Sign in to follow this  
kirstie

WHAT A WEEK

:( Hi Everyone,

It has been a week from hell!!

First of all on our return from Oz we decided to drive down to Cardiff to get my two eldest boys from their Dads (couldn't wait any longer to see them :wub: ) All went well except a few days later when itwas time to drive back, the car wouldn't start!!! :o AA man did his best but the car is officially dead! :ph34r: So Richard and my eldest had to go in the recovery van all the way home to Edinburgh whilst i had to book a flight from Bristol for me Lewis and the baby!! :huh: Eventually we all arrive home. Then, the next morning when richard sets off to work and i wave him off and face the mound of washing my machine decides it's not playing anymore :crying: and Richard phones to say the exhaust on his van is gone!!! :tearful: Cue phonecalls to repair man for the machine (who says can't come for another week :angry: ) and garage who are quoting scary prices for the van. Just when i thought it couldn't get any worse baby comes down with horrendous diorreah (but not a tooth in sight) and then eldest son arrives home from school with chronic sickness and all that goes with it IYKWIM :sick: NOT a good week for the washing machine to die. :tearful: AND THEN my broadband decides it doesn't want to work anymore either.........cue long phonecalls and re-direction to every department from service provider. It is now, as you can see fixed. But i look forward to a massive mobile bill which is due oh, in the next day or two!! :crying::crying:

What can go wrong next.......... i dread to think, possibly the sickness bug will run through the house like wildfire and the machine will be unfixable :crying::crying:

I really needed to get that lot off my chest ............

Oh Kirstie :tearful: you must wish you were back in Oz!!

I hope things start improving soon and you find the energy to cope with all this.

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Poor you, does sound like all this could have happened before the holiday coz from the sounds of it you need one after the week you are having???

Chin up me luv it can only get better from here, take a lottery ticket and you never know.....

Edited by justamom

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Itll get better and youl look back and dare i say laugh at it all. :(

Oh wow kirstie :blink: Have you got a raincloud over your head too? :lol: aw what a terrible time hun,hope it gets sorted as quick as and as cheaply as possible!! >:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Kirstie,

Glad to see you back on board, finally. That will help take your mind off the washing machine :devil:

How did you enjoy Australia, was it your first time. :)

H.

I loved Australia!

We did all of the touristy things, as you do! From visiting palm beach to surfers paradise, it was an amazing experience. I'm glad we managed to fit in so many cities and places it's s truly huge country! B)

My washing machine has been condemned but a new one should be getting delivered soon! And yes, i caught the dreaded sickness bug :sick: ooooh it was dreadful! I wouldn't wish it on anyone, er maybe i would actually.... :devil: my cheatin' ex and his bimbette sister in law IYKWIM :clap::whistle: Hee hee!! :devil:

Actually i do have news that makes everything pale into insignificance, I'M getting married in July!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are so excited and i am planning things like a woman possessed! :lol:

Hi

Oh no ... you've had a nightmare of a time. I wouldn't have helped your mobile phone bill by wittering on and on about my news ? sorry! That same week I had broadband troubles as well as mobile phone troubles. R keeps hoarding things ... he put my good watch in the bucket, but bless his little heart he saw me turning the house upside down and decided to confess the night before the bins got emptied. Wasn't looking too great covered in baked beans and goodness knows what else! R also has a thing about phones. Went through 4 mobiles in 9 months ? guess I'll need to learn to keep them out of his way.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S on your forthcoming wedding ? how exciting!

Fantastic news.

Regards.

Caroline.

By eck! That's a week and a half that is! :blink:

Hope you all recover from the nasty bug

And great to hear about the wedding bells. :dance::dance:

I love a good wedding, tell us when it is and we'll all choose what to wear. I fancy a long, lacy goth dress (in black or maybe red) I don't wear hats though. Can you make sure the reception room has a nice shiny dance floor so our kids can all go skidding along on their knees Peter Kay style!

You're on!!! i might join them! :lol::lol:

I have this image in my head of all of you turning up to my wedding and going, "Oh, look it's Viper, oh theres Flutter, and would you just look at Baddad trying to snog the bridesmaids...and so early!! :lol: " I wish you were all coming it would be the best wedding reception ever!!

Kirstie,

Many, many congrats :D:D Wonderful news :clap:

PS Can I be bridesmaid?

Maybe a few from the forum could join me....a wedding with a difference.....with bridesmaids called bagpuss, viper, flutter..... :lol::lol::lol:

There is nothing i would love more! It would be great, we could all fling wedding cake around instead of the stottie/bun fights planned in August!! :lol:

Thanks guys,

things could be looking up, had my new washing machine delivered today and no-one else has had the dreaded sickness bug, phew don't know how Lewis would have handled it!

Here's hoping i haven't just jinxed myself!!