Viper

freezing children.

My nt dd has just told me that someone was farting in her class today so the teacher said if the person responsible didn't own up he would open all the windows until they did. No one owned up (there's a surprise) so the kids had to sit in a freezing classroom for about an hour and a half while the teacher sat in his padded coat.

She has told me about him doing this kind of thing before cos he says the kids stink.

:o

The title conjures up a rather alarming image - or maybe it's just my warped sense of humour! :lol:

This teacher sounds seriously weird and his reaction seems OTT - what if the person who did the deed couldn't help it? Even if it was deliberate, he has ensured that all the kids now know exactly what it takes to wind him up.

I would have thought it was counterproductive to distract children from learning by makeing them deliberately uncomfortable.

K

UNION LEADER HEAD ON HERE

Under the Offices, Shops and Railway Premises Act of 1963 employees should not be working at temperatures of under 16 degrees Centigrade.

Minimum temperatures for schools are laid down in the Education (School Premises) Regulations 1999. An ordinary classroom should achieve a temperature of at least 18 degrees.

How silly, as if the person responsible is going to own up - that would be too embarrassing for them.... This teacher is OTT tell him to bring in some spray so the kids dont have to freeze. What if one of these kids gets sick from having the windows open for that long is he mad..

Do the other parents know about this - what age are these children???

i would be really fuming over this because my twin dd was 7 wks prem,she is two years behind in her growth and height and astmatic and very prone to chest infections. if she had been in that clas the school def would of known i was not happy that occured.

it is very cold and on/off snowing today and that certainly would not of been called for.i personally would question the head about this.

Why do school teachers treat farting like a criminal offence? it's just as natural as breathing...except noisier.

My daughter is in year 6 so these kids are 10/11. It has been snowing here today and when you think we are literally 5 minutes by car from the beach, I would think it is at least a couple of degrees colder than inland.

I have spoken to another mother and her daughter confirmed that the windows and doors to the outside were open for about an hour. So I will be making my feelings felt on this matter tomorrow and I wont be taking any prisoners either.

Id be complaining and putting my complaint in writing.

If this had happened in say a work place not a school there be some sort of law against it i bet.

The teacher involved wants repremanding.

farting is a natural process and we do not always get prewarned we are going to fart. The teacher should of said that if you are going to fart you should go to the toilet. However, alot of children are not allowed to go to the toilet in lesson time.

I would go and complain. They shut the school down when the boiler is not working so reducing the temperture in the classroom for so long is not acceptable and in not conductive to learning.

Jen

ok dumb thing here but when i saw the tittle of this topic i thought it was a discushion about putting children in cryogenic suspenshion (freezing the with liqued nitrogen) till a cure for asd's could be found

ok dumb thing here but when i saw the tittle of this topic i thought it was a discushion about putting children in cryogenic suspenshion (freezing the with liqued nitrogen) till a cure for asd's could be found

Have to admit Jonathan that although a serious topic I was itching to put:

"Pick when young and tender, blanch for five minutes and freeze immediately in marked containers. Should keep indefinitely."

Sorry...my mum was a home economics teacher and dad had a HUGE vegetable garden. Guess what we spent our days doing!

Have to admit Jonathan that although a serious topic I was itching to put:

"Pick when young and tender, blanch for five minutes and freeze immediately in marked containers. Should keep indefinitely."

Sorry...my mum was a home economics teacher and dad had a HUGE vegetable garden. Guess what we spent our days doing!

Sorry but Im really shocked that you would say such things..................................

Before I could :P

Seriously tho, this is outrageous.

redberry

Make the children hate you by depriving them of any warmth, a really good move, proves you have no empathy with children, don't understand how they think (a fart's a fart)

Seems to me the teacher is really insecure, bless him - he needs some help