sylv

Nick's dx

I dont know if I am happy or sad....I had tears when they told us that Nick has Aspergers....

I am grateful though we know for sure now. Alarming was that Nick obviously told the Dr he still gets bullied and we didnt know all about and that he suffers from it....which makes me feel awful.

Anyway...we get help now and will go to school and get them to help too.....

I probably now will read a little more about Aspergers. The Dr's said that we are very good parents...and that Nick is very intelligent (of course that we knew already...).

Sorry I dont want to go on...just wanted to share...and say thank you for all support in the past!!!!

Love,

SylvXXX

I always say this; no matter how much you were expecting the dx, it always takes a while for you to come to terms with it. You feel pleased, relieved and devastated all in one go.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Lauren

Even when you know it's coming it's tough when you hear it said outloud for the first time. You need to take it all in and give yourself time to get used to it. We'll be here when you need us. >:D<<'>

Thank you all ever so much >:D<<'>

You describe exactly how I feel. I knew there was more than only ADD what Nick was suffering from as he was different from birth.

Now knowing it it makes me feel very sad...but relieved at the same time???

I am glad I can come here...there are so many answers to my questions now...his soiling...was explained to me today...he feels different...or he doesnt feel at all....

Him being so very much intelligent but so different for others.

The teacher in his school said, she has no problems, behaviour wise at the moment...

He is not a bad boy...I so much understand now better, although I am very emotional at the same time.

Thank you all for your post, that helps so much,

SylvXXX

I think that most people on this site know exactly how you feel. It's a time of very mixed emotions. Take time to come to terms with them. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sylv,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hold on to what the Dr said - you are very good parents (isn't it great to hear a professional acknowledge that!). You'll obviously want to do as much as you can to help your son now you have the dx, but for now, as others have said, take it easy and give yourself a little time to get used to it.

K x

oh sylvia >:D<<'> i know how you are feeling, i was feeling this way just a week ago. it dont matter how well prepared you are, its still a shock. you are great parents and nick is lucky he has you and th. take care hun >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Sylv

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> what to say ...yes I know this road already it is not a smooth motorway it is more like a stony pathway going up the hill :tearful: and you don't know yet what you will see when you are at the top, :unsure: but one day I had a dream and when I came at the top I saw a wonderful valley with a river and trees and the sun raising up :rolleyes: an amazing dream before H was even born and the pathway was desertic and so hard to climb....

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Take care Sylv.

Malika.

I am speechless....after "abandon" you all for so long I've get all this lovely supporting messages from you.... :oops:

I dont know how I feel. My husband takes it much easier, but then he is Nicks stepdad and has a different bond to him then I have, I guess. I dont want to say he loves him less, he doesnt, he is a very good Dad and we heard last night that we are "very good parent" as the doctors said. I mean, all we try to achieve is to raise Nick the best way we can, that he has a good start in life, as the most of the parents want for their children.

I was kind of chuffed what they told us about Nick....above average intelligent...very sensitive (ok I knew that but Hubby had to hear that)....that he is unique (also that was not new..)

It is now confirmed and I will do the research work for it now more direct if that makes sense.

I also have applied for another job, less stressful one and maybe I have a chance with that. It will help us all in the long run.

I also will come here now more often as I need information I can get here as you all are so much more experienced then I am.

Thank you again for listening and a big >:D<<'> for being there for me,

Love,

SylvXXX

I think the thing that helped me to get through this was remembering that it didn't change who The Boy was - he was the same little chap that I'd always loved.

What it did mean was that I could learn more about ASD and so understand better how to help him have a happy life.

At the end of the day, you can look at all your hopes and dreams for your kids & it all boils down to that one simple sentence "I want him to have a happy life."

We might now have to adjust how we help our son have a happy life, but being on the spectrum doesn't mean he can't.

Sending >:D<<'> Take care of yourself.