Sign in to follow this  
stressedmumto2

Permanently excluded

Well I got the phone call. I knew what they was gonna say and I thought I had toughened myself up too handle it but how wrong can I be.

Now the massive battle begins with trying to get him into residential and not the local EBD which is just over the road from us.

I guess one thing that may go in my favour is the school said they couldn't connect with him when he went into one and would worry incase of him running off school site and back home, they couldn't ensure his safety or that of other children (needless to say there have been no incident involving other children), hopefully in a way it may go in my favour that the school they want to send him to is in the same road as this school so if they have concerns about running off, that is already one of my concerns if he goes to EBD school, that it is only a few roads away, dangerous roads and that he would easily be able to climb the fence.

Ah, got that out of my system now :(

Sorry to hear it's got you stressed; but i think you're right- the previous school's experiences may help you with the next fight.

The good news is he's out of a bad environment (for hm), and as he is now without a school place the LEA will be forced to act sooner rather than later (although i know their soon is not the same as our soon)

Put your feet up and have a cup of tea/ glass of wine, and gather your energy for the next stage.

Best of luck

Keep going girl!

You have a very bossy friend and her little sidekick who beleive in you! :ph34r::whistle:

Love

H

absolutely!!! you can do this love, we all are with you 100% :ph34r: i know you must feel totaly like :fight: but follow your heart and you wont go wrong. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

something good has GOT to happen :pray:

oh no, even though you have been expecting it, i bet its still really hard. :( but like the others have said, if it gives you the ammo you need for the fight to get him into the other school it might turn out for the best. :ph34r: sending you loads of positive vibes, hope you have a cold one in the fridge for later sounds like you deserve it!

Thanks everybody,

Well I wish it would help, but I wrote that before I got the e-mail which they are sending out and what they told me on the phone to what they have put in the letter are two very different things.

They told me they coyuldn't connect with him when he was in a rage and was concerned for safety and incase he run off school grounds, so why have they not mentioned those two things in letter, me thinks some people just wont admit when they can't do no more to help, arghhhhh :crying:

sounds about right dont it hun? >:D<<'> if i had a �1 for everytime a school has said one thing and done another........................ :whistle:

i was in your position 3 years ago and never thought there would be a positive outcome but now steve is in a special school which he is so happy at,there will no doubt be a fight ahead with the lea but put your boxing gloves on,keep posting and you will get there in the end,we with you all the way xx

Just a thought. As they have not written confirming what they said would it be worth you responding formally in writing confirming what was stated on the phone and copying in the lea. They may still deny but worth a try. If they say its H&S then have they done risk assessments about him running out of school and if so you would like a copy! Good luck