hev

my positive thread

Guest Lya of the Nox
Now all you need is a wrinkly old man to complete the effect...

sadly, I am far too young and line free :whistle:;)

:notworthy:

you have made me laugh, and finally cry

POF x

I've finally completed my paper - and it's still today - just :whistle: Now the question is, having finished it, is there much point going to bed as I've got to be up to talk about it in not too many hours and will probably fret about it most of the night :wacko:

Humph - well, it's today by MY clock on MY computer!!

Edited by Mumble

I've finally completed my paper - and it's still today - just :whistle: Now the question is, having finished it, is there much point going to bed as I've got to be up to talk about it in not too many hours and will probably fret about it most of the night :wacko:

Humph - well, it's today by MY clock on MY computer!!

well done mumble :thumbs: im not going to bed either,i cant sleep

Now all you need is a wrinkly old man to complete the effect...

Got one of those, but don't tell him I said so.

Karen

x

Thank you Baddad.

I'm reading Black Swan Green by David Mitchell and finding it very interesting.

And B has only 2 more weeks to cope with school without blowing!

Will he make it and win a DVD of Hornblower for his very own?

Managed to sort out a week's Primary School placement this morning. It isn't in the ideal Year Group but have experienced Year 6 in another school. They also said whilst I'm there they can arrange with other teachers if I want to see their classes. Talked to the deputy head (as the head was out on a course) and she said I can be in her class (Year 4). Mum just told me I know one student who goes there but I don't think it should cause any problems. Not sure what year they are in though but the youngster in question is sensible. Was getting worried as they left it a bit late to ask us to organise it in some ways. Hasn't really sunk in that I'm doing teacher training after the summer. Mind you the Kenya trip hasn't really either.

School was also good today. One lesson ended up as 2 members of staff and 3 students. Almost unheard of in a mainstream school. That class normally has 5 students which is fairly good in itself. I think it may disadvantage some of the other classes though as it will mean they're bigger. Still need to work on class control. When teacher left the room for a little while they decided to hit each other with rulers (these are Year 7s by the way) when I asked them to stop they just ignored me. Had to go and get one of the other members of staff to have a word. Mind you it is a different relationship as a member of support staff to what a teacher has. Whenever I've tried to be strict with students in the past it has backfired and ended up in them not using me as support. Still behaviour management does worry me a little bit. That said the majority of the lesson was very good. I tend to like the Year 7s. My other Year 7 lesson also went well. In that I work with a lad with Semantic Pragmatic Disorder. They're reading Dracula at the moment. He did get a bit embarrased at one point though. The teacher used a random selection program on her computer to assign parts. He ended up with one of the female parts which meant he had to talk about holding and loving one of the other characters. It would have probably been fine if it had been a girl with the other part but his reaction after the first time made it obvious how embarrased he was by reading it as the other reader was a lad. Of course the rest of the class picked up on this so had to remind him to ignore them and the jibes directed at him. The other lessons were rather boring in respect to those two. I got teased in a playful manor by some of the staff as usual too. One in particular knows how to make me go bright red. Luckily she never does it when the students are around. Today she suggested I was trying to set up a date between her and another member of staff. :oops:

EDIT: Naturally infront of said other member of staff. Conversations with that lot tend to end up with one of two conclusions. Me in fit of laughter or bright red. :rolleyes:

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I'm feeling a very smug Mumble:

1. I coped with the mess up to transport in London this morning - bus stopped early but I walked (and didn't get lost) to my conference. Then . . .
  2. I found the conference room and although I sat on the table that had someone I knew, I managed to exchange customary greetings with someone else who came to my table. Then . . .
  3. I managed to concentrate on about 2/3 of what was said despite an intermitant drilling noise outside. Then . . .
  4. I survived 'doing social' at lunch and ate lunch (ok, it was with people I know, and only for a very short time because the morning had overrun, but that's still a big achievement for me - I'd normally be a gibbering wreck in a room by myself). Then . . .
  5. I coped in my discussion group - again, ok, I only spoke twice and only when I was spoken directly to and asked a direct question, but soooooo much better than previously. Then . . .
  6. They gave us building blocks to play with!!!!!!!!! Hmm, think I might have misunderstood that objective, but my re-building of the coluseum drew some interest!!! Then (it doesn't finish there!) . . .
  7. I went to, rather than ran away from, 'drinks and doing social' at the end - and I talked to at the poor unfortunate soul who came to talk to me! Then . . .
  8. I didn't fall asleep in my evening lecture after all the effort to do things 'right' during the day - although I am extremely tired now.

Tired smug Mumble :)

Well done, Mumble. :thumbs: I have a few positives ...went to samba band practice, went drumming, have a new kitten! He's a bengal x siamese and very noisy! But cute :wub: Seem to have made a friend at adult aspie group, going to a gig with him in September :thumbs:

I'm feeling a very smug Mumble:
  1. I coped with the mess up to transport in London this morning - bus stopped early but I walked (and didn't get lost) to my conference. Then . . .
  2. I found the conference room and although I sat on the table that had someone I knew, I managed to exchange customary greetings with someone else who came to my table. Then . . .
  3. I managed to concentrate on about 2/3 of what was said despite an intermitant drilling noise outside. Then . . .
  4. I survived 'doing social' at lunch and ate lunch (ok, it was with people I know, and only for a very short time because the morning had overrun, but that's still a big achievement for me - I'd normally be a gibbering wreck in a room by myself). Then . . .
  5. I coped in my discussion group - again, ok, I only spoke twice and only when I was spoken directly to and asked a direct question, but soooooo much better than previously. Then . . .
  6. They gave us building blocks to play with!!!!!!!!! Hmm, think I might have misunderstood that objective, but my re-building of the coluseum drew some interest!!! Then (it doesn't finish there!) . . .
  7. I went to, rather than ran away from, 'drinks and doing social' at the end - and I talked to at the poor unfortunate soul who came to talk to me! Then . . .
  8. I didn't fall asleep in my evening lecture after all the effort to do things 'right' during the day - although I am extremely tired now.
Tired smug Mumble :)

I'm amazed and impressed!

Perhaps the Greenwich meeting will be more bearable than you thought possible, at least for a while.

Better get an early night. That sort of effort always knocks B out for 12 hours at least.

Small happy icon taking its hat off to you.

Some of my emoticons work, some don't, so you will have to use your imagination!

Edited by Bard

Thanks everyone. I'm still feeling smug and bouncy :bounce: this morning, but very, very tired.

Better get an early night. That sort of effort always knocks B out for 12 hours at least.

I was asleep by 10 o'clock last night, and although I did my usual waking up at 5:30am, I (unheard of for me) went back to sleep and got up at 8:00. I'm still really tired though and finding it hard to concentrate on my work this morning - I wonder if such tiredness is a worthwhile price to pay for (almost) appearing 'normal'. I have a research seminar this afternoon - I'm not great in the afternoons anyway, so either I need to very swiftly get over my dislike of coffee or else take some matchsticks to hold my eyes open :lol:

Mumble.....well done, sounds like it all went well for you and its not surprising you are knackered today, if I did all that I would be and I am supposed to be NT !!!!!

Hope todays ends up OK for you, maybe you could reach for a can of that stuff that's supposed to give you wiings ?????

Clare x

Mumble.....well done, sounds like it all went well for you and its not surprising you are knackered today, if I did all that I would be and I am supposed to be NT !!!!!

Hope todays ends up OK for you, maybe you could reach for a can of that stuff that's supposed to give you wiings ?????

Clare x

:sick::sick::sick::sick: I'd rather have the coffee and that's saying something!!! My sister reckons it tastes like cough medicine!!

We've just had an al fresco picnic/dinner in our garden.

Blue sky, sunshine and roses...and a little hibachi grill which was near enough to a camp fire to make B happy.

Grab my summer whilst I can!

We've just had an al fresco picnic/dinner in our garden.

Blue sky, sunshine and roses...and a little hibachi grill which was near enough to a camp fire to make B happy.

Grab my summer whilst I can!

I assume my invite got caught up in the postal strike? :unsure::whistle::lol::eat:

Lya - if you want it to be the weekend, it's the weekend. :)

I assume my invite got caught up in the postal strike? :unsure::whistle::lol::eat:

The way this summer is shaping up, any invitation would have to be telepathic, and you would need instantaneous transport!

I think you'd have liked it, not much talking, lots of cloud-watching and birdsong.

B brought out his Roman Army playmobil and they marched along the retaining wall in order to face the terrible gargoyle windchime whilst he was waiting for his fish to grill.

The way this summer is shaping up, any invitation would have to be telepathic, and you would need instantaneous transport!

I think you'd have liked it, not much talking, lots of cloud-watching and birdsong.

B brought out his Roman Army playmobil and they marched along the retaining wall in order to face the terrible gargoyle windchime whilst he was waiting for his fish to grill.

It sounds wonderful - pretty much exactly my sort of thing. I'll have a red mullet please. :eat: I'm off to brush up on my telepathic skills and I'll find out when the service will be finished on my private helicopter :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox

thank you mumble

thank you mumble

Well it really is the weekend now!!! :lol:

My positive: I've just survived the local coffee house to get some lunch - was delicious but expensive - and my disability officer is certainly going to know about me being too scared to use the kitchen when I meet with her and the Prospects woman on Monday :angry::devil::whistle:

Ooh, and I bought a punnet of delicious raspberries on the way back :eat::eat1: - made me remember going PYO-ing as a child and telling people off for eating off the bushes instead of paying and then eating :lol::oops:

I've finished writing my Battle Plan Everything that student services won't help me with list Shaming my disability officer into action list agenda for my meeting about mentoring tomorrow with my disability officer :whistle: Poor woman, poor poor woman :devil::lol:

Thanks everyone - I have a feeling I'm going to have a restless night now, but I have some of my favourite DVDs and plenty of unhealthy snacks (chocolate cake features high on the list :eat:) to get me through. I'm just hoping I can manage to pull off my cunning plan tomorrow morning.

BD - glad to see you've added to your siggy!! :lol:

Ever so slightly worried Mumble :unsure: