Sign in to follow this  
butterflycake

does your child do this too?

Don't know why but J was just the same - used to take upwards of an hour to calm him if he had a daytime nap. Hang in there ... >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hi Butterflycake,

Can't remember specifically about my AS daughter (aged 12) - as she cried nearly all the time.

However, my NT 3yr old does it - although she still sleeps in with me - so I thought it may just be because when she wakes in the morning I'm there and when she wakes from a nap she's on her own (also she's a little more grumpy when waking from a nap rather than a nights sleep).

Sorry can't help any more.

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

You have bought back some memories for me keegan is now 12 and he used to do the same thing, i used to think that it was not enough sleep or plain grumpy from waking up??? Dont know strange though!!

This is so interesting , when my boy awoke from a nap he,d scream blue murder, especially if you went in the room to see him or looked at him.I used to have to crawl in on the floor, put his favourite video on then crawl out again, an hour of the video and he,d be o.k. again.It was a nightmare though, and I have no idea why he did this so have a big hug instead >:D<<'> Suzex.

My son used to do the same thing up to about 2yrs, by 3 he had stopped having naps....too hyper to sleep.

H did the same until he was 4yrs old, i never figured out why either :rolleyes:

Just an idea, but maybe waking from a nap is more dis-orientating than waking after a nights sleep.

Clare :robbie:

H did the same until he was 4yrs old, i never figured out why either :rolleyes:

Just an idea, but maybe waking from a nap is more dis-orientating than waking after a nights sleep.

Clare :robbie:

Yeah!!! Totally agree with you on this one madmooch, i think its more dis-orientating for then

m when they wake up!!! makes sense

I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST REECE BUT HE WAS JUST THE SAME AND HE EVEN DOES IT NOW IF HE FALLS ASLEEP LATE AFTERNOON. JUST TRY TO REASURE HIM AND WAIT IT OUT HANG IN THERE >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

When my ASD son was a toddler/baby he always woke up with a smile on his face, half the time I didn't even realise he was awake, but when you peered in at him he would give you a big grin.

My NT? son on the otherhand is a nightmare if he has a nap, he wakes up screaming and gets into

a right state, youre not allowed near him and if you do the slightest thing wrong then you have hell

to pay!! actually he reminds me of myself when I wake up :whistle::whistle:

Brook :D

Edited by Brook

my son whos nonverbal crys and gets really upset after he wakes from his afternoon nap? but he doent cry when he wakes up in the morning, anyone know why this is? thanks.

My NT toddler (two) does this as well - wierd isn't it? :huh:

Reading this has reminded me that Kyle used to do this when he was younger (he very rarely naps now)

We used to have to ignore him completely, couldn't even look at him as that would make him worse.

My younger two (NT) are sometimes grumpy after a nap, I have to bring them downstairs, then put them back up to finish off their nap, lol!

Maybe when they wake up in the morning they have been gradually woken up by the lack of dark with the replacement of night, but in the afternoons it is quiet sudden (in comparison). Sorry is only thing I can think of.

I'd forgotten that my ds done this also. Last weekend he'd been quite poorly and slept a lot during the day. He's now better and now that he is verbal he told me that he hates falling asleep during the day as he had missed the daytime. He's also not keen on going to bed in these summer nights as "its still light out there mam".

Gardenia