Sign in to follow this  
Hectorshouse

Family Fund - Result

I applied to the family fund last year, but then sort of forgot about it all, two weeks ago a very nice lady rang me and then visited me, we sat and discussed my life, T's life, what I have to do his needs etc ... we went through the money coming in, and she made her notes ... I didn't hold my breath but ...

I am know the proud owner of a serious tumble dryer, I think I could get the whole family in there, a clothing grant for T, a grant for transport for him, and a holiday grant ... so it looks like things are on the up. No more trying to dry the soiled sheets and clothes over our pathetically small rads, I can now afford to get T some new trainers and clothes he desperately needs, have just bought our tent (and accessories) and booked our holiday camping with my sister and her family, which normally she pays for but only for 2 days, I was so surprised, usually things like this don't happen to me, it might have taken its time, but it was well worth it.

HHxx

That's brilliant news :D

Great news, sounds like things are definately on the up

And I hope the camping trip goes well, something I've never dared attempt with my 2.

am so pleased for you,ive applied but not heard nothing yet,only short while ago though,enjoy then camping