Kerre

Strange test thing

Bit of a laugh, really. :P

Clicky

I got this:

Unable to exert the efforts to achieve his objectives. Feels neglected, desiring greater security, warm affection, and fewer problems.

Distressed by the apparent hostility of the environment. Feels coerced and subjected to intolerable pressure. Is rebellious and resentful of what he regards as unreasonable demands on him, but feels powerless to control the situation and unable to protect himself.

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, leaving him rather isolated in his attachments.

Tries to escape from his problems, difficulties, and tensions by abrupt, headstrong, and ill-considered decisions. Desperately seeking a way to escape, and there is danger of reckless behavior to the point of self-destruction.

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources. This feeling of powerlessness subjects him to agitation and acute distress. He reacts by considering that he has been victimized, and insists--with indignation, resentment, and defiance--on being given his own way.

The tensions induced by trying to cope with conditions which are really beyond his capabilities, or reserves of strength, have led to considerable anxiety and a sense of personal (but unadmitted) inadequacy. His inability to enforce his will causes him to over-react in stubborn defiance and by assigning to others all the blame for his own failures.

:o:whistle:

This is what it has to say about me!.....

Your Existing Situation

Sensuous. Inclined to luxuriate in the things which give gratification

to the senses, but rejects anything tasteless, vulgar, or coarse.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or

restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own

choice and decision.

Your Restrained Characteristics

Relationships rarely measure up to her high emotional expectations and

her need to be made the center of things, leading to disappointment .

Always has mental reservations and tends to remain emotionally isolated

and unattached.<P>The situation is preventing her from establishing

herself, but she feels she must make the best of things as they are.<P>

Your Desired Objective

Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to

develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to

live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by

nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests

and wants to expand her fields of activity. Optimistic about the

future.

Your Actual Problem

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing

freely as a result of her own efforts.

Woah Scary!

Here's mine:

Your Existing Situation

Active, outgoing, and restless. Feels frustrated by the slowness with which events develop along the desired lines. This leads to irritability, changeability, and lack of persistence when pursuing a given objective.

Your Stress Sources

Feels that life has far more to offer and that there are still important things to be achieved--that life must be experienced to the fullest. As a result, she pursues her objectives with a fierce intensity that will not let go of things. Becomes deeply involved and runs the risk of being unable to view things with sufficient objectivity, or calmly enough; is therefore in danger of becoming agitated and of exhausting her nervous energy. Cannot leave things alone and feels she can only be at peace when she has finally reached her goal.

Circumstances are forcing her to compromise, to restrain her demands and hopes, and to forgo for the time being some of the things she wants.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but restless and inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents her from becoming deeply involved.

Your Desired Objective

Wants interesting and exciting things to happen. Able to make herself well-liked by her obvious interest and by the very openness of her charm. Over-imaginative and given to fantasy or day-dreaming.

Your Actual Problem

Has a fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants. This leads her to employ great personal charm in her dealings with others, hoping that this will make it easier for her to reach her objectives.

.......I was just bemoaning today how I never seem to be able to move on because of personal restrictions!

It's the Lucher colour test. :clap::clap::notworthy:

I bought the book of it when I was 16 and, clich�d though it may be, it changed my life. I'd never come across colour theory (in terms of psychology) before, and I'm still amazed how well it works.

One thing that the book points out, but the site doesn't is that the test and results were designed for those with mental illnesses, so the results can sound a bit extreme.

enjoy

nemo

I've just confounded my inner cynic by doing the (double) test twice -- once putting in actual preferences, the second time clicking at random. I was sort of expecting that both results would be the sort that could apply to anyone, but the first came out spot on and the second was utterly wrong!

the first came out spot on and the second was utterly wrong!

The psychology of the shades Luscher chose to match certain states of mind is endlessly fascinating to me. Others seem to get bored after the first hour or two when i try to explain it.

So I won't ;)

nemo

Here's mine....

Your Existing Situation

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Willing to participate and to allow herself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.

Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but is inclined to be emotionally withdrawn, which prevents her from becoming deeply involved.

The situation is preventing her from establishing herself, but she feels she must make the best of things as they are.

Your Desired Objective

Intense, vital, and animated, taking a delight in action. Activity is directed towards success or conquest and there is a desire to live life to the fullest.

Your Actual Problem

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts.

*does it again* For some reason I always go for the third colour on the bottom row first o_O

Your Existing Situation

The existing situation contains critical or dangerous elements for which it is imperative that some solution be found. This may lead to sudden, even reckless, decisions. Self-willed and rejects any advice from others.

Your Stress Sources

Feels that life has far more to offer and that there are still important things to be achieved--that life must be experienced to the fullest. As a result, he pursues his objectives with a fierce intensity that will not let go of things. Becomes deeply involved and runs the risk of being unable to view things with sufficient objectivity, or calmly enough; is therefore in danger of becoming agitated and of exhausting his nervous energy. Cannot leave things alone and feels he can only be at peace when he has finally reached his goal.

Feels that he is receiving less than his share and that there is no one on who he can rely for sympathy and understanding. Pent-up emotions make him quick to take offense, but he realizes that he has to make the best of things as they are.

Trying to calm down and unwind after a period of over-agitation which has left him listless and devoid of energy. In need of peace and quiet; becomes irritable if this is denied him.

Your Desired Objective

Desires a tranquil, peaceful state of harmony offering quiet contentment and a sense of belonging.

Your Actual Problem

Needs to achieve a stable and peaceful condition, enabling him to free himself of the worry that he may be prevented from achieving all the things he wants.

How dare it look through the screen and into my brain?!

Hmm ... interesting :huh:

Your Existing Situation

• Not only considers her demands minimal, but also regards them as imperative. Sticks to them stubbornly and will concede nothing.

Your Stress Sources

• Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the herd. This desire for preeminence isolates her and inhibits her readiness to give herself freely. While she wants to surrender and let herself go, she regards this as a weakness which must be resisted. This self-restraint, she feels, will lift her above the rank and file and ensure recognition as a unique and distinctive personality.

• Willing to participate and to allow herself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.Feels that she is burdened with more than her fair share of problems. However, she sticks to her goals and tries to overcome her difficulties by being flexible and accommodating.

Trying to calm down and unwind after a period of over-agitation which has left her listless and devoid of energy. In need of peace and quiet; becomes irritable if this is denied him.

Your Desired Objective

• Longs for tenderness and for a sensitivity of feeling into which she can blend. Responsive to anything esthetic and tasteful.

Your Actual Problem

Wants to be valued and respected, and seeks this from a close and peaceful association of mutual esteem.

I did it twice. Once on the PC which implied that I used charm to get what I wanted and this one on the laptop, where the colour resolution is not so good.

Your Existing Situation

Imaginative and sensitive; seeking an outlet for these qualities--especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Your Stress Sources

Wishes to be independent, unhampered, and free from any limitation or restriction, other than those which she imposes of herself or by her own choice and decision.

Willing to participate and to allow herself to become involved, but tries to fend off conflict and disturbance in order to reduce tension.

Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood or adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.

Your Desired Objective

Shelves her ambitions and forgoes her desire for prestige as she prefers to take things easily and indulge her longing for comfort and security.

Your Actual Problem

Fights against restriction or limitation, and insists on developing freely as a result of her own efforts.

Forgot to say I first did this about 20 years ago with my friend who was training to be a psychotherapist. My father had just died and the results showed my major disappointment.

Edited by call me jaded

Just for fun, I did the test for this site, using the amount of each colour on the pages:

Your Existing Situation

Pursues his objectives and his own-self-interest with stubborn determination; refuses to compromise or make concessions.

Your Stress Sources

Eager to make a good impression, but worried and doubtful about the likelihood of succeeding. Feels that he has a right to anything he might hope for, and becomes helpless and distressed when circumstances go against him. Finds the mere possibility of failure most upsetting and this can even lead to nervous prostration. Sees himself as a 'victim' who has been misled and abused, mistakes this dramatization for reality and tries to convince himself that his failure to achieve standing and recognition is the fault of others.

Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity but tends to hold aloof emotionally.

Feels trapped in a distressing or uncomfortable situation and seeking some way of gaining relief. Able to achieve satisfaction through sexual activity providing no turmoil or emotional agitation is involved.

Conditions are such that he will not let himself become intimately involved without making mental reservations.

Your Desired Objective

Feels exhausted by conflict and quarreling and desires protection from them. Needs peaceful conditions and a tranquil environment in which to relax and recover.

Your Actual Problem

Disappointment at the non-fulfillment of his hopes and the fear that to formulate fresh goals will only lead to further setbacks have resulted in considerable anxiety. He tries to escape from this by withdrawing and protecting himself with an attitude of cautious reserve. Moody and depressed.

Your Actual Problem #2

Depleted vitality has created an intolerance for any further stimulation, or demands on his resources. A feeling of powerlessness subjects him to agitation, irritation, and acute distress from which he tries to escape by refusing further direct participation. He confines himself to a cautious approach and a concealed determination to get his own way in the end.

Which probably explains why the colour scheme still makes me uncomfortable :(

The psychology of the shades Luscher chose to match certain states of mind is endlessly fascinating to me. Others seem to get bored after the first hour or two when i try to explain it.

So I won't ;)

nemo

Nemo - I'm facinated by this kind of thing........... please tell us - promise not to nod off! :whistle:

Do you have a 20 minute version??? :D

There's a slight problem...

Ian is coming round tomorrow, and Zemanski has had Cinders tidying his little a**e off, so my bible has been buried under a library of ASD educational and legal documents. I shall dig it out tomorrow and try to explain it without boring you to :crying: .

The most obvious aspect is that the brighter the shade, the more it excites the eye and the brain and therefore the heart. Which is why the colours in the test are mostly midway along the scale (from black to brilliant). This lets you choose more by colour than shade. However, just because you choose the yellow or orange-red first does not necessarily mean that you're all bright and excited. It can (and often does) mean exactly the opposite - that you feel the need for more excitement and stimulation in your life.

The one aspect that I find stangest is that it only works well for Europeans. Obviously in places like Japan where white symbolises death, the black and grey shades have a completely different meaning. The same with colours that different societies have given different meanings/values. But in America, where the population is mainly ex-european with european values, it doesn't work so accurately :blink:

anyway, must get back to the duster. More tomorrow. Same bat time, same bat channel!

Edited by littlenemo

this was interesting

Sensitive; needs esthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm intimacy

Your Stress Sources

The existing situation is disagreeable. Has an unsatisfied need to ally herself with others whose standards are as high as her own, and to stand out from the rank and file. Her control of her sensual instincts restricts her ability to give herself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow herself to merge with another. This disturbs her. as such instincts are regarded as weaknesses to be overcome; she feels that only by continued self-restraint can she hope to maintain her attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved or admired for herself alone; needs attention, recognition, and the esteem of others.

Feels that she is receiving less than her share and that there is no one on whom she can rely for sympathy and understanding. Pent-up emotions and a certain egocentricity make her quick to take offense, but she realizes that she has to make the best of things as they are.

Circumstances are such that she feels forced to compromise for the time being if she is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Your Desired Objective

Seeks success, stimulation, and a life full of experience. Wants to develop freely and to shake off the shackles of self-doubt, to win, and to live intensely. Likes contacts with others and is enthusiastic by nature. Receptive to anything new, modern, or intriguing; has many interests and wants to expand her fields of activity. Optimistic about the future.

Your Actual Problem

Takes a delight in action and wants to be respected and esteemed for her personal accomplishments.

Your Actual Problem #2

The fear that she might be prevented from achieving the things she wants leads her to play her part with an urgent and hectic intensity.

thanks i enjoyed that

shaz

x

Your Existing Situation

Readily participates in things that provide excitement or stimulation. Wants to feel exhilarated.

Your Stress Sources

Resists any form of pressure from others and insists on her independence as an individual. Wants to make up her own mind without interference, to draw her own conclusions and arrive at her own decisions. Detests uniformity and mediocrity. As she wants to be regarded as one who gives authoritative opinions, she find it difficult to admit to being wrong, while at times she is reluctant to accept or understand another's point of view.

Circumstances are such that she feels forced to compromise for the time being if she is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.

Believes that she is not receiving her share--that she is neither properly understood nor adequately appreciated. Feels that she is being compelled to conform, and close relationships leave her without any sense of emotional involvement.

An unadmitted lack of confidence makes her careful to avoid open conflict and she feels she must make the best of things as they are.

Feels rather isolated and alone, but is too reserved to allow herself to form deep attachments. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense.

Your Desired Objective

Her need to feel more causative and to have a wider sphere of influence makes her restless and she is driven by her desires and hopes. May try to spread her activities over too wide a field.

Your Actual Problem

Feels insufficiently valued in her existing situation, and is seeking different conditions in which she will have greater opportunity of demonstrating her worth.

Your Actual Problem #2

Feels restricted and prevented from progressing; seeking a solution which will remove these limitations.

If anyone wants to know more about the Luscher colour test

this and the next page explain the basics.

Or you could buy the book, though according to Amazon it seems to be out of print. But they do have several second-hand copies (may not include the colour strips)

This explains the basic physics of how colour works, while

this is a good link for the basics of colour psychology (if you ignore the author's claims to have discovered Luscher's values for colours 5 years after Luscher's book came out in paperback :shame: )

Colour theory is a vast subject covering psychology, physiology, physics and sociology. It is also far more important to our moods and other senses than most people would like to admit, but because there are so many factors involved it is difficult to set up quantifiable experiments. This means that using colour for therapy is still seen as being up there with the orgone or dolphin therapies, which is a shame.

And yet every DIY programme uses colour to shange the shape and feel of a room, so it's not as if it isn't common knowledge. The only real trick is to to combine a basic colour wheel with the Luscher values for colours and you can create a well-balanced colour scheme for any environment to create a specific mood in most people.

Go on! Splash out on a couple of tins of paint and change the size, shape and feel of one of your rooms. Just don't forget to talk it through with the Aspie in the family. You don't want to have to redo it because it sounds too loud or whatever :blink:

enjoy

nemo

Edited by littlenemo

thats brilliant!

mine says i want to feel exhilerated and i do!!mine was me spot on,i find that so fascinating