spectrummum

i am very upset

hi all those of you who know me no i am not a nasty person i have problems with emotion sometimes but i am not bad

i offer any help and advice where ever i can

i was on a group today and someone posted and said that her child had been reassessed and they told her her child was cured he did not have autism amymore and the miracle was the gf/cf diet

now i know a lot of people swear by this diet and i respect you for that i however dont but that is my opinion

i replyed saying i would be wary of anyone who said my child was cured

she replyed with a message saying i was rude and unkind and used a swear word

i was trying to help but seemed to fiel her

i told her i did want a cure for my children or myself she said i was f------ stupid

im very upset

shell

Hi Shell,

I wouldn't waste your energy worrying about this person's response to you. She sounds like she was feeling a huge amount of 'relief' at being told her son was cured, when at best from what I've read about that diet it can help 'alleviate' some/or a lot of AS symptoms in 'some' children.

She's either been mis informed, or her child had the wrong diagnosis to start off with.

Try not to take her message to heart, and don't respond - you were only voicing your opinion which we're all allowed to do.

She most likely had, for whatever reason, got her hopes up about a 'cure', and did not want any reality breaking into that.

It's not an excuse for the behaviour...just a possible reason for her response.

Don't let it upset you - take care >:D<<'>

hi all those of you who know me no i am not a nasty person i have problems with emotion sometimes but i am not bad

i offer any help and advice where ever i can

i was on a group today and someone posted and said that her child had been reassessed and they told her her child was cured he did not have autism amymore and the miracle was the gf/cf diet

now i know a lot of people swear by this diet and i respect you for that i however dont but that is my opinion

i replyed saying i would be wary of anyone who said my child was cured

she replyed with a message saying i was rude and unkind and used a swear word

i was trying to help but seemed to fiel her

i told her i did want a cure for my children or myself she said i was f------ stupid

im very upset

shell

there are a lot of people like that on the internet,they are often nasty as they can get away with it on the internet more.

that person cannot call other people stupid when they think a diet cures differently wired brain and genetics,if it truly 'cured' her child she would not have had autism to begin with.

the diet can help lighten some traits in some autists and aspergans,but that does not mean cure.

Try not to let her upset you.

Shell >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Please ignore her comments >:D<<'>

I was just reading Donna Williams Blog - this bit about the internet ....

...........Then there are flamers who feign discussion but are actually so certain of their own virulent opinion that the questions they pose are purely rhetorical and no amount of answering will ever please them. They are like spiders spinning webs to hook an insect, poison them, bind them and suck them dry. These are not merely people letting off steam. Some are well known for their hatred and support stalking and internet lynchings, often citing libelous misinformation containing blatant factual errors. Then there are trolls who post poorly researched controversial information in order to set out to bait people into responding. When the comments of trolls and flamers are deleted or they are blocked from posting, they often proclaim this as evidence of the righteousness of their behaviour rather than facing that they were not discussing nor even open to discussion in the first place.

Donna Blog

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

this is one of the messages i have not put that word in

THere is a negative Nelly in every bunch, seems ours must be dear Shelly.

that's all the tme i'll take to comment on that.

but i feel like everyone is thinking the same thing to say something

so hurtful to some one she must be a f--------' idiot

am i that bad

do i force people to say what i think

i am very confused inside

shell

sorry the f word was showing sorry

Edited by spectrummum

Hi Shell,

Your advice here is invaluable and your insight is quite unique. :notworthy: i have never found your posts offensive in anyway, i may not post here often but i lurk alot :thumbs: lol

Like Lisa said either the lads Docs gave him the wrong Dx or she is having herself on, Troll Maybe :unsure:

Dont let nasty people like her get you down rise above it !! ;) have a few of these :wine: and chill.

Take Care xx >:D<<'>

thankyou my friend

i want everyone to promise if i sound judgemental or rude please just say shell think

i dont often listen to my brain and just type

but no matter what my opinion is i would never hurt you guys for the world

you are the best kind of friends for an aspie

lol i dont have to make eye contact

i love you all

shell

i am new here and don't know many people except those off the other forum where i post.(non autism) when i got a link to here i was so wary of joining as i have had so many bad experiences on line with autism forums.

i wouldn't listen honestly to what one person thinks, from what i have read so far it seems like you are really respected and quite willing to resolve any matter that may arise with civility. lets face it we all can put our foot in it every now and then.

>:D<<'> hope you're ok.

Hi Shell,

Please don't beat yourself up over this. Unfortunately in life there are people like this but thankfully there are the majority that are not.

I've read previously about diets that can help certain aspects of asd just like they can help other problems, i,e. asthma or eczema - and like all things I think there are definitely some things that can help certain people when certain foods are eliminated - I know that certain products do affect both my children and myself however, I would be very wary of anyone who said it could 'cure' a medical diagnosis - but I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

For me a classic example would be a coeliac - they would have symptoms relieved if they cut out all wheat - but they are not 'cured' - I also believe like lots of things there can be mis-diagnosis and asd's can present differently in each child so there is no hard and fast rule like a blood test that says yes you have this or that, doctors can make mistakes.

I'm quite a sensitive person, and I've never ever found any of your posts rude or offensive - but what you've written that the other person wrote is offensive and hurtful.

Take care, chin up,

Jb

>:D<<'> Shell >:D<<'>

I know it's easier said than done but try to leave it behind you if you can. I've always found your posts warm, honest and supportive. O is on this diet - it helps with some things e.g. chronic diarrhoea but it is not a 'cure' - there is no such thing in my opinion and if there was I wouldn't be using it. Despite all their difficulties I would never change or 'cure' my children. I love them for who they are. Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Shell,

You are lovely and have done nothing wrong.

It sounds as though this woman is clutching at straws and burying her head in the sand, maybe she is so desperate for the ASD to go away, but that's not reality is it?!

Don't change for anybody, you are you, and you are fab!

Lisa xx >:D<<'>

this is one of the messages i have not put that word in

THere is a negative Nelly in every bunch, seems ours must be dear Shelly.

that's all the tme i'll take to comment on that.

but i feel like everyone is thinking the same thing to say something

so hurtful to some one she must be a f--------' idiot

am i that bad

do i force people to say what i think

i am very confused inside

shell

sorry the f word was showing sorry

Shell, I was quite disgusted by what this person said to you. If the managers/moderators of that group had any decency they would delete that message and censure the person responsible.

You gave an honest opinion, probably based on personal experience so that could not be open to question. If that person's child is cured then therfe is no longer any reason fo h er to be in a support group she should leave and good riddance to her.

Shame she cant read this.

MB

I would ignore this person, you have always been good on this forum and helped people out, she sounds like an ignorant nasty person. FWIW I have never come across a cured Autistic person EVER, if that were the case Autism would be a thing of the past!

Shell

I agree with the others. Ignore that person. Sometimes people think anonymity on a forum gives them licence to insult other people. This person obviously was not looking for advice from anyone - he/she had already made their own mind up.

Don't sink to their level. At least here we know that the forum is well-moderated and this sort of thing isn't tolerated.

Take care

>:D<<'> I have experience similair bullying tactics on forums, I dont put up with it, if the site moderators let people abuse others then the site isnt worth your support, knowledge and friendship, I now walk away from forums that just want to bully others on the internet.

Your a wonderful person and you having nothing at all to be ashamed of, walk away and let them get on with it.

>:D<<'>

JsMum