soraya

Done a runner again!!

Nick cousin was kind enough to take nick to the cinema today, however after the movie they had an argument and nick did a runner. His cousin is very upset but i told him to get the train home on his own. As we speak Nick is somewhere on his own in Brighton, but i have got to the stage where i dont care i am tired of running after him, he has done this since the age of 5 and now he is 14 he can find his own way home, i have just had enough. :crying: :crying:

Oh dear, Soraya, I feel for you. My YS (now 10) does this too and scares the living daylights out of me.

Has anyone found anything that helps?

Thanks everyone for your messages, he finally came home at 8.30 saying "i needed to be alone to chill out". I really think he does not care how much he worries me, i wish i did not care so much. Why do these kids just run?

Glad he's home at last, and not too late.

B does run away from problems at school as an alternative to fighting, but he's not run away from me...yet!

If he did, he'd say it was my fault, that he wasn't lost, I was just in the wrong place.

Then we wouldn't talk for an hour or so, and then he'd have forgotten what was wrong and be suprised if I remembered.

As someone else once said, it's like Groundhog Day. A clean slate every morning.

Thanks everyone for your messages, he finally came home at 8.30 saying "i needed to be alone to chill out". I really think he does not care how much he worries me, i wish i did not care so much. Why do these kids just run?

Oh soraya it must be so hard for you. >:D<<'> >:D<

You care about him becuase you love him so much and your love will never change- you are angry from his actions not him; but I am sure that he also cares and loves you to bit- he just doesn't know how to say it or how to show his love; this is part of who he is-

I really do feel for you and understand how difficult it is to be trying your hard and he seems not to care a bit, but I also feel for him so much and I think it must be equally hard and frustrating for him as well. May be when everything calms down you both need to try exploring new ways of communicating your feelings-- At the moment just let the storm pass with as little damage as possible >:D<<'> >:D<

Oh no, I am glad your son is home safe and sound. I was thinking does he have a fone to keep in contact so at least you can just txt him and he can txt you back to let you know he is ok and just needs to chill. Poor cousin I bet he thought you would go mad and I am glad you didn't, well done to you and for his cousin for being sensible and contcating you to let you know >:D<<'>

Oh no, I am glad your son is home safe and sound. I was thinking does he have a fone to keep in contact so at least you can just txt him and he can txt you back to let you know he is ok and just needs to chill. Poor cousin I bet he thought you would go mad and I am glad you didn't, well done to you and for his cousin for being sensible and contcating you to let you know >:D<<'>

hi glad to hear that your son returned home safe and well i was about to ask about a phone but see was beaten to it,hope all's calmed down for you now.

Take care

Rachel x

hello love >:D<<'> my steve donea runner at preston station last week,or train was due to blackpool ,he had no money or tickets and i was frantic,he appeared just as the train came :rolleyes:

then when on the train he got off at a stop and got on another carriage,its all done to scare me,i just sat on the train,i had really had it by then

i hope things are calm for you tonight >:D<<'>

Can anyone explain why when they are upset, they bolt out of sight this also happened to us on holiday. We were returning from the beach and got ourselves lost. While searching to find where we had gone wrong (about 1 hour later DS asked why it was taking so long to get back to the hotel at first we joked that we were on the scenic route but he eventually realized we were lost and started to really panic nothing we said calmed him down. Suddenly he stormed off out of sight! Now we really had a big problem, his dad found him. Why could he not cope even though we said if we don't find it soon we would get a taxi to bring us back. This has happened many times over the years, he gets annoyed and storms of out of sight, what makes him need to get away and does he consider the dangers. This scares me to death.

My son does this too - he storms off when he's angry or upset and won't come back until one of us goes to get him. Recently he's started saying he's going to leave home (he's 6) and heads towards the front door, collecting a backpack on the way.

I've told him he is never to leave the house without me or my partner, but in the heat of the moment I reckon he would go. Going to deadlock the door from now on.

My dd does this too.

I had hoped that it would be something that might diminish over time, but it seems not...

Hats off to everyone who can actually travel on public transport :notworthy: it's totally impossible for us as she can't wait, bolts at the drop of a hat and is terrified of the very noisy train station.

All hail to my mechanic who keeps my car on the road for me....

Hi everyone, yes Nick does have a phone, but he turns it off then he runs off!!!! I give up now, i let him run off as he is now 14 and i refuse to chase after him. Hev is right Nick does it to scare and worry me :wallbash:

Its very worrying. My DS once nearly got run over bolting across a dual carriageway. I feel sick just remembering the occasion. The thing is if he disappears it then just takes longer to get home then it would've done, and also surely the thought of getting lost is more anxiety provoking than staying with the rest of the family!!

Hi everyone, yes Nick does have a phone, but he turns it off then he runs off!!!! I give up now, i let him run off as he is now 14 and i refuse to chase after him. Hev is right Nick does it to scare and worry me :wallbash:

nick and steve were defo seperated at birth,steve turns his phone off too,im also done chasing,it does no good