hev

my positive thread

I've noticed that Bard is always right over the last few months (both here and elsewhere)..... can't comment on the second statement yet. :lol:

Louise

So that's an alabaster pedestal with an Ionic capital. I'll pick my Mysterious Oracle name later.

You two are daft, you know that, don't you?

>:D<<'> :lol::lol:>:D<<'>

its brill

Someone recommended a book for me to read but ive already spent a small fortune at the bookshop this summer and I have a kind of library phobia so I put a wanted ad on freecycle for it and Im going to collect one this morning :D

I've got rid of so much junk its unreal and picked up stuff for the garden and even a small fish tank ;)

give it a go

really cant find a positive today,im gonna start a negative thread and it will be just for me :o:(

really cant find a positive today,im gonna start a negative thread and it will be just for me :o:(

Don't do that........................... there might not be any positives today but tomorrow is another day!! Sending you big hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i found a positive :dance::dance::dance: went shopping with my sister last night and got myself a family size gypsy tart,i havent had one of them for ages,went home and waited till everyone went to bed and ate the lot :eat: my shop dont seem to do gypsy tarts,ooh it was heaven :thumbs:

What's a gypsy tart Hev? It sounds like something Mumble might like :eat: :eat:

I was very good and didn't buy a cake today - I'm regreting that decision now and searching for anything sweet to eat.

We (DH and me) started stripping the wall paper off our bedroom walls - it is the only room in the house that has never been decorated by us and we've been here for over 8 years now so I think it's waited long enough.

Took YS's Foxdenton chair to his new school today. (Phoned Monday to check I could hand it in).

Louise

:unsure: Got a call from a friend........ would i like to go and watch a little purple thing ( :o ), in a big white thing ( :shame: ) tommorrow night, 'coz someone or other can't make it - so there's a spare ticket.........

I have visions of being hunted down and beaten to within an inch of my life - or worse still - forced into a tight perm :curlers: , shell suit :bat: and bum bag :shame: , for being a non-believer.

Hmmmmmmmmm - have searched through entire CD collection (aka, the cupboard that must not be opened for fear of avalanche), and can only find a couple of songs by the little purple one formally known as Nigel on some ropey old compilation cd's............................. :blink:

Oh yoykes................. :lol:

Have got some Irish whiskey - in honour of my trip to Dublin ( in about 4 hours!!!!!) which is making me feel much more positive!!!! :rolleyes::drunk:

Have a great time purplegail - S & I went there a few years ago & loved it.

We had a lovely meal out, belated birthday meal for JP last night with S & her boyfriend too. His favourite pizza & chocolate birthday cake, plus a balloon at his chair in honour of the occasion.

EXTREMELY glad that he got over his balloon phobia several years ago!

Just got back from the pet shop, and managed to come home without any pets :thumbs:

Got all my ironing done, including DH's shirt for tomorrow.........Stepford here I come :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

meggzie gone away to a mates for the nite :jester:

and i have cleaned her rooommmmm Sorry babes if u reading this

it is very very very very very clean :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

baggy "stepford" ahh yes, i have always said i wanted a stepford pill to make me a better wifey and mummi

can u see me in one of those frocks :sick: cant see me managin the hair do either lmao

handin big man his drinkie as he comes through the door

xxx

A Stepford Wife...I think I'd like to try it.

Imagine having nothing more pressing to worry about other than whether your laundry is white enough, or what flavour of Pot Pourri to put in which room. My sister-in-law is one, she lives an uncomplicated life in a little cottage in Gloucestershire, It has an entire floor of guest bedrooms, a gardener for the grounds and she has three major holidays a year, including a cruise.

The simplicity of being a chattel appeals sometimes!

Edited by Bard

Took the girlies to MD's for their lunch......and had a salad :o:clap: Then because I had been SO healthy, I had a huge icecream :lol::lol:

Eldest dd gone to a party.....she looks scared.....it involves having their nails painted :curlers: Have to collect her at 6.30, not looking forward to it, worried about what I may find :unsure:

Have bought DH and I some some steak for tonight, going to cook us a nice meal, as he was abandoned last night......he says I'm scaring him now :lol::lol: I may meet him at the door, with a hug, just to completely terrorise him :devil::devil::devil:

Edited by Bagpuss

Guest Lya of the Nox
Have bought DH and I some some steak for tonight, going to cook us a nice meal, as he was abandoned last night......he says I'm scaring him now :lol::lol: I may meet him at the door, with a hug, just to completely terrorise him :devil::devil::devil:

oooh oooh can i see that lol

meggzie is on day 2 of her sleepover and i have been told not to text her any more

xx

I forgot to put that I'd also managed to complete and send off youngest dd's urine analysis questionnaire....albeit with a few (oh alright then, quite a few) answers marked "don't know"......wish I wasn't so forgetful when it came the kiddies early years :rolleyes:

Left youngest dd in a shop once :oops:

Got a week on my own while the boys are at their dad's so get to recharge and have some 'me' time!!!! :rolleyes:

Downside is it is my 40th on Thursday!!!! :unsure:

Ooooh, I can't wait to be 40 (nothing whatsoever to do with seeing Lee of course :whistle: ).....roll on November, I plan to celebrate for the entire month :dance: ............I was more worried about being 30. Enjoy your me time, and try to plan something fab for Thursday :thumbs:

Edited by Bagpuss

Ooooh, I can't wait to be 40 (nothing whatsoever to do with seeing Lee of course :whistle: )

40 eh? Just old enough to be his Mum!!! :P :P :lol: I on the other hand . . . :wub: :wub: You really should leave him all to me, plus what with dragging your caravan halfway around the country you just won't have the energy to do your Lee-time justice :whistle:

BTW - there's a very nice piccy of Lee in his loin cloth outside the theatre. Amazing how such a little thing can have such an impact on my previous 'must walk on the right hand side pavement' obsession :devil::whistle:

40 eh? Just old enough to be his Mum!!! :P :P :lol: I on the other hand . . . :wub: :wub: You really should leave him all to me, plus what with dragging your caravan halfway around the country you just won't have the energy to do your Lee-time justice :whistle:

Well he might prefer sophisticated older women.. :whistle: I'm hoping he'll still be in the show by February :pray::pray:

BTW - there's a very nice piccy of Lee in his loin cloth outside the theatre.

Where??? :):)

Well he might prefer sophisticated older women.. :whistle:

I can do sophisticated ... I think :unsure:

Where??? :):)

Walk down the Strand from Trafalgar Sq. towards Waterloo Bridge on the left hand pavement and you can't miss it :lol:

My positive for today - all the nasty noisy u/grads had to leave by 10am this morning. I have no neighbours. There's just a few post grads here and it's sooooo quiet - bliss. :)

GUINEA PIGS!

Had two for 6 years :D

Sadly, one died last month. :tearful:

The survivor was alright, but not as perky and chatty as before. She had no one to squeak at when I wasn't around, so she moped. I decided to get another piggie.

Introductions were made yesterday, slowly and carefully, neutral territory, lots of yummy delicacies scattered around...

I've just checked, and they're snuggled up together. :wub:

Piglit is about a fifth the size of Ben, but everything seems fine.

I really enjoy having guinea pigs, she's my sixth. They are such fun!

Ooooh, can we see some piccies Bard? :wub: I love piggies too. They have helped my youngest dd overcome her fear of animals alot, and she has a wonderful bond with our two. Every morning they squeak for food, and she goes straight to the fridge, to get them a cherry tomato each, and then hand feeds them, while chattering away to them :wub: Then eldest dd gets up and they get their food, hay and water. They were bought for our eldest dd, so she's had to learn to share them abit, bless her. I've even caught DH talking to them and giving them peices of cucumber ;) Our's have got two really distinct personalities, are really friendly, easy to handle and I don't think I'd ever be without one now.........if I lived in a big enough house I think I'd have quite a few!

Edited by Bagpuss

Sorry Bagpuss, I don't own a digital camera.

It is one of the many inventions of the 20th/21st century I do not possess, along with a microwave, dishwasher, tumble dryer, satellite dish, toaster...to name but a few.

I'm delighted that your daughters are loving theirs, my daughter looked after a friend's chickens, cat, guinea pig and psychotic rabbit. She had to wear my gardening gloves to fend it off.

She's a Monty Python fan, and found it funny!

Edited by Bard

I find technology difficult. I'm so fed up of buying a phone, and getting war and peace with it......takes forever to find out how to use it. I'm always loathe to swop or change anything, and only ever learn the basics, even with the laptop. Microwave is used rarely, except to quickly warm some milk. Don't have a tumble dryer. Do have a toaster and dishwasher though. Dishwasher came with the house. We've got sky, and sky plus, which I really use alot, as I'm forever missing programmes and having to record them, or I have to see to the kids half way through, so I record the rest. Also got a cordless phone for the same reasons. I've started trying to do as much as I can online, to try and save some time, and some things have worked out well, like dvd rental, but I've found doing food shopping online more irritating than doing it in person.

Well, my positive for today is that youngest dd, who won't eat anything new or different, including a different type of bread, actually bit a cherry tomato today to try it :thumbs: She was getting them for the GP's and asked if she could try one............she bit it, said yuch, and threw it in the bin. Gave her lots of praise for trying :D

GCSE results today for NT daughter.

6 A*, 2 As and 2 Bs. And it wasn't easy, trying to study with B in the same house!

All her prospective A level subjects were A*

Big roast dinner for her tonight, if she ever returns from celebrating with her friends.

:eat::thumbs:

Well done G - great results :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Enjoy your roast tonight :eat::eat1:

Edited by Mumble