Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Wish us luck.

:blink: Hi , been kinda busy of late with stuff in general.Had a bit of a bad week with my eldest ASD son, stuff going on at school.Which having a mum as dozey as I am has,nt helped.

For example , I pack his bag for him........with a little help from him too :huh: , all these new high school books and subjects are very confusing.He had Food Technology this week (which of course is the modern day equivalent of cookery, or as in my day Home Economics)..........but silly mum that I am I did,nt realise that he needed his design technology folder for this subject.So he gets to school and does,nt have is correct book(the anxiety and anger begins to brew).Break time and he finds his mum has forgotten to pack his snack and drink :( .THEN......................dinner time and he finds his ******* mum has ALSO forgotten his dinner money :crying: ...................yep things go rapidly down hill.One of his lovely LSA,s did lend him some money for his dinner :notworthy: ............thank goodness.

Next he goes to his next class and his LSA is a little late (helping another pupil get to class).............in between his arrival and her arrival in the classroom, my boy has had a detention for shouting out during register.................well the s*** hit the fan and he was taken out and back to the support room.

Well you,d think after all that his mother (me???) would be on top of her game and double checking every book, timetable etc ............and I was believe me.So how come I screwed up AGAIN!!...............yesterday I looked at his timetable .........the subject ..........REST MAT............ :huh: .Well I thought that must be a relaxation class to help the kids in the unit relax and chill out after a busy week..................How wrong can you be :crying: .

Yep my son turned up to his Resistant Materials class with no folder or his homework which he HAD done.

So message to self ...............Rest Mat is not a relaxation class, but infact Resistant Materials (whatever they are)???.

So onto my next BIG THING..............my daughter who is 8 was born with talipes (club foot).........she,s had ops , orthotics, splints, physio etc.On monday at 8.00am were off to hospital for another operation on her left foot (the worse one ).I,m dreading this ................not very good in hospitals, or seeing poorly kids , or my little girl in pain :( So please wish us luck , she will be in a plaster cast up to her thigh for 6 weeks as well.)Anyway I better go and feed me chickens ................... >:D<<'> Suzex

Suze.... what a week :o

First off..... lots of hugs to you and your daughter for next week. I will be thinking of you both. Hope it isn't too stressful for you both and that she makes a speedy recovery. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> How long will she be in hospital for?

Re the books and time-tabels :lol::lol: Oh dear... the tears were nearly pouring down my face.... but tbh... I've never heard of Resistant Materials either.... and expect I would have made exactly the same assumptions :lol: I too am getting in a muddle with all of Bill's books. For instance... he has two different maths teachers and a seperate book for each of them... ditto with science. I've also forgotten his snack once... never again after the fall out from that... :o Added to that he's on a two week time-table and I keep getting the weeks mixed up :oops:

Hey... we're only human :D

Will be thinking of you and your dd next week Suze, please let us know how she is. >:D<<'>

Flozza XXX

Suze,

Sending you many >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've sent the wrong books to school so many times I can't count them :lol: ! My DS is 13 and has never had a subject called Res Mat, is that D&T? This term he's having 2 schedules, so I'm trying really hard not to get all muddled up. :blink:

All the best to your daughter on Monday! Hope the Op goes well, without pain and that she'll be fine soon.

Curra

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Lots of these for you and your daughter. My friends daughter has this condition and sepnt a great deal of time in and out of hospital and I know how much it used to upset her Mum :( Her daughter is now 26 and a qualified Nursery Nurse with a blooming good job :D Which does not help you one jot but she did come through it all and out the otherside in the end.

As for your son :angry: sorry I do not think that this is funny one bit. Your son as part of his disability relies heavily on you to do his planning and packing. You have a great deal on your mind at the moment which is never taken into account in schools but flamming well should be. If he is anything like my son then everything that happened would be 'your' fault and not his and that would impact on the way he was with me. :tearful:

Life is so tough :tearful: I really hope it goes well next week for you all. Are you going to write a letter to the school telling them that Mum has other things which she must attend to this week? I think maybe I would then if it all goes pear shaped you can have a good old :angry::angry::angry: and get rid of some of your pent up emotions :devil:

Oracle

Edited by oracle

Yikes !! :o What a week !! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :(>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Great big, huuuugggeeee hugs to you and your daughter for Monday. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I have everything crossed that it's as stress-free as possible. >:D<<'>

I'm the same....... Totally forgot that on Wed the school was having a sponsored 'bring in your sunglasses for guide dogs' day........ He was the only one without his sunnies (and....ironically, he's usually the only one who wears them every day!!!!!). Thankfully, a teacher lent him hers :notworthy::rolleyes: . And i've forgotten his snack money..... AND his water bottle................ And that's just this week........ So you're not alone :rolleyes:>:D<<'>

>:D<<'>

Suze

Good luck to you and your daughter tomorrow. Hope things go more smoothly than anticipated.

Totally sympathise with regard to getting children to school with all the correct equipment, books, P.E. kits, etc. It's a total nightmare. We have timetables everywhere. coloured stickers on everything which correspond to days of the week, checklists taped to the front door, and we still go wrong! I find that I'm by far the worst at forgetting things!

Monday tomorrow - groan!

Anyway, best wishes to you at the hospital.

Barefoot

Suze,

Thinking of you and hope all goes well today. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

Edited by Kathryn

Hi hen >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Had missed this one (just flying visits over w/e), so I hope everything went OK today and that it's all looking good after the op etc...

Keep us posted, and very VERY best to all of you, and especially DD

:wub: n :pray: n >:D<<'>

BD >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> thanks guys, shes definetely better now!..............took 12 hrs to get her heart rate up, due to the spinal block and anaethestic, so that was a bit worrying.She canb,t weight bear for 5 wks so shes got a frame and a wheel chair, and a lovely purple plaster cast.

It,s been a difficult week, my son has been very challenging at times, and the lack of empathy side has been very hard to bare.He has been quite cruel to his sister.It breaks me in 2 as my kids are my world, but I just can,t seem to get him to understand or empathise.He,s been yelling in my face one minute then totally self absorbed and intoverted the next.Of course this week has been different etc, so I understand his state of mind etc. :crying: ...............thank you all for your pm,s things are a bit :( here at the mo, so I,ll try to get back to the forum soon, big hugs............

Suze >:D<<'>

So glad all well with your daughter now. Sounds like you've had a bit of a heavy week with one thing and another.

Good to hear from you and take care hun >:D<<'>

Floz :D x

Hi hun -

glad everything is looking good :D>:D<<'> >:D<<'> ... You (and she and everyone else involved) must be totally drained.

Very, VERY best

L&P& >:D<<'> as always

BD :D

It's over now and hopefully you can have a bit of a break and rest. Hope your daughter is one the mend soon.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oracle

well, weve just got back from booths hall childrens hospital :dance: , and the plaster cast is off!..............yipee........no more wheel chair.......we have a frame now :P .She can have a bath tonight...............a good thing as she pongs :lol: .Her little leg is all covered in disgusting flaky skin.Her scars have healed really well and now we just have to practice walking again.So no school tomorrow as her leg feels odd.But knowing my maddog daughter she,ll be back to normal very quickly. Just in time for her 8th birthday on friday >:D<<'> .Suzex

Great news, Suze, I bet it's been a very long few weeks for you all!

I hope she has a fantastic birthday on Friday. :)

K x

how did i miss this post? :wub: so pleased your dd on the mend and she has a lovely birthday on friday,ive just been looking for chrimbo pressies for katie and theres so much you can get for girls,when i go out shopping though im just gonna take cash cos i know i w2ill get carried away with credit card!!what are 8 year old girls into nowdays?i think its bratz,that would suit katie at the mo cos she is behaving like one tonight :crying:

sorry i went completely off topic there didnt i!!