i'm sure that is what the title is,confused me as well.

As baddad would say "Who are these Norfolk broads, and when can I meet them?" :devil:

And Tensing's only on Scafell Pike - surely he/she should be on Everest (or Killimanjiro at least)?

Edited by littlenemo

And Tensing's only on Scafell Pike - surely he/she should be on Everest (or Killimanjiro at least)?

I was just about to post so I could find out what Mountain I was. Well Scarfell Pike is not to bad, been a while since I last climbed it though, Rosie was on my back in one of those little baby-back-packs, she's 8 and half now and weighs abot 5 stone.

Just to show you that being on this forum a while doesn't guarantee any degree of comnmon sense, I spent a few minutes this morning wondering why we had so many new members from the Norfolk area before the penny dropped...... :oops:

Simon

Yes - I was wondering why so many lived in Wales ... until I spotted that I'd moved there too!

OOh! I've just moved to Ben Nevis!

:thumbs::rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: