Sign in to follow this  
oracle

5 Gold Rings

I have been know to spend the odd hour or two watching the shopping channels - Gems TV and QVC in particular. In fact it has become something of a joke on our house. I love watching the jewellery - especially the rings. But the joke is one me today because for Christmas I have received '5 Gold Rings' One each from my three sons and two from hubby including a new eternity ring - I lost the old one.

I think they did it to cure me of my habit. Wish you could of seen the look on my face this morning folks :o followed by :D It wont put me off from watching - in fact there is a sale starting next week ;)

So what did Santa bring everyone else?

Carole

Edited by carole

Well i dident do to bad got cd's dvd's and a karoke cd so can make a real noise drown out the kids :lol: . Oh wot fun well back to the wine

i got vouchers for peacocks to indulge my addiction to clothes shopping,a reflexology kit (better train the hubby well ;) )a new scarf,gloves,a purse,the usual smellies and incense,vicky pollard slippers off my kids :o perfume,a picture of my beautiful niece,but the best present of all was the lovely peaceful day weve had...bliss.

:jester:

peaceful wots that never had it in my house :lol: did you send the kids out :lol:

Guest flutter

my nt son wrote on the front of my pressie, hope you like but if you dont it will be nice to look at.............................................................

twas a book bout johnny depp :clap:

havent got brain cells for words just now but oooooh the piccys are good

lol

C x

i love smellies but i never got any this year!!i got wizard of oz on dvd,i love that film.a few cds,a lovely bracelet off nick and like someone said before the best present was peace!!a lovely day

I got money early last week,not sure how much in total,but I spent nearly all of it on presents for the rats,have since recieved ?60 more to spend so will be either buying a new cage for my older rat group,or a new steiff bear.

Edited by TuX

:clap: ..............well I got a mini cooper............it,s brill went out for a drive in it yesterday, the best bit is it,s only got 2 seats in the back so all the kids can,t fit in :thumbs: ...............................well I really got some pjamas and bed socks :thumbs: ..........that might sound naff but the bottoms are flannelette and the socks really fluffy ...I,m a big comfort girl, and I do spend most of my time in my jimmy jammies anyhow :rolleyes: .So Iam well chuffed :clap: .

I got a friendship trinket box and a personally hand made quilt, both from my close friend in the USA. The quilt is stunning and she made it by hand, it has the American flag on it and patches, absolutley georgous! :D She got me the trinket box too.

From T, I had a chocolate mobile phone (which he ate), a savings tin and a bottle of bucks fizz with truffles set. :)

All i got was a hideous sweater

and what i really wanted was a gorgeous moaner and groaner...

(Yes, I do know I posted exactly the same thing last year, but it's still my favourite christmas present joke and I'm going to do it until I get bored with it!!

My mother-in-law gave me a toilet brush!

And yes, I know just where to put it!

:lol: I'm not laughing :lol: really I am not :lol: How can ANYONE give a toilet brush to anyone for Christmas :lol:

May I ask which end are you going to insert first? :o

Carole

Hiya everyone,

I got a belated gift, one I expected on Fathers Day - a book entitled 'The Merovingian Mythos and the Mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau'. Not everyones cup of tea, but a book I have been after for ages. It was ordered at Ottakers for me to get on Fathers Day. Because it was out of print, I cancelled the order. They rang Carole in the past couple of weeks to say they had it, does she still want it - she said yes. Imagine my surprise on Xmas day when I saw the book revealed from beneath the xmas wrapping (better still if I get the chance to read it).

Other surprises for me included (not all from Carole) - Yamaha keyboard (everyone wants to play it as good as me but can't), Billy Connoly Live In New York DVD (any other Billy Connoly fans out there- my Matthew loves him, guess why?), Lexmark photo printer (for digi pics), tripod for my camcorder, DVD tapes for my camcorder, slippers etc. - THE GODS WERE GOOD TO ME! :clap:

All in all, I got what I wanted, and a few surprises to boot (I've also got a canny lass as a wife - just to embarass her in public, Loves ya Carole :wub: )

Cheers,

TEMARU

My mother-in-law gave me a toilet brush!

And yes, I know just where to put it!

Are you SERIOUS!!! :lol:

As my husband and I (sound like the queen, don't I :rolleyes: ) have a birthday around this time too we asked for just one present from his parents to cover everything - a really good digital camera. I'm still working out how to use it as we've never owned one before. I got the usual hand creams and soaps as well: these are always welcome as I never think to buy them for myself. And a pile of books to read my way through over the coming week - bliss. :)

Santa gave me some gorgeous gifts, :clap:

But, i have to say - the most fun has been little ones eyetoy!

He's been abit :sick: so has only has a couple of goes.........

But me n hubby have been testing it - just to check that it's working, honest! :whistle:

Funniest one yet - 100 metre hurdles - I think the dogs convinced we've lost the plot! :blink:

Guest flutter

All in all, I got what I wanted, and a few surprises to boot (I've also got a canny lass as a wife - just to embarass her in public, Loves ya Carole wub.gif )

Cheers,

TEMARU

that is soo nice, in our life we forget each ohter sometimes

C xx

i got the charmed box set (not quite 5 gold rings) and smelly stuff also got a beautiful gold locket (thanks niki) and s got me a lovely candle telling me taht now when the electric run out we can still light his room