Sign in to follow this  
hev

choosing usernames

i couldnt sleep last night and i was thinking what made people choose there usernames,mine is very obviously as im called heather!!but what about smileymab or say viper?

i chose mine as it was the first thing i could think of

and i feel a bit different to other people

so called myself something_different

and now shortend it to SD x

not a great name really but it works for me i think

Well my name was chosen by my AS DD who said I am like a Viper when I think I am not being treated fairly by the various officials like the LSA etc. I tend to coil up and then attack. I have also been likened to a Rotwiller by a family friend but really I'm a pussy cat, "meow" until you cross me or my family. :oops:

Viper.

I think it's Obvious why i chose mine if i could change it i would be called pixy as everyone tells me i have a pixy face shame i didn't think of it sooner :oops:

not sure if i would keep the id SD if i was to join today

well i think i probably would!

I have diff names of diff forums

Edited by something_different

Smiley - 'coz i am! :D

It's my family's nickname for me.

The mab bit is just my initials - 'coz 'smiley' is usually taken - i just add it by habit now!

Hubby thinks the mab stands for 'Maybe Abit Blonde' Hmmmmmmm :lol::lol::lol:

Guest flutter

i am a flutter every where on line,of some form or another

i luv butterflys

some places u can find me as purple flutter cos i have/had purple hair, depdning on how i feel lol

I chose mine because it's my name :huh: It's lack of imagination you see. But to be honest with you if I had to register again I would chose a pseudonym. On other groups I am usually oracle witch is an anagram of my name - so it's still not that original is it :lol:

My son is best at picking names. One of his is 'only name that wasn't taken' while his other is 'incredible gamer'.

carole

not sure if i would keep the id SD if i was to join today

well i think i probably would!

I have diff names of diff forums

Something Different, dont change your name, we Somethings have got to stick together and recruit more!

We could have:

Something Strange

Something Funny

Something Smelly

We could take over the world :thumbs:

Well, Carole, you're not the only one with a lack of imagination!

My name really is Bid, well that's the shortened form of my name.

Bid :lol:

lol something_vague

yes we should stick together!

not too sure about having a something_smelly though!

ha ha ha

something_interesting is good

as is

something_unique now i like that one

something_unique

better than different

but then can different be a good thing?

SD x

Edited by something_different

lil_me- well I am small, well I don't think I am just I have friends who are too tall lol people take the pee and say oh poor lil you, and I'd reply yeah poor lil me, and it stuck, nothing interesting I am afraid.

My MSN addy is more fun, the MBI bit comes from when I was in senior school, year before we left, I got the title of Male Body Inspector. Most my usernames were MBIUK something for a long time.

Edited by lil_me

Bid, I am trying to think of a name with Bid at the beginning, please tell me I'm going mad trying to think. :wallbash:

Viper.

i cant think of any names with Bid at the beginning or end

oh i am 'snowdon' now

As you can see, I'm dead boring as well! No imagination, or at least not instantly. Can never think of stuff like that on the spur of the moment.

Karen

x

I didn't pick ~Jonathan~ due to lack of imagination but because I wanted to be myself on this board. I had used pseudonyms before and still do on other boards but for here, I just wanted to be myself.

Total lack of imagination from me too! Maybe i wanted to be myself too but i don't think i would use it again dunno why, i think it's interesting the names folk come up with, Flutter i love that! I blame the lack of brain cells to the lack of sleep, i'm sooo tired Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

It's short for Bridget!!

The other shortened form is Biddy, which I hate...so don't you dare!

Bid

Thanks Bid I will sleep easy in my bed tonight now.

As if we would call you an old Biddy. :whistle:

Viper.

im glad you asked that viper,that was bugging me as well,you are right viper we wouldnt dream of calling her an old biddy,bet baddad would though :lol::lol:

Hi,

I definately won't be calling Bid "old Biddy" because she knows where i work! :lol::lol:

I have a friend called Bridget and she gets called "Bridge". Bid is much nicer.

My middle name is Louise, and my Mum used to call me Lou-Lou when i was little.

Loulou x

I worked with a woman called Bridey who was always called Bid so I though of thought that that was Bid's name too :unsure:

Carole

I chose "Valiant-Skylark" in one of my darker moments, just after son No. 1 had been dxd - you know, when your world falls apart for a while?

I was thinking of a verse I had read somewhere...

"Hold fast to dreams

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird

That cannot fly"

"Valiant" and "Skylark" were actually two of my ponies, both long gone now, from whom I learned a lot about myself. I miss them both terribly.

Putting the two ideas together, I had the, rather comforting, image of a skylark, valiantly battling it out, whatever the odds.

Coincidentally, I also live in one of the last places in my part of the country to have skylarks attempting to live amongst the urbanization of the plough.

VS xx

Curra is the name of my cat. I don't have much imagination to think of a name, so I choose her name as my username in all boards. She is 11 years old and a very loyal companion.

Happy New Year to All!

:wine:

im glad you asked that viper,that was bugging me as well,you are right viper we wouldnt dream of calling her an old biddy,bet baddad would though :lol::lol:

Oh no I wouldn't, would i Biddy? (and don't call me 'wood eye'...) I'd call you Betty!! :whistle:

I chose "Valiant-Skylark" in one of my darker moments, just after son No. 1 had been dxd - you know, when your world falls apart for a while?

I was thinking of a verse I had read somewhere...

"Hold fast to dreams

For if dreams die

Life is a broken-winged bird

That cannot fly"

"Valiant" and "Skylark" were actually two of my ponies, both long gone now, from whom I learned a lot about myself. I miss them both terribly.

Putting the two ideas together, I had the, rather comforting, image of a skylark, valiantly battling it out, whatever the odds.

Coincidentally, I also live in one of the last places in my part of the country to have skylarks attempting to live amongst the urbanization of the plough.

VS xx

VS. Your name makes me think of the story of the Happy Prince, where the sky lark decides not to fly to Egypt but stay all winter with the Happy Prince (who was a statue) I think its by Oscer Wilde Its a lovely story.

Kathryn,

The cheque is in the post! ;)

Bidx

Cheers Bid :thumbs:

Well it may surprise some of you to know Kathryn is not my real name

... it's actually Tigerlilypeterpanpeachesapplepixiepoops. :P;)

No, really, how did I choose my user name?? I think the train of thought went something like this:

....I desperately need to talk about my daughter and get some advice... This forum looks like the ideal place... If I register as myself she might take a look and take objection... I know, I'll choose a pseudonym... If I choose a name like "piglet" or "mum- at- the-end-of-her-rope" she'll know it's a pseudonym... I need a real name then....I might forget it though,... I know I'll take the name of the person who used to be my best friend at school and university, can't possibly forget that name.... Catherine, it was....but what if she reads this forum, she'll read something into it: she'll think i'm aspiring to BE her: definitely not the case... OK change the spelling then, ... OK.. er.. Katherine!...no... still tooo close...err...Kathryn!!! That'll do. :thumbs:

That was it, basically. Now I know everyone I feel a bit of a fraud posting under a pseudonym as everyone supposes it's my real name, but at least the anonymity has enabled me to give my frank opinion about officials I am dealing with. :devil:

I always sign my real name in pm's :) (It's not worth asking, really. Always hated it :wacko: Still do.).

K

Well it may surprise some of you to know Kathryn is not my real name

... it's actually Tigerlilypeterpanpeachesapplepixiepoops. :P;)

It must take you ages to sign a cheque :lol:

Baddad why the monica?

Viper.

Hi Viper...

Basically, I was making up a compilation CD for Ben's birthday party (4th I think),. I wanted a 'personal' label to put on it, and came up with 'A BADSound Reproduction', the BAD standing for Ben And Dad.

Baddad sort of evolved from that (which means that at some point you'll probably get a 'badben' making posts in his own right!)...

Kathryn, I'm intrigued - you'll have to send me a PM so I know the whole story!

L&P

BD