hev

my positive thread

wonder how it well,mumble not been on yet......... :pray: for mumble

right my positive for today,done all my housework,k is up my sisters and stevie wonder at respite :thumbs: nick at work and i have house to myself,no teles on,no noise just silence :thumbs:

Sounds bliss Hev, can I join you? I could do with a lovely little snooze... :hypno:

My positive for today.....DS 13 won the 1500 metres at school for his year.....he's off to Gateshead to take part in further event :thumbs:

Hoping it all went well Mumble, take care x

Guest Lya of the Nox
My positive for today.....DS 13 won the 1500 metres at school for his year.....he's off to Gateshead to take part in further event :thumbs:

wow well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope u oks too mumble

xxxxx

Thanks Lya.....we are really proud of him, although unsure where he gets his athletic build and sporty nature from.....some genetic throw back? He's got two teletubbies as parents :lol: We wish he'd persue it further, as he appears to have a real talent, but he isn't interested, although we've tried to encourage him, as have the school :rolleyes:

Ok everyone, sit down to read this one . . . :lol:

Final score today:

Mumble: 1

University (especially disability officer and accommodation people): -276!!!!!

Mahahahaha Mahahahaha Mahaha :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh you NTs really are scared of a few (or many) tears aren't you!!!!!

Meeting went pretty well (once I got into it - was struggling a bit to get words out to start with) - I took copies of my Battle Plan agenda very clearly numbering and listing everything I needed support with/was worrying me. Kept myself together until item 6) accommodation, at which point I started to loose it. However, unlike disability officer who cannot seem to understand me in distress, head woman from the section of the NAS doing this who will be being my mentor who was there seemed to totally understand me (I felt this from the beginning actually because unlike other people I've met she didn't expect/demand eye-contact from me and seemed to understand if I couldn't verbalise my thoughts) and highlighted sorting my accommodation as an urgent priority. She's coming to my halls within the next two weeks to speak to the manager herself :thumbs: , and by all accounts, it will be a kind of 'look here and listen' type of thing! She's also going to help me find a dentist who will understand me (probably a children's SEN one but that's got to be better than some of the experiences I've had), so I'll get this ouchy tooth sorted and won't be grumpy Mumble.

Disability officer didn't get much of a say in things actually - at one point it was just me and NAS woman and a vague awareness of another blob in the corner - and for once it wasn't me who was the blob in the corner!!!!! At one point D.O. made me very uncomfortable talking about me being a burden on my supervisor. So did I do the usual worry to myself and get all worked up thing? - oh no, I was on a roll by this point - took myself off for a walk round a London park to calm down a little and to think about what I would say, then went to see said supervisor and asked him calmly if I was a burden - we had a short but very useful conversation - upshot being that I'm not a burden, mentoring will be positive and can work with him and the support he gives and I will get more teaching hours because he will be able to focus on teaching issues with me whilst I have a mentor for pasterol issues :).

The only less positive issue was that the mentor can't offer the full face to face hours recommended in my assessment of need report. However, she is going to make it up with email support on a daily basis as needed (which, particularly at the beginning will be good because I find it much easier to communicate in text anyway), and we'll be working towards thinking of other types of face-to-face one-to-one support for the new academic year (probably another PhD student working in a buddy role to help me join in social activities and stuff, but on my terms.)

Ok, sorry, I've rambled on - I'm just feeling very, very positive about things at the moment. Finally someone (other than you wonderful lot on here of course :notworthy: ) is listening to me and some action is being taken. She's going to help me too with disclosure and helping me to find ways of telling people positively that I'm AS which is exactly what I need.

Oh, and another positive (because this wasn't enough!!!!!!), just bumped into Mr. Delightful Neighbour in the corridor and he apologised for the noise last night (I should damn well think so!!!!!) and then informed me that he's moving in with his girlfriend so will be leaving tomorrow. I am going to miss him so much :whistle::devil::lol:

Going for a bit of a balance - the only thing that makes me feel a little dejected is that I don't have anyone I can go and celebrate such a seemingly wonderful day with. :wine::gather: If I could be supported in making a friend, that would be wonderful. Oh and I should apologise, you're all going to have to put up with a slightly hyper bouncy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: happy Mumble on Saturday - I'm even really looking forward to that too. Long may my new found positive mood continue :)

Very happy MtM :)

Edited by Mumble

Guest Lya of the Nox

wooohhhoooooo

:notworthy::notworthy:

:cheers: have had a wee glass tonight so will make that in honour of you

xx

Great, fantastic news Mumble :thumbs::cheers:

Mines a Bacardi an coke!

Seriously well done....you deserve to be very very proud of yourself today, you're a great support on this forum and I'm truely pleased it looks like you will finally be getting the practical help and support you need.

Hurrayyyyyyyyyyyy :)

That's great news Mumble. I am so pleased for you. :thumbs::thumbs::dance::dance::bounce::bounce::clap:

Glad your looking forward to the meet on Sat. I am too. Can't it be Friday already. :)

Also well done to your son Bagpuss. :dance::clap::clap:

Really glad you have both had good days you deserve them so much. :)

My day has been good as well. Supply teacher was perhaps a little strict on my Year 7s. Really had to talk one of them out of causing trouble and been rather nasty about him. I could sort of see where he was coming from but they had been a little excitable. Then they are always like that. I think that is part of what appeals to me. (These are the lot I can't control on my own. :rolleyes: I expect this probably tells you why.) Also got thanked by the science teacher. The students didn't seem to understand what was expected of them so I decided to make a demonstration piece that got handed out around the class. (Have been doing the same work for a few lessons now and targeted it at what most of them were struggling with.) My other student was back too and seemed happy. (Yr9) Forgot to say also had the Year 7s telling me I couldn't leave in two weeks time. Eventually convinced them why I was going and then got forced into promising I'd visit. I think the liking thing isn't one sided. Will miss them. I'm doing my typical move. Just getting settled then moving on. I bet the last day is tough. Then planning on visiting the special school the day after. That could be tough too as I expect will get told how much I've been missed by certain students. Hope everyone else has had a good day too. All the best, David.

That's fantastic news, and you held it together all the way, you amazing woman you!

E-mail support should work well for you, you'll be able to build a relationship, think about what you want to say and get to know her through your preferred medium instead of being put on the spot.

" At one point D.O. made me very uncomfortable talking about me being a burden on my supervisor."

Some people just don't know when they've lost, and go down flailing and wailing and blaming everyone else.

How dare she! You gave an excellent response to provocation, and I bet your supervisor wasn't impressed at having words put into his mouth!

We'd love you to practice making friends with us on Saturday! Off to toast you with a hot rum toddy.

(Got a bit of a croaky throat, so I'm taking precautionary measures)

Thanks everyone. I'm grinning rather Cheshire Catishly at the moment :D (but it's hurting my tooth so I'm going to stop!!)

So that's one Bacardi 'n' Coke (yuck :sick:!), One hot rum toddy (yuck :sick:!), and one of whatever Lya's on, right? So no takers for chocolate beer (yuck :sick:! - to the beer part)? Me, I'm on boiled slightly bown tap water (yuck :sick:!). Really should have thought ahead and got some celebrating supplies in!! :wine: (white please!) :drunk::cheers:

You're right Pearl; I don't think it could have been much better. Supervisor definately wasn't too pleased at the words ascribed to him!!!! David, it definately cannot be Friday now - I have a paper to write by Sunday evening and seeing as Saturday will all be bouncing :bounce: and worrying and bouncing :bounce: and happy, splashing in the penguin pool and apparently now squashing Baddad, I would be happier getting it written before the weekend - but I feel I can now - that expression 'a weight off your shoulders'? I can see where it comes from now - I really do feel like someones taken a pack off my back.

I'm glad you're happy for me to practice being friends - I might get it very, very wrong though, so be warned (and not surprised) :tearful:

Bouncy MtM :)

No on second thoughts I don't want it to be Friday either. That mean I'd only got a week of school left. Have to savour every moment of it. I do enjoy it a lot there. That said one of the others who is a main reason for that is leaving too. Have promised to stay in touch. She lives about 2mins walk from me so shouldn't be hard. :)

Mine is a Rose wine. Yum yum. (Now need a licking licks emoticon. Also Mumble needed a white wine one before. Come on BD your slacking. ;))

I'm just feeling very, very positive about things at the moment.

Don't worry, we'll soon fix that :o:lol:

Seriously, glad everything went so well today, and rid of noist neighbour too! let's hope nexyt one in is a nice quiet non-smoker who knows how to cook a 5 course banquet on a camping gaz bottle and microwave!

Not sure where this squashing baddad thing snuck in??

Perhaps 'squashing' is new kidspeak for 'plying with copious amounts of alcohol'? Sik, dude, and totally tubular!

Baggy - congrats to young 'un :thumbs: and really REALLY hope all the snuffles and stuff are gone for weekend...

L&P

BD :D

Thanks BD :)

Ditto!

I'm half hoping I've made such a fuss they think it easier not to put anyone else in the room :devil: One down, 81 to go :whistle:

Ditto!

I'm half hoping I've made such a fuss they think it easier not to put anyone else in the room :devil: One down, 81 to go :whistle:

You could always suggest someone to occupy it. I'm sure there would be some takers on here for a holiday. What about Baddad I'm sure that be fun. :whistle: Been more serious perhaps they can find someone who shares similar interests to you. Also who is a bit more caring about the needs for others and could be supportive. Glad to hear your losing your neighbour. How much did you have to bribe his girlfriend by the way? ;)

Not sure where this squashing baddad thing snuck in??

Perhaps 'squashing' is new kidspeak for 'plying with copious amounts of alcohol'? Sik, dude, and totally tubular!

Me, me, that was me!

I was being sensitive and caring to oxgirl, and suggesting ways of 'Unbouncing Tigger'

Check out the Tour de wosit thread.

Alcohol might work...what sort of drunk are you? Sleepy and quiet or louder and bouncier?

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

...what sort of drunk are you? Sleepy and quiet or louder and bouncier?

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Which do you think he is, Bard?? :ph34r::devil::shame:

:bounce::wine::bounce::wine::bounce::wine::bounce:

Boho :lol:

Edited by bid

"positive, happy, things on the up" Mumble,

So pleased your meeting was successfully and that finally someone is listening.

I am also glad too to hear that just maybe you will finally be getting that tooth fixed !!!!!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Clare x x x

I failed in using the kitchen again, even with MP3 player, book and a simply stick it in the microwave and run meal. :tearful: It's a positive because at least I tried again so the uni can't turn round and say I only tried once and was 'unfortunate'. Surely anyone with an ounce of logic would be able to work out that a large kitchen shared by 80+ students really isn't suitable for an autistic person. Hopefully the NAS mentor will 'help' them to understand this.

More positively, I've had my first neighbourless day - peace reigns in Mumble land (well no, it doesn't actually, the others make up for him not being here, but it's a bit better) :)

Edited by Mumble

went to herne bay with dad on coach trip,i got abso sozzled but sober now,i was kiddie free so i went for it :cheers::drunk::drunk: got headache now but had good day :thumbs:

Two positives today :D

I survived sports day with 30-odd three/four year olds :wacko::hypno::blink: (and have the headache to prove it... )

Little monkey has decided (and told his teachers!) he's going to provide the music for a disco at school on monday.........

Smiley and DJ Mikey :jester::D

Have arranged to visit special school on last day of term. They break up a day later than the mainstream school I'm presently working at. Was really pleased when I noticed that. Talked to the deputy head today and they were very happy for me to visit. Will be nice to catch up with the staff who don't go out normally. (Have been out a few times with staff in Middlesbrough on Friday evenings.)

School today was good. Students worked well and no issues with behaviour. Still wish I knew where I'd put my keys though. Also had fun in L.S.U. I'll certainly miss the staff who are in there. It is nice how many students say hello to me around school too. :)

EDIT: Meant to say sorry your kitchen trip didn't go well. I hope they manage to sort you out some more appropriate arrangements soon. Have you come down of the celling yet after your meeting earlier in the week? Hope things keep going well for you, David.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

>:D<<'> mumble. At least you had a go & are still pushing your boundaries, so its positive really.

Hev, glad you had a fun day, sounds like my kinda day :wine:

smiley :notworthy: I stand in awe

David, enjoy your day at the special school.

sorry if I've missed anyone. Feeling VERY VERY positive today, go check my new post B)

My class found out today who will be their teacher next year. They have been a testosterone-fuelled sleigh ride all year! Three of my 'mad, bad and dangerous to know' contingent stayed behind at lunchtime, because they were worried.

They have come a long, long way since September, confidence up, aggression down, academic progress considerable, better friendships.

The basic message they had was that they were worried because their next teacher was too nice, and wouldn't tell them off. That she might not stop the mischief before it became full-blown mayhem and carnage.

That they would revert to being bad again, and they weren't sure they had the strength to resist. :unsure:

So...would I mind keeping an eye on them? Warning them if they were making bad choices? Tell them off for running down corridors, getting silly?Would I please remind them how to behave, and be strict with them..Explain rules properly.

I kept my face straight and promised that I wouldn't let them down.

I will be their nemesis next year too! :ph34r:

Edited by Bard

Oh wow, bard :notworthy:

I wouldnt do your job for a gold clock!

But you are clearly doing what you were born to do, and those naughty but nice boys clearly recognise it!

Not bad for eight year old reasoning!

Dragonlady rides again!

This is very mean but . . .

We've just had a 'middle of the night' fire drill. Very funny seeing all the students who only crawlled in at 3am being woken up after 2 hours sleep!!!! Now if only they could link that to how I feel when they wake me up!!! :devil::whistle: :whistle:

Guest Lya of the Nox
This is very mean but . . .

We've just had a 'middle of the night' fire drill. Very funny seeing all the students who only crawlled in at 3am being woken up after 2 hours sleep!!!! Now if only they could link that to how I feel when they wake me up!!! :devil::whistle: :whistle:

Love

it

that would mke me chuckle lots too

have a good day

x

Perhaps you should tell the college that your worried about how long it took people to get out hence they'd better have a repeat. Presently your worried that it constitutes a health and safety breach. Sorry feeling sadistic myself. Hope you didn't find that too bad yourself though. I wouldn't like to be woken in the middle of the night. That said I used to sleep through the alarm at home when it went off. Not been quite such a deep sleeper since University and Kenya though. Wake up for bangs and alarms generally now days.