loulou

mothers day

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered how many of you receive mothers day cards/presents from your children?

This is the first year Kai (AS/ADHD) has EVER written me a card. Every year my Mum buys him a card for me but he won't write in it as he doesn't see the point. He's the same with birthdays, christmas etc. It is very rare (and usually involves major bribery) for him to ever sign a card. He really hates giving people presents and always says we should keep the money for ourselves :( .

Don't know if this is due to his AS/ADHD or whether he is just plain mean and stubborn?

However, this year he has made me a card at school even though he said it was extremely boring making it!

He has written in it himself and it was so sweet i nearly cried. Even the spelling mistakes were cute :wub: .

This is what he wrote (spelling mistakes included):

"To Mum

I missed you so much at house, the second I got to school I cood not wait until Friday which ment not a to good week.

Love from Kai"

Bless him :wub: . It's funny how one little card could mean so much. I was so pleased.

Loulou xx

Awww, that sounds lovely, my boy is a bit the same with cards, it has to be if the mood takes him but my daughter is the opposite, she's always writing me notes, making cards etc.

How's he getting on at school and how's the baby?

how have things been with you too?

Oh Lou lou :tearful::wub::wub:

Youngest dd brought home a Mothers Day card she'd made a school yesterday.....it was lovely :wub:

Eldest dd joined Brownies last week, and they have asked all the mums to go in half hour early tonight to pick them up, for some sort of Mothers Day celebration :tearful::wub::wub:

Take care x

Edited by Bagpuss

It might just be a man thing. I often forget about mothers day and don't like how corporate it is. I'm not getting my mum a card this year (by agreement) but have got her a nice plant. A jasmine to be precise. That cost �10 and I decided it would last far longer than a card. Part of the problem is just how much they charge for cards. I now get my Christmas and Birthday ones down the market. Sounds really good that your son made a card. That way it means a lot more in anycase. Hope all you mums on here have a great mothers day, David.

awww its sweet is'nt it kurtis has made me one too but opened book bag saw some thing and asked jamie to remove it till sunday can't wait to see it , it makes your heart melt when they do one :D

My son gave me his it was the nicest present i could ever ask for :tearful: It says "i love my mum because she loves to hug me" :crying::D:D

And he gave m a cuddle :D

:D awww so sweet !

My DS said "we are not bothering with Mother's Day Mum are we ? its just another chance for the shops to grab your money" ..... :crying::crying: Got that from his Dad !!!!!!

I got a cardboard heart glued to a stick with a poem 'Ben' had written himself....(spelling mistakes included :lol: )

Roses are red

Vyolets are kool

I'll macke sure

none's a fool

:wub::wub::wub:

steve phoned me from mums tonight to see what i wanted for mothers day :wub::wub::wub: i said a wanted a pound of rhubarb and custard sweets :D would mean loads to me if he went over shop and got them,i went in town and got a card for him and k to write in,i love homemade cards but steves 13 and k not been to nursery this week so i missed out on one :crying:

J's just gone out with Dad to get me some flowers. God knows what he'll come back with, last year's looked like a scarecrow.

He's made me a card at school, and I've had to pretend not to see it when I took his homework out yesterday.

And like a nelly I've booked a horse riding lesson for the two of us in the afternoon - must consult my diary before doing such things in future.

Karen

x

steve come hme today with a lovely card,it said in it to mum,you no you mean the world 2 me :wub::wub: and i got bar of chocolate,my mum said he ate rhubarb and custard on the way over here :lol:

Aah Hev, that's so sweet. We know our little monkeys love us really (even though it's sometimes hard to see) :wub::wub: . I bet Steve has got a very sore tongue after eating all those sweets!

I just found another card in Kai's book bag. It's got a paint hand print and a poem that says:

I MISS YOU WHEN WE'RE NOT TOGETHER

I'M GROWING UP SO FAST

SEE HOW BIG I'VE GOTTEN

SINCE YOU SAW ME LAST?

AS I GROW, I'LL CHANGE A LOT,

THE YEARS WILL FLY RIGHT BY.

YOU'LL WONDER HOW I GREW SO QUICK

WHEN AND WHERE AND WHY?

SO LOOK UPON THIS HAND PRINT

THAT'S HANGING ON YOUR WALL.

AND MEMORIES WILL COME BACK OF ME,

WHEN I WAS VERY SMALL.

I'm sure lots of mums from Kai's school shed a few tears over that one! :wub:

Loulou xx

I got some homemade flowers from ds#2 that he'd made at nursery (well he said his teacher made it lol)

And there's a card in G's book bag that I had to pretend not to see. I'm very surprised it didn't have a StarWars theme as everything else he does usually does.

The cards from school mean the world to me, I love them!

:D Cute thread! :D

My little man brought me a gift at school on thursday - he ran upstairs when he got home and hid it :ph34r::lol: . He came bounding into my room this morning (6.50! :crying: ) shouting 'Happy mummys day mummy!!!! I LOVE you! :dance:' ....... I didn't have the heart to tell him it was the wrong day. He gave me a cute little trinket box :wub: and the BIGGEST hug :wub::D

:D:D:D

I got the most gorgeous card from ds2 that he made at school (with plenty of help!), but the best bit is the pyramid shaped box he coloured at his mencap afterschool club that had a peppermint cream in it and a warning that it was probably not actually edible! :lol:

Judging by the smell of it he's put half the bottle of peppermint flavouring in it and the colour looks like it was supposed to be white......! Bless him.

Hope everyone else has a lovely relaxing day. :D

Nikki.

i have lots of card making tat cos i think they are lovely when they make them themselves....so el and her cousins sat round my kitchen table a couple of weeks ago (i know, i like to be organised) and made cards! funny enough tho she hasnt written in it but she usually does :lol:

happy mothers day everyone!

hi,

Kai brought me a bowl of cereal in bed this morning. Lovely, i thought until i realised he'd put banana on it. I really hate banana! Kai thought it was really funny, little **** :devil: .

Loulou xx

Mmmm Mothers day,

eldest son no job, but is down from scotland for a week, got a lovely card,

2nd son(adhd) pay cheque not cleared so a bar of galaxy, thought was there,

Daughter card and 2 lovely pots of flowers she had painted the pots her self,

youngest son (adhd & HFA) came in the bedroom stood and looked at me,

until hubby reminded him about the card,

hubby made me a cup of tea in bed and breakfast in bed.

children then argued unti l now, M (HFA) kept going int one whenever

some one said anything he didn't like or looked at him wrong.

although hubby made them washup etc

Still soon be bedtime, me not them LOL

I've had kisses and kicks today!! Lots of lovely kisses and cuddles and 'happy mother's day' wishes from all of them, especially DS2, who seconds later is kicking me over something or other. Hey ho.

The kisses and cuddles have been lovely, though. Hubby had to go to work, but he thoughtfully bought a couple of DVDs for the kids so I could just lie on the sofa with them!! (The kids, not the DVDs). Hurrah!

Lizzie :D

steven made a roast dinner for all 4 of us :o:wub::wub: he done so well,veg was lovely,he made the gravy in a massive saucepan,enough to feed an army :lol::lol::wub::wub:

I had a strange mothers day/

Kids were away at my parents overnight - got them back today. My asd son was kicking off a bit at their house when i went to collect them so I wanted to get out of their house asap!

Forbsay ( a stressed mummy tonight)

I had a lovely day. My daughter got me bath bombs and some lovely wooden roses plus a card. My son bought me a scented candle and a bath bomb plus a card. He made me breakfast of two buttered scones and a hazlenut yoghurt! It was delicious. Mid morning he got himself on Radio 1 on Vernon Kay's show!! He had called them up yesterday to ask if he could wish me happy mothers day. They called him back today and he had a good old chat with Vernon. I also had the pleasure of talking to him :wub::wub: He was so excited and was grinning from ear to ear when Vernon called him a 'legend!!'

I was so proud of him as he was so nervous and tends to gabble really fast and be hard to understand but he did brilliantly.

My son the superstar!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

My eldest son is still finishing making me a present at school, he made me a clock last yer with the words mum and battery operated :thumbs: so looking forward to his one too and i do love what he makes for me will treasure them forever :wub:

As for T well T doesnt do presents and cards unless they are for him and he refused to make me card all week :( but i know T and i dont try to take it to heart and just hold on to the fact that one day he will love too. He refused to say happy mothers day to me until i said it to him first :lol::lol: so we wished eachother happy mothers day and that was the end of it! :lol::lol:

Bambi x